Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.4

on 1/21/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This and Clean&Clear's Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment are my HG skin care treatments!Whenever I have a popped pimple I put this on.What I do is clean the area with alcohol and then squeeze the tiniest drop out and rub it in.It's cheap,it works,and you only need a little bit.I will re-purchase when I run out which won't be for a while.

on 12/23/2007 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wow, thank you MUAers.. without you I never would have tried this. I used to be chronic picker and was used to waking up to the nasty aftermath of my fingernails. I'm not so bad about keeping my hands off my face now.. but sometimes I just can't resist. That's where Neopsporin comes in handy. Right after an attack on my face, I apply it on the offending spot, then I stick a plaster on and go to bed. The next morning, the spot is barely visible. No more nasty, inflamed breakouts for me!
I have to admit though, I'm very frugal with this product. I know you can build up a resistance to it. So ONLY when I've really gone at it do I break out the Neopsporin.

on 12/11/2007 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Wow....so a while ago I got a cut on my hand and immediately put Neosporin on it. Several years ago I had used Neosporin on every cut and had no problems, but all of a sudden when I put Neosporin on a cut I had, it just got worse, and actually looked infected. I kept putting it on and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Turns out I was allergic to the active ingredient in Neosporin and immediately stopped using it. The doctor recommended I use just plain Vaseline instead if I got a cut, because the reason why a scar forms is that a hard, dry scab forms on the skin, so if you keep that area hydrated there is less of a chance of scarring.

But, I had no way of dealing with the painful breakouts on my face which were leaving my face with bad hyperpigmentation and scarring. Using vaseline on that would just make me breakout more.

Anyway, with that being said, if you AREN'T allergic to Neosporin, the product itself does the job and really does help reduce scarring and prevent infection. I had to take lippies off because of how bad it is that such a generally accepted as safe product can bring out the worst skin irritation, especially from broken skin.

on 6/28/2007 1:45:00 PM

This is for the ointment AND the cream (I use both on occaisions). This has worked WONDERS for almost every single spot I have EVER GOTTEN on my face! This works for cystic acne (a few nights worth of applications and they've just dried up and fade away!), works for just regular pimples, works for pimples I've popped... just about everything! it's even cured up this midly "scaly" patch along my lower jawline that I suffered with for about a year. I have no idea where it came from and it's not quite acne, but not quite as simple as just "clogged pores." I use the cream during the day on existing pimples, but I find that the ointment with a small round band-aid over it works much better overnight. I had three pimples on one of my cheeks. They were hormonal and annoying. So I read some reviews online for Neosporin, and I had a [guy] friend tell me that they're really good at clearing up acne (well, it does kill bacteria, and that's all pimples really are) so I decided to try it. I didn't have any of the small band-aids, so I just stuck one huge strip of medical tape over my cheek and it covered all the pimples. Well, the next morning, the pimples were noticeably smaller. I bought the bandaids the next day and did this for about two more nights. Two mornings later, my skin was completely clear, smooth, with just the faintest red marks left on my skin. After another few days, the red marks faded completely, and my skin is nice and clear! Personally, I find that the ointment+bandaid work together the best, BUT the cream isn't as oily and is more suitable for "daytime" use... Neosporin is my PERFET spot treatment (because spot treatment is really all I need)!

on 6/9/2006 4:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is probably the best antibacterial cream out there, perfect for any kind of open wound... be it a large gash from a fall, or a zit that you couldn't help popping. It doesn't sting like the one my mom used to put on my wounds when I was a kid. I think it was called Terramycin, or something like that.

I wish the packaging would be a bit more simple and classy, since I like well-designed products. But since it IS medicine after all, I'm not really complaining too much. And its effectiveness more than makes up for whatever it lacks in aesthetics.

Note: Always get the Neosporin CREAM, not the clear ointment kind, because the cream stays put while the ointment gets all over the place, and is considerably more oily. continued >>

Popular Lotions / Creams