Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

Formule : Talc, Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium myristate, Zinc stearate, Isopropyl palmitate, Fragance (parfum), Benzyl alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Everinia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, Genariol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Imidazolidinylurea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).

This is a wonderful product that every woman should have on her boudoir. Caron powders have been around for years and have made countless women look and feel glamorous. With this in mind, I knew I had to try it. Fortunately enough, I live close to the Caron Boutique in NYC, and I was able to test all these beautiful powders for myself. It is truly a hidden gem, tucked neatly away in the Phyto Universe salon on Lexington Avenue.

The 'Classique' formula powders are geared towards those that are normal or combination/oily, while the 'Transparente' powders are geared towards those that are normal/dry. The Classique powders are matte, have more coverage and feel denser, while the Trasnsparente ones are lighter, fluffier, and have subtle microfine shimmer particles, not detectable on the face, but enough to give a glow. I was told that the correct way to apply the Classique powder was to press the powder onto the face with a puff, and then knock off the excess with a kabuki brush. By itself, the product will give light-medium coverage, similar to that of a mineral foundation. Since I have quite a bit of discoloration and like a completely flawless finish, I do prefer to dust this lightly on top of my MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation, and this combo is particularly exceptional at controlling oil on my combination/oily skin. This contains ingredients such as magnesium carbonate and kaolin for extra absorbency on oily skin. Since this product was created before the invention of silicones, it does not have any in its ingredients.

The color I own is in 'Madame', which is a fair beige pinky color, suitable for MAC NC/NW 15. It is also quite fragranced, with the scent of Bulgarian rose which I find very pleasant. All in all, I highly recommend this to anyone that loves to finish off her look with a matte, finely-milled loose powder to give a soft-focus look.

on 10/28/2007 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Wow! I purchased this powder in Madame based on raves from many ladies on the boards. I am so glad I did! I have very pale, very oily skin. This powder applies like a dream and keeps the oilies at bay for hours. I do have to blot once during the day, but that is an improvement over any other foundation I've tried. The texture, scent and packaging are so luxurious. The Classic powder makes my skin look flawless, which it is far from! The color Madame is a perfect match for me. I am a MAC NW10-15 and Bobbi Brown Porcelain.

Not only is the powder amazing, so is the customer service. Diane was such a great help with choosing the right shade. She included lots of samples with my order so I didn't have to open the full size to see if the color worked for me. they will do exchanges (not sure about returns) on unopened powders. She also included samples of the primer and 3 perfumes.

This stuff takes some effort to get your hands on, but is worth the work and the price. I can't wait to try Caron's other products.