Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

I love this top coat! It definitely dries quickly, my nails are dry and hard within minutes - perfect if you are someone who paints their nails at night but wants to avoid getting sheet marks on the polish. I like the consistency, it is slightly on the thinner side, but is easy to manipulate and isn’t too runny. It dries to a shiny finish. I don’t have any issues with shrinkage using this top coat, my manicures always look in tip-top shape. This top coat is definitely chip resistant, I can usually get 5 days out of a mani when I use this, and I am someone who is quite hard on their hands. I also find that I don’t get tipwear when using this top coat. It is compatible with all of my nail polishes (mostly OPI and Essie with some SinfulColors and Essence). It is also reasonably priced too! I would 100% recommend this product to anyone who needs a quickly drying, long wearing top coat. I would definitely repurchase this for myself also. Love!

on 12/16/2018 9:29:00 PM

This is such a great product! A change in my finances forced me to reevaluate and switch to painting my own nails rather than get my beloved gel nails at the salon. :( It has been years since I've used regular nail polish on my hands, and it's easy to forget just how long it takes to get those puppies dry. So, I decided to seek out a quick dry top coat to speed up the process. I've been a long time fan of Sally Hansen, it's a great budget brand and nearly every product has delivered for me. This top coat is no exception. It really speeds up the drying time - but definitely not the "in seconds" that the website claims lol! It lasts a long time and is a great value. Every second or third day (if I'm good and remember) I'll apply an additional coat and my polish lasts very long without chipping. It really extends the wear and is not at all streaky. I know there's probably many other brands that boast similar claims, but I'll likely continue to keep purchasing this.

Edit: Changing from 5 to a 4 - I've noticed it thickening up as many other reviewers have found. Fortunately, it's been when the bottle is more than halfway empty (about 1/3 or so remains) so it's not the end of the world but a pain nonetheless. I still find it a pretty decent product at a good price point.

on 12/8/2018 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very good fast drying top coat that adds a ton of shine to your manicure. However, it doesn't work magic in preventing chipping, I find that chip prone nail polish will still chip like mad even with this top coat on. It probably does extend the wear of your manicure, which is good enough for me, as I usually change my nail polish within a week anyway. I find it to be very similar, but better than the Seche Vite top coat, because unlike the Seche Vite, this one does not have the tendency to peel off. But as with any fast drying top coat, it will dry out faster than you can use it up. Once the consistency starts to thicken, it's very hard to work with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this one way better than Seche Vite. It doesn't shrink my nail polish at all!
It also cures nail polish way faster than Seche Vite ever did. It doesn't prolong the life of my manicure but it gives an incredible gel looking shine.
I've tried to reapply it on the 5th day of my manicure to prevent starting tip wear. In 12 hours my nail polish came off in big chunks.
Doesn't work for layering, yet it's the best top coat I've used. Definitely repurchasing!

Love this! I am very impatient when it comes to doing my nails...ADHD...so I usually only do my toes b/c I can't still long enough to let my fingernails dry. Or, I keep checking to see if they're dry, & they're always still tacky & I just keep getting light fingerprints in them...adding more top coat....trying to redo them again & again - until I get so frustrated that I just take all the polish off & either go with clear or a clear glitter (NYC Long-Wearing Nail Enamel 101A White Lights Glitter).

This top coat was introduced to me by one of my friends a while ago & it is a necessity if you're like me. Or if you just want your nails to dry really fast. It's awesome, it doesn't chip, you only need one coat & it seals the color in & makes it super shiny. I've been meaning to review this for a long time but I kept forgetting; luckily, I had to get more yesterday & it triggered my memory.

Absolutely one of my favorite things & absolutely a necessity for me. Again, if you're like me & you're a fidgety person...or if you have to do your nails in a rush - get this immediately!!

I got this for $7.99. the product does dry very quickly, however, in less than 12 hours my nail polish was chipped. After having a shower the polish on my toe nails were chipped. I did dishes and the nail polish came mostly off. Not worth the buy. I've had nail polish that lasted longer alone than this did.

on 6/25/2018 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have resigned myself to painting my nails every day as I have tried everything (orly bonder, seche vite, other top coats, wrapping the tips, wrapping the whole underside of the nail) and nothing will make my manicure stay chip free more than a day, particularly washing my hair and showering. So I just take off the chipped polish daily and finish my manicure with this top coat. I love it, it dries really fast. Not as fast as seche vite but almost, and it's cheaper. HG stuff here.

Surprised this was so highly rated. I waited a minute after applying and lightly touched to see if it actually worked and it left my finger print embedded into the color. So it definitely was not an instant dry. Besides that my color chipped on several nails within a day : (

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Insta-Dri was one of my first quick-dry top coats back in the day, but I stopped using it several years ago because it lifted color (there's a reason it's in a red bottle), it often peeled and, as with all Sally Hansen top coats I have tried, it often caused noticeable shrinkage, and rarely made it to the halfway mark before the polish got so thick and goopy that it was unusable. I swore I'd never buy it again, but I received a bottle of this, along with two Sally Hansen polishes, from a secret pal at work recently, so I gave it another try.

I'm happy to report that my experience this time has been much better. I used it over a Sally Hansen polish, and my mani has lasted, with only minimal touchups, for five days and counting. Thankfully the peeling problem seems to have been corrected, because that hasn't happened yet. It still lifts color just a tad when it's applied, but nothing to write home about. Best of all, there seems to be no shrinkage at all. It's too soon to tell whether it will last more than halfway through the bottle, though, but I'll edit if that happens.

***Edit**"
Still gets gloopy halfway through the bottle, ugh.

on 2/2/2018 1:25:00 PM

This is HG & IMO BETTER than seche vite bc it causes NO shrinkage & is cheaper & does not get thick half way through the bottle. With either one of them, I use a top coat the day after mani for longevity. I also wear gloves to do dishes.