76%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I find this incredibly overrated. It definitely causes shrinkage and dragging for me. Also a bottle seems to go goopy and thick before it's even half-empty, which is much quicker than I experience with other top coats. I won't even bother with this anymore. Sally Hansen Insta Dri is a hundred times better in every way.... price, performance, etc. I also consider Out The Door better but still not as good as Sally Hansen.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

6 months ago

A top coat is essential for me, and since I couldn't find my NYC one any longer, I thought I'd give it a try. So far I really like it. It applies smoothly and dries fast. I'm not sure if it really extends a manicure all that much, but so far I've only worn it for about five days, tops, before redoing my nails. It's working well so far, though. I mainly worry as the bottle gets emptier that the polish might get thicker, and I think other reviewers have brought that up. I may try adding agitator balls to see if that helps or just getting an extra bottle or two and using the spare to top off the others. One issue I have so far is that it does stink. It's nasty for a minute or so and then it vanishes, but it surprises me every time. Since it dries fast and gives my nails a good, tough top coat, however, I'll hold my nose and go along with it.

About reviewer (366 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

7 months ago

I've been using this for years. I alternate it with other top coats when I have time for them, but as a "fast dry", this is excellent. I don't have a problem with shrinkage (probably because I wear my nails so short). The only time this doesn't work, is if I want a matte finish. This is even faster than a LED dryer with gel polish, for me, and it can be reapplied to make polish last even longer. It's especially great on my toes, because I don't change the color on toes as often as on my fingernails. FYI - if you like 7 Free nail products, Pacifica has a Quick Dry top coat that works like Seche Vite, without the heaviness or extra glossiness!

About reviewer (825 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

8 months ago

I have some mixed feelings about Seche Vite. Currently I am on my second bottle but there are some things that really annoy me about this top coat. Yes it dries fast. Yes it's very glossy. Heck it can hide all kinds painting mistakes, touch ups and ridges. Does it make my manicure last longer? Not at all. As many reviewers have mentioned. It gets substantially thicker about halfway through the bottle. I have found that this exaggerates its ongoing issue with shrinkage. Generally I apply top while the color is still wet as recommended. After 24 hrs you can see at the edge of the nail a line where it pulls the color. (this is much less obvious with a fresh bottle) Now for some people I believe that this works well enough for them to look past these issues. But for people like me who have nails prone to peeling, this issue of shrinkage is can actually damage the nail bed. If your polish is well adhered with a good base coat the chips will happen anyway except it's a layer of the nail itself that chips off. I have decided that for the health of my nails I need a top coat that doesn't shrink even if that means it takes longer to dry.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

9 months ago

i dont love this but i also dont hate it. i bought this after being influenced by all the great reviews. i used both the base coat and top coat. and yes , while it dries quickly, it chipped the very next day, and it chips in whole pieces !i tried it twice with different nail polish and the same thing happened, my nail polish was flapping its wings like a bird out of the cage. the shine also seemed to dull down by day 2. and this has never happened to me with my other fast dry top coat from cutex, which is an amazing top coat that makes. my mani last for at a week. this makes me suspect that this works like UNT's peel off base coat. so i use this combo now for when i want to swatch nail polish or feel like changing my nail polish quickly without having to use acetone.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

Once again, I have no complaints about Seche. My nails look amazing eversince I started using Seche base coat and top coat. I no longer have to go to the nail salon to get my nails looking immaculate and super shiny. In the past I only used Revlon base coat and top coat and that was a pain in the butt... my nails took forever to dry, there was no shine, there was smudging, etc. I enjoy doing my own nails now. The top coat tends to thicken quickly, but nail polish thinner fixes it up.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

a year ago

I legit hated doing my own nails for literal years because of how it would ALWAYS smudge within the first hour of doing them. Or if somehow I managed to let them dry the top coat would look textured or not shiny like the salons. I did research and found THIS. It is amazing. I’m already planning to give it to friends who are into doing their own nails as a gift. This will make your polish dry within minutes. And while I am still careful to not bang them against things for the first hour, I don’t have to baby them the way I did before. I can lightly drag a finger across the top of my nail and it won’t smear or leave an imprint. They also look so shiny - like a gel manicure. I purchased the base coat and use that as my first step as well. If you’re going to do something might as well do it 100%, right?! Such a good investment when you think about how much money and time salons suck up from you! I even plan on bringing it to the salon as my top coat for pedicures. Recommend times ten!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

