Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.9

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/16/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my all time favourite cream/moisturizer. Words are not enough to describe how wonderful this is. I see instant results with this. It makes my skin so nice and plump, smooth, soft, evens out my skintone, hydrated, and provides anti-aging benefits. I am in love. This is on par with my L'Occitane Divine Cream which i love too and see the same results with that. I have already repurchased. A little goes a long way. in the summer time it is a tad bit heavy so i use it only at night and durnig the day i make do with just a serum or only sunscreen and tinted moisturizer/Future Skin foundation. When i don't use this even for a day or two, I can see the difference in my skin texture. Its literally 'food and vitamins' for my skin. My HG cream alongside L'Occitane Divine Cream.

For reference, I'm normal/combination skin.

on 4/4/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great night moisturiser for my dehydrated skin. I wake up to a nicely moisturised face without any oiliness. I use a toner & serum(s) prior and that makes it easier to smoothen it over the face.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Another great product for dry skin. I use this on top of my aesop oil at before bedtime, and it makes my skin hydrated enough to face the next day. It's thick, and the smell isn't great, but it works wonders!

Love:
-its very thick- which I love because acne treatments tend to dry me out
-feels so good when you put it on
-I love this stuff =D

Not So Much:
-its probably too thick for most people, especially in the summer. would not recommend to oily skin types

on 2/5/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dry skin. Accidentally let them talk me inot the 25SPF version which is not as moisterizing. Love the smell though some people seem to have problem with it. I have terrible eczema and allergies (I sneeze in the shower...) and have used this with great results. Not expensive as a little goes a long way. There is some stuff out there that is far mor expensive and not as good.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Incredible, silicone and shea butter rich balm that is incredible for dry skin. Smells fantastic and is true luxury for your skin.

on 10/9/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cream so much! I warm it between my fingers and pat it on. I am 45 and was told the other day I looked 35. That hasn't happened in a very long time for me! Lotsa moisture! As I said, make sure and warm it and pat it.

on 3/13/2010 11:35:00 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with the reviewers who found the texture odd/sticky, and it takes a bit of time/finesse to pat it in (as opposed to simply slapping on your typical cream or lotion moisturizer. And the price...geez...

But it works! I have dry skin, made even flakier by using Tazorac. This really does away with the flakes. I like to use it over a serum (currently Olay Regenerist, but I switch around), as it helps hold in more moisture.

Since you only need a little bit, the jar should last for a good while.

on 1/28/2010 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One word - WOW. I purchased this at a BB counter after switching to winter products for my dry, combo, flaky skin. To be honest if I had realised it costed 55 before it was through the till I would not have bought it but I'm so glad I did !!! From first application my skin loved it - my flakys were gone in the morning and my redness reduced. After a week I have found my bumps (from irritation not spots) have reduced significantly and I am very excited to see what my skin will look like with continued use. I have found I can only use this at night as it does make my make up slide but this is great as will mean the jar will last twice as long !!! I slather it on and wake up more beautiful than the day before ! What more could you ask !!

on 1/16/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Extra Moisturizing Balm (without SPF).
I wanted something without SPF chemicals, so gave this a try.
Excellent for dry and mature skin. The texture is extremely thick and
tacky and you just put a little bit on with a patting action. The mild
rosemary scent goes away quickly. Within a minute or so, cream
seems to spread out and soften on your skin. Makes a good eye
cream, night cream, by itself in daytime as a treatment on no-makeup
days, or for extra moisture under a daytime moisturizer.
I currently use Clinique's DDML moisturizer over it, and then BB's
Luminous Foundation (has no SPF) - impressive moist luminous
results! Pricey but worth it. 2 thumbs up.