4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

After like 15 years of doing my nails this is the only top coat I'll wear/buy. It's the best. Best value, best application, best lasting (in the bottle and on the nail)... Nothing even comes close.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

4 months ago

I love this stuff! I’m on my second bottle and will definitely continue to repurchase. I use this as my top coat when I first do my nails so they can dry fast. This dries to the touch quite quickly, I’d say in about five minutes, and it has a great shine to it (at least initially). I have not had shrinkage with this, so no issues there. A few cons to note: -give your color a minute to dry before using this, otherwise it will pull some of the color off. This is not an issue if you’re just doing all ten fingers since it will take you a minute to get through them all anyhow, but if you’re touching up one nail, don’t do color then top coat too quickly -the shine does not last more than a couple of days for me, so a day or two after I do my nails, I use a gel like top coat that does not cause shrinkage (even if it’s not a quick dry formula, it dries quicker since it’s only one coat of wet polish) -I get to the last 1/3 before it thickens up...I don’t have any polish or top coat that lasts longer than that

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 months ago

I've been using this on my toenails for about 6 or 7 years. It's slightly thick, but dries quickly and very glossy. It smooths any imperfections in the polish. I usually do two coats of it. The polish on my toes usually lasts at least a month. But, it very easily washes off my skin (I do a modified Brazilian-style polish application.) I'm impressed and would purchase again.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Curly, Fine

a year ago

I love this top coat! It definitely dries quickly, my nails are dry and hard within minutes - perfect if you are someone who paints their nails at night but wants to avoid getting sheet marks on the polish. I like the consistency, it is slightly on the thinner side, but is easy to manipulate and isn’t too runny. It dries to a shiny finish. I don’t have any issues with shrinkage using this top coat, my manicures always look in tip-top shape. This top coat is definitely chip resistant, I can usually get 5 days out of a mani when I use this, and I am someone who is quite hard on their hands. I also find that I don’t get tipwear when using this top coat. It is compatible with all of my nail polishes (mostly OPI and Essie with some SinfulColors and Essence). It is also reasonably priced too! I would 100% recommend this product to anyone who needs a quickly drying, long wearing top coat. I would definitely repurchase this for myself also. Love!

About reviewer (740 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

This is such a great product! A change in my finances forced me to reevaluate and switch to painting my own nails rather than get my beloved gel nails at the salon. :( It has been years since I've used regular nail polish on my hands, and it's easy to forget just how long it takes to get those puppies dry. So, I decided to seek out a quick dry top coat to speed up the process. I've been a long time fan of Sally Hansen, it's a great budget brand and nearly every product has delivered for me. This top coat is no exception. It really speeds up the drying time - but definitely not the "in seconds" that the website claims lol! It lasts a long time and is a great value. Every second or third day (if I'm good and remember) I'll apply an additional coat and my polish lasts very long without chipping. It really extends the wear and is not at all streaky. I know there's probably many other brands that boast similar claims, but I'll likely continue to keep purchasing this. Edit: Changing from 5 to a 4 - I've noticed it thickening up as many other reviewers have found. Fortunately, it's been when the bottle is more than halfway empty (about 1/3 or so remains) so it's not the end of the world but a pain nonetheless. I still find it a pretty decent product at a good price point.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

This is a very good fast drying top coat that adds a ton of shine to your manicure. However, it doesn't work magic in preventing chipping, I find that chip prone nail polish will still chip like mad even with this top coat on. It probably does extend the wear of your manicure, which is good enough for me, as I usually change my nail polish within a week anyway. I find it to be very similar, but better than the Seche Vite top coat, because unlike the Seche Vite, this one does not have the tendency to peel off. But as with any fast drying top coat, it will dry out faster than you can use it up. Once the consistency starts to thicken, it's very hard to work with.

About reviewer (146 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

a year ago

I like this one way better than Seche Vite. It doesn't shrink my nail polish at all! It also cures nail polish way faster than Seche Vite ever did. It doesn't prolong the life of my manicure (a base coat does) but it gives an incredible gel looking shine and levels out any application mistakes. It's the best top coat I've ever used. The first bottle lasted me for more than a year. Worth every penny!

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Love this! I am very impatient when it comes to doing my nails...ADHD...so I usually only do my toes b/c I can't still long enough to let my fingernails dry. Or, I keep checking to see if they're dry, & they're always still tacky & I just keep getting light fingerprints in them...adding more top coat....trying to redo them again & again - until I get so frustrated that I just take all the polish off & either go with clear or a clear glitter (NYC Long-Wearing Nail Enamel 101A White Lights Glitter). This top coat was introduced to me by one of my friends a while ago & it is a necessity if you're like me. Or if you just want your nails to dry really fast. It's awesome, it doesn't chip, you only need one coat & it seals the color in & makes it super shiny. I've been meaning to review this for a long time but I kept forgetting; luckily, I had to get more yesterday & it triggered my memory. Absolutely one of my favorite things & absolutely a necessity for me. Again, if you're like me & you're a fidgety person...or if you have to do your nails in a rush - get this immediately!!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

I got this for $7.99. the product does dry very quickly, however, in less than 12 hours my nail polish was chipped. After having a shower the polish on my toe nails were chipped. I did dishes and the nail polish came mostly off. Not worth the buy. I've had nail polish that lasted longer alone than this did.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

2 years ago

I have resigned myself to painting my nails every day as I have tried everything (orly bonder, seche vite, other top coats, wrapping the tips, wrapping the whole underside of the nail) and nothing will make my manicure stay chip free more than a day, particularly washing my hair and showering. So I just take off the chipped polish daily and finish my manicure with this top coat. I love it, it dries really fast. Not as fast as seche vite but almost, and it's cheaper. HG stuff here.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral