Merle Norman Merle Norman Luxiva Flawless Effect Loose Powder

No Image

4.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would not recommend this at all. I bought it, and the price is great! However, throughout the day I noticed that my skin was burning really bad. I took it off and I was broke out in hives from the top of my forehead to my neck. I do not have sensitive skin, and nothing like this has ever happened. I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer. The coverage on it is not good, and it wears off within a few hours.

on 3/30/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been looking up and down for over a year for a decent price, sheer coverage, fine milled, natural with a soft light reflecting loose finishing powder. Believe me, it was hard work...as not many companies make loose finishing powder anymore, and never mind one which meets all my requirements.

I read up on MUA and locate this product. Amazingly there is a Merle Norman boutique near my office area so this was a bonus! I visited the store the next day and tried this powder on. The price is about CAD $28.00 for a tub (not too big but decent amount for many applications) and the shades they offer were great. After the caring service from the sales rep there, I tried on 3 shades which I can all wear - the Translucent, the Barely There & the Nearly Nude. They all give lovely results therefore just depends on if I need a light wash of colour or not. I ended up buying Translucent & Nearly Nude. I find that Barely There & Nearly Nude are almost very similar, again, it is just the level of sheerness I need.

The powder has fine texture & my face seems to glow after a light dusting. It holds my foundation well. At my age, the mild light reflecting property give a radiant look to my complexion.

A little goes a long way for each application so I can see my 2 tubs will last me a long time!

My HG. It is the best loose powder I have ever used! It smooths out my makeup and is never cakey or dry looking. My skin looks fresh and flawless. For the money, it will last over a year so I don't find it at all expensive. After trying other brands, I will never stray from this product and hope they never discontinue it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been having a hard time finding a good loose powder... most of the ones out have converted to mineral loose powder that looks horrible in photos.

I found this loose powder when my favorite laura mercier loose powder with color got discontinued. When shopping for a new loose powder I was able to find several translucent powders but had no luck finding a good loose powder with some color. I tried this on and it has been the best loose powder I have tried since laura mercier discontinued my favorite one. This is a good replacement. My new favorite loose powder with color.

on 5/15/2010 5:34:00 PM

I have used the translucent face powder for years to set my
makeup. My mother used Merle Norman cream foundation and powder every day from 1946 and her skin, neck and throat area were spotless creamy white her whole life. She had very few wrinkles and no age spots except one by her cheek in later years. She lived to 84. All while living in West Texas!

This powder is so wonderful if you're looking for an airbrushed finished. Works great alone or with foundation to smooth out imperfections. I have the compact and loose powder in Barely There and it is the perfect match for my skin, even with a little sun. Helps control my oily T-zone and lasts well. For those who have not tried MINUTE, please do! The Luxiva powder blush also is great!

I got this powder after I tried pressed version which I liked. Pressed compact doesn't last long, 2 months, hence expensive. I was running low and boom, loose is available on ebay, and the jar was shrink wrapped, sealed all around by the way, it had an original product inside. So I got it swiftly. It's huge and will last forever. BUT, not the same product despite the same name and almost identical ingredients, so interesting, completely different coverage. I have large pores, fine lines around my mouth and between brows, and pressed powder makes my skin almost flawless without any primers. Loose goes on powdery, slightly dusty looking, it's not doing great job at masking pores as pressed version, doesn't look even no matter how I apply and what I use, brush, sponge, puff etc, and I think it's a bit clogging while pressed version is not clogging at all. It's an OK powder if you don't have large pores, I will not repurchase, for me pressed one does the trick. If you don't like pressed powders try Sorme Mineral Secret loose powder instead of this one, it is much better quality.

on 4/24/2009 5:55:00 PM

Have just returned to this after trying other loose powders and powder foundations (BE, Elizabeth Arden, Clinique's blended face powder and Almost Powder makeup). This has now reached HG status and I will never stray again. I use this alone applying with the included soft powder puff and finishing with a powder brush. This does not make my very temperamental skin break out and the translucent shade is perfect for my difficult to match skin tone. Everything I try seems to turn orange or pink, but this has a slight pink tone that really looks healthy and glowing. This does not have bismuth, which I believe causes breakouts and irritation in some people, Clinique's loose powder has bismuth. Dimethicone, another breakout culprit, is low on the list of ingredients, Clinique's almost powder lists it as the second ingredient. For $23 you get a lot of product that easily lasts a year if not longer. Give MN a try, you won't be disappointed.

on 12/29/2008 3:10:00 PM

I use this as a finishing powder on top of the rest of my products. It gives my face a oommmph. Don't know how to explain, but it makes me look healthy.

on 3/5/2009 9:00:00 PM

I love it! It covers up so well, and makes my complexion look so smooth. I always get compliments. The more you buff, the better it looks. =)