COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! i have it in medium and its perfect match *nw 35*

Be careful, only apply a little bit or it look cakey!

on 4/1/2006 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I generally don't wear makeup, especially foundation and powders. I decided to try a very natural looking foundation to even my skin color and decided on this power to set it due to the reviews here. I am not disappointed! The Translucent Light is a perfect match with the CG clean foundation I chose, Creamy Natural. The powder sets the foundation well and makes my skin looks matte. I love the sheerness because it's very lightweight and it really feels and looks like it's my skin, only enhanced. Much, much better than the last powder I bought (from a professional who "color analyzed" me) which was grainy and made me look like I needed to be dusted. Lost one lippie to flimsy packaging, but that won't hold me back. I also didn't notice a smell. Assuming the "nonacnegenic" claim holds, I will definetely buy it again!
UPDATE: This started looking very dusty after a while, and you could see its flakes on my skin. I recently got Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder and it's SO much better! Much finer milled, feels light and breathable, and you can hardly feel it on. The CG kept falling on my clothes, and just did not look natural. Will NOT repurchase, I trashed what I had left.

on 10/13/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

OK. I love this stuff. I've actually had it sitting in my make up case for about 3 months unopened. I've been complaining about my cream stick foundation always rubbing off on everything and I hadn't found a good loose powder to set it. I opened this the other day and was pleasantly surprised.

This is wonderful to set your foundation and provide a nice finish. It's not heavy and it blended in beautifully - I use a powder brush for this.

For my dark skin tone, I use #125 and it didn't turn greyish looking or anything after a few hours. Highly recommend this to set your foundation.

Goes on too thick and cakey. If you tend to set foundation with powder, this is probably not for you. The brush is nice, but it tends to put too much powder on your face at one time. Terrible packaging. If you want enough powder to use, you have to shake it around and get it all over the place. Cover does not really seal either. Messy. Smells really weird and has a sparkle to it. Also, the fair shade turns orange on the skin. Once again... another CG product that does not match fair skin tones.

on 8/22/2008 5:54:00 PM

Overall this is a good product for its price. If you use a lot of loose powder to set your make up, this powder works great. However, it does not stop shine. I find I have to start blotting oil off my skin a couple hours after application. The powder itself is tinted but it goes translucent on skin. The smell is a little off putting but it does not linger on skin. The packaging has disaster potential. If too much product is sitting on top of the sifter when you open it, the powder spills out. The lid also just pulls off, it does not screw on. I find this powder works just as well as its higher priced counterparts.
Pros - very cheap, sets makeup nicely.
Cons - unpleasant smell, potentially messy container, doesn't stop shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this on and off for more than a decade. I used it in high school and college and rediscovered it about a year ago. It's the finest milled loose powder and I love the scent of Noxcema in it ( I know, weird). It's just always smelled and felt clean on my skin. Now I use it primarily to prevent shadow fall out under eyes and then I buff it into the skin under the eyes for a bright finish.

Works like a dream, it's an awesome product and I hope it doesn't get reformulated because it's such a classic.

The sifter jar is a bit annoying since it can get messy and it's not the best product for travel because it'll spill everywhere if you don't lay if flat.

Looks a little cakey over foundation, but looks very matte over moisturizer.. The bonus is that one containter can last a really long time!

on 10/16/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the better powders I've used. I use it with a powder brush and not the puff it came with. I'm very pale and the powder doesn't make my skin look dark or orange. I can see how the container can make a bit of a mess, but I haven't really had a problem with it. I just make sure there's not that much powder on top by always laying the container flat and lightly tapping it upside down once or twice. That way I get a small amount of powder instead of a huge pile of it.

I like that there is a lot of product for what is paid. It is pretty good, however I found that it wasn't as good as some of the other setting powders I have bought. It's good for if you don't want to use your expensive makeup. I love the smell though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only powder I can find that doesn't turn orange on me. I tossed the stupid pad thing that comes inside of it and apply it using a brush. I have dry skin and it doesn't highlight my dry areas. Not the best setting powder in the world, but has a good price and does an okay job.