Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.3

on 9/9/2012 7:18:00 AM

Liked it at first, but I agree it smells like a home cleaner.

on 10/12/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely stinks. Smells like furniture polish. Gave me a headache.

on 6/5/2011 12:21:00 PM

Good lotion. Love the smell, but the smell doesn't last very long. Beautiful bottle though. I definitely plan on keeping the beautiful brown glass bottle once I run out. Probably wouldn't buy for myself, but I enjoyed receiving it as a gift.

on 1/8/2009 8:51:00 AM

I originally bought this in the hand soap, and have also tried the shower gel, lotion & hand cream. The lotion is light & silky and it absorbs well. It comes in a pretty amber colored pump glass bottle. This scent, orange ginger, reminds me a lot of Annick Goutal's Eau de Hadrien on my skin. It's a little too 'old' and musty for me, maybe it's my chemistry not mixing well with this. I can see how others are getting a furniture-polish scent from this. Sometimes I almost like it, but not quite. It's okay, though, and I like it better in the shower gel & hand soap since it's not as strong and doesn't linger as much.

I'm a little sensitive to actual perfumes, so I strictly buy only scented body washes, lotions and sprays like those at Bath and Body Works and similar stores.
I've found overall that layering a body wash followed by a body lotion often gives enough scent that lasts all day. (I work from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. and I find that these scents last long after I get home from work.) When I going out or I'm wearing a particularly light scent, I also add the body wash and sometimes even mix scents.
Now, for the Aromatherapy lotion. I purchased the body wash and lotion hoping it would help wake me up and energize me each morning, since I'm not exactly a morning person. It did the job and I love the scent, though, as other reviewers said, it is strongly citrus.
I seem to get more "aromatherapy" from applying the lotion than when using the body wash in the shower, though.
I also am very pleased with the packaging of the lotion, which comes in a glass bottle with a pump.
Though the prices are exactly the best at Bath and Body Works, you can get some pretty good deals when they have sales.
I just hope they don't eventually ditch this scent/line like they have so many other products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first purchase at this store - it was free with current GWP. Love the ginger smell with the orange. Ginger smells real and not fake. This is a light lotion that is not overly moisturising but looks great in glass bottle with pump. Need to get more!

on 1/25/2003 6:40:00 PM

This has a very nice, bright citrusy smell of fresh ripened oranges cut with ginger. The fragance is nice and fresh, however, the energizing body lotion (which I purchased) is not very moisturizing, but I love the brown apothecary-type of bottle and the pump that is on top - very handy! Will use more so in the spring/summertime in place of fragrance when my skin is not as dry.

Popular Lotions / Creams