This helps dry a manicure in no time. I’ll gice it that. It’s affordable. Easy to apply. The problem I found is that using it caused my entire polished nail, to peel off in one piece! I’m probably doing something wrong as others love this stuff but I found it too damaging to my nail beds and it obviously didn’t add life to my manicures. I’ve been loving Sally’s or Revlon’s Gel top coat over any nail polishes (gel or not) as far as extending manicures and speeding up drying time. I Have the patience and skill of a five-year-old when it comes to doing my nails at this didn’t make the job easier for me.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

a year ago

This is the best top coat that I’ve used! I bought the mini version for $2.50 CAN at Sally’s. It dries SUPER quickly - a thick coat can dry within a couple of minutes. It makes my nails look so glossy, everyone thinks I’m wearing a gel polish but it’s just a regular polish with this top coat! I’ve worn this by itself in between manis to make my nails look shiny and plump. Best top coat ever, I have re-purchased and will again!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I've been using this for almost 10 years and I still have a love/hate relationship with it. It does dry super fast, and it's the best quick-dry topcoat I've ever used, all things considered. It's nice and glossy, gives my nails a smooth look, and it does keep my polish from chipping just a little longer than other topcoats I've tried. So, it's kind of my HG topcoat, because it's generally reliable, but things about it annoy me. It has the same issue a lot of other quick-dry topcoats have: it gets super thick and goopy pretty fast after you open a new bottle. I've had my current bottle since maybe spring of this year (so 6 months at most, probably more like 4), it's almost half empty, and it's almost completely unusable. They do make drops to thin it, but I've never found any (from the Seche brand or any other) anywhere near me, and I can never remember to order some. I'm also cheap, though, so I do the same thing I've done with thick polishes since middle school: I add a couple drops of pure acetone and shake it up.That's not the best idea, for a number of reasons, but it does work. Maybe this is just my issue, but I also find that cleaning up mistakes is so much harder when I use this topcoat. That really sucks because I don't have the steadiest hands, so I always end up with polish on my skin around my nails. (The other quick-dry topcoat I use when I can't find Seche Vite, also makes it slightly more difficult, but nowhere near as bad as Seche. Like, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being super easy and 10 being impossible, other topcoats are maybe a 4 and Seche is an 8.) Honestly, I like this best on my toes. My toenail polish always lasts waaaay longer than my fingernails anyway before it starts to chip, and this stuff can keep my polish locked on for a month without chips (as I found out last year when I had surgery and couldn't pain my toes for like 6 weeks haha.) I've also found my toenails look shinier longer than my fingernails. I just painted my fingernails less than 24 hours ago, and the shine is already significantly dulled (and I haven't really done much since painting them). It looks no different from any other topcoat. But for the first twelve to twenty-four hours after painting, this stuff is way shinier than other topcoats I've used. My toes, however, were still quite shiny last time I removed my polish, and it had been over a week since I painted them. Pros: -Not too expensive anymore (it's actually cheaper than Essie and OPI at my local Walmart) -Usually easy to find in stores -Dries super fast -Very shiny initially -Gives nails a smooth and even look -Helps prevent chipping for a couple of days (usually) Cons: -Goes thick pretty quickly -Loses shine after about 1-2 days -When it does go thick, it will most likely ruin your manicure -Makes cleaning up the edges much more difficult (maybe this is just me) -Doesn't really extend my manicure more than maybe a day longer than any other topcoat

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age25-29