OPI Dutch Tulips

OPI Dutch Tulips

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG red polish. Doesn't look too intense and is just gorgeous and bright against my skin. This is a pink/red color and looks fab on my toes

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is gorgeous. It's like a bright, red/blue color. Tone is cool and just when you think it's going to be a plain bright red, you see the undertones of pink color that mkes this really really stand out. Quality is great and I will be purchasing again.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2016 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mid-toned poppy red creme (in case tulip red is hard to visualize). Not too bright, not too dark. Cute, peppy, and quite flattering (not harsh or stark, on me anyway). In the bottle (especially at Ulta), you can see the pink undertone (my main reason for trying this red). On the nail, I don't see that pink, though. Maybe it's my warm skintone?

Formula is great. 2 coats, creamy, self leveling. I think it's chip resistant, too. Great classic OPI. Removal can leave just a touch of staining. Just a touch.

*** FYI... The worst staining red color I've used is Malaga Wine, even though it has a great formula and reputation. The color looked terrible on me, too. Drained all color from my skin.

I have always avoided overt, literal reds. This is my second time to wear it, and I think it's cuter than before. Looks great against a slight tan. Really pops, but is not "loud", if that makes sense. It's not obnoxious.

So, the pink in the bottle may not literally translate on the nail, but that may be what you want to get the "ideal red" color, however you define it. Either way, reds are a gamble sometimes. I like this one, and glad I tried it. If you're looking for a poppy red, this could be the one for you.

on 10/9/2015 10:22:00 PM

I love this color and the name Dutch Tulips. Its a nice red, not too red and not too pink, just perfect for nails or toes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have probably six or seven "classic" reds and this one is my absolute favorite for summer. Why for summer? Well, it's just a tad brighter, maybe a little pinker than any of the others. It is definitely blue-based, which works great for me (fair-medium, cool undertones). In the bottle it looks a lot like Essie's "She's Pampered," or Sally Hansen Salon "Right Said Red," but it's not exactly the same in real life. I don't know exactly why but it really is just a notch brighter.

Could you wear it in winter? Absolutely! It's gorgeous anytime, but I especially like it for summer, and am, in fact, wearing it right now. I've had this one for some time, but it shows no gloopiness at all.

I do love OPI polishes. Most of them are wonderful and with a coat of Seche Clear on the bottom and a top coat (I like Seche Vite except for the shrinkage, am using Out the Door today, and also like Poshe), I get an easy workweek out of a manicure. I work with my hands in a variety of creative endeavors, but also do dishes, housework, and all the other not-so-fun but necessary stuff, and it still hangs on. Sometimes, midway through the week, I'll pop on one more coat, just to forestall any chipping, and add an extra top coat, but I don't think you'd have to.

So, yeah, I love it.

on 2/2/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic, gorgeous blue-based red creme.
Bright and happy and can red pink-ish.

Easy to apply and wears like a dream. (And also in gel color.)

on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my new favorite red! I love OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock and could never find a replacement. I came across Dutch Tulips and now I'm in love. This is a beautiful classic red and looks good on all digits. Perfect for all holiday seasons and all year round. Love this red.

on 5/4/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Cutest color for a pedicure if you have fair, pinkish skin. I found the wear to be typical overall of OPI polishes. It's a pretty bright, intense color, so I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a manicure, but I could see myself wearing it as a pedi all summer. Could be paired with pink as well as red fingernails, although it's more of a red than a pink itself. I've been wearing it with Illamasqua Fire Rose on my fingers, and it's looked really pretty.

on 1/30/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I'm really a total klutz in the application of polishing my nails..and my nails in general are brittle, I get my nails done (sorry--acrylic nail tips) at the nail place on a regular basis...and the one nail polish I ALWAYS go to is OPI's "Dutch Tulips". I like a classic red nail. There is something elegant, classic and chic about a red nail--but it needs to be the right shade of red. For my fair skin--any red with traces of orange just don't work with my skin tone. Dutch Tulips is a red that is blue based, but the color itself almost borders on the deepest pink or raspberry. It is a true red though. I can pick this color out in any row of the reds that the nail place I go to has on display. The color is truly beautiful. In addition, it is a very intense shade that really only needs one coat. Hopefully OPI will never discontinue this shade--it would be a shame if they did.
In fact, now I'm thinking-- I need to purchase a few bottles of this to bring when I get my nails done--Just in case!!

on 6/11/2013 2:13:00 PM

I love all OPI nail polishes. They are long wear and quick to apply. The price is a little on the high side but worth it! This shade is great!

Popular Polishes