Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this hair dye in 20-Brownish Black.
My hair has been dyed red 3 times in (20 volume crème developer) and I had been wanting to go dark on my hair. These were around $5 a box or so and I bought 2 boxes to fully saturate my hair. It worked great! Kept it on for 45 mins, washed out with no problem, my hair also did not become very damaged. Of course, there is still slight tones of red but that is only from my previous coloring. The only thing I recommend is to make sure you have enough hair dye for your hair to be saturated completely.
Overall, this stuff does the job and is really not too much money.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first hair dye and the only one I'm brave enough to use (as yet). My hair is naturally black, so I was looking to lighten it only about one or two shades.

The one I've stuck with is #50 Medium Brown, which doesn't really do anything to my hair except lighten it a little. Most of the time you can't even tell I've dyed it, unless you look really close in the sunlight. Fine by me. I don't want to be one of those people with hair lighter than their skin (a major faux pas, IMHO). I took a lippie off because this product does fade, although that doesn't bother me much as it's not really noticeable.

Overall, I like this product. It's gentle on my hair, doesn't make me gag (at least, not as much as I'd imagined chemical-saturated hair dye would), and doesn't look fake or brassy. In fact, it looks natural, and now that it's summer, it's given my now dark-brown hair reddish highlights! I get compliments on it all the time. The conditioner is a bonus -- it smells so good (like peach, which masks most of that stinky dye smell), and leaves my hair unbelievably soft and shiny after washing. Plus, it's only about $6 at WalMart!

My only complaint about this product is the packaging -- I can never nip the top off the applicator bottle. Has anyone had the same problem? Usually I just take the cap right off and apply the dye to my roots using a comb. Works well for me, but I'd like to know how to nip the top off for next time!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i've tried so many colors from belle.. from golden brown, mahogany brown, med golden brown, lite brown, lightest golden mahogany brown and light golden brown... this dye is fairy cheap, i've seen it on sale for $2-3 and the most expensive is about $5, if u consider that expensive..
i never use the conditioner provided. mainly because of the packaging, i relate it to being old and out dated. if they put it in a mini bottle, i would probably use it. this dye does minimal damage to my hair and is somewhat easy to apply. it does make my hair feel stiff after application. it washes out very well and doesnt have a bad stench (comparing to feria)
they claim to have a new formula; they should really update their conditioner packaging.
most of the browns i've used pull a lot of red tones, some which i like and some, i dont.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is always on sale. I saw it on sale for $3 once. I know why. This color is almost too gentle to be called a permanent. Garnier really effed up on this one. The conditioner is only in a packet?! The conditioner is actually pretty nice but you can only use it once (I feel bad for long thick-haired people cuz it might not be enough.) Shades are kind of fake-looking especially the ash brown and dark red shades, even though they say it's natural. Their golden blonde shades turn out looking yellow and their ash blondes turn out grayish green. This stuff is pretty blah. Boring. Nothing special. Not even decent enough to earn 3 lippies.

Popular Hair Color Products