Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35
Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

4.2

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sedum Purpureum (Orpine) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil Unsaponisables.

on 5/16/2010 4:16:00 AM

This is a good quality eye cream, which is great for sensitive skin like mine. I am allergic to loads of products and this did not irritate my eye area at all.
The size of the tube is the average size of eye creams, and it is CHEAP!
As many of the previous reviewers ponted out, it is difficult to get it sink in - if you use too much, it will just sit on your skin and flake off eventually. I apply it in two layers, tiny amounts at the time and pat the product in. I never had flakings this way.
I use this for the night as I find it too rich (under my makeup I use Mac's fast response eye cream which does an amazing job with the caffeine).
I consider this rather a treatment not an eye cream and I would not use it in the morning.
Will probably repurchase.

on 9/23/2009 8:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Soft and gentle cream, I won´t buy again because I use the normal face cream (the Iris or the Wildrose one) on my entire face and that include my eyes :)

on 1/11/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's an okay eye cream. Nothing special. There's nothing intensive about it. Smells nice and the texture is nice. No improvements seen after 2 tubes.

Update: I have been using this for the last 6 months about 3-4 times a week at night time. As I was surfing MU for eye treatments...I just realized I am wrinkles free around my eyes now and do not require anything new to be picked up. Hmmm...not sure if this is what got rid of my lines (and boy did I have many!!) but something is really working...it could be the jojoba oil I use to moisturize my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this well over a year ago (12/2007, reviewed 01/2008), and it was a disaster. Tried it again, and I've changed my mind hence updated review.

Nice gel/cream, quite intensive, you only need a dot. I think that's where I went wrong before, applying too much in a thicker layer (never sank in, was greasy, flaked off, nasty in eyes, too rich and heavy). Minimum of ingredients, including peach, sweet almond, jojoba, rosehip, and avocado oils (full list at end of review).

It does need a light hand - just dotted on, then patted in, and very little of it. And it doesn't sink right in. Eye creams containing mineral oil seem to be the best for that; shea butter ones if your skin can take them (can be too rich and lead to milia, but all depends on the quantity of shea butter - ex. Simple Kind to Eyes is fine on me).

The Weleda joins the ever-increasing ranks of eye creams containing rose hip/seed oil: Aubrey Organics, Dr. Hauschka, Trilogy, and the more expensive Darphin. And there is always the option of mixing in some straight-up rose hip oil with your regular eye cream, or applying it beforehand as a serum.

No miracle results to report, and I found - like with the Trilogy - initial results were good but it needed reapplication during the day. While the texture is lightweight, it's too rich to use in a thicker layer (will just sit there, then dry, then flake off). On the other hand, no irritation, so no disaster either. There are other "less green" eye creams I've preferred (still, by companies that don't test in animals, and use at least some plant ingredients). On the "green" front: Beauty Without Cruelty, Aubrey's Organics, Kiss My Face, Zia, and AnneMarie Borlind make the best light-but-moist eye creams I've tested so far - with results closest to the "less green" ones.

Cheap in Europe (GBP 9.00 / EUR 14.00), probably more in USD. Definitely the cheapest rosehip oil eye cream on the market here, though.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), peach (Prunus persica) oil, sweet almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, alcohol, jojoba (Buxus chinensis) seed oil, hydrolyzed beeswax, Rosa moschata seed oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) fruit oil unsaponifiables, glyceryl stearate SE, orpine (Sedum purpureum) extract, Euphrasia officinalis extract, xanthan gum, sodium beeswax, olive (Olea europaea) fruit oil unsaponifiables. continued >>

on 6/19/2007 3:24:00 AM

Good eyecream - leaves the skin smooth and refreshed (but still matte) overnight. Like the metal tube, although the 10ml is a bit small. Only problem I had with it is that it hated all my concealers (Prescriptives and Bourjois) and would react with them into little flakes. However, problem solved with CD Hydrating Concealer.

on 5/10/2007 5:32:00 AM

This was not moisturizing enough for me. The consistency was too thin. I would not purchase again.

I could not help but want to try this. As I have been searching for a good eyecream that is the right for me. I was hesitant to order from UK but all I have to say it was completely worth it! Its only been several days but I notice a difference it does help with those fine lines and just makes your eyes look refreshed and well..pretty!
Wonderful eye cream dont bother with anything else!
Oh yeah and great service from Baldwins UK super fast shipping!

on 12/17/2006 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW ! The besteye cream I have tried. It really improved my fine lines, as promised. WOW

I love this eye-cream!
It's very moisturising and light-weight and it helps to reduce puffiness especially when applied at night.
It's ok as a daytime cream, but when it's really cold outside I prefer Dr.Hauschka Eye Cream, which is actually an eye-wax.

on 1/23/2005 1:53:00 PM

I don't use eye creams much as I'm lazy and can't be bothered to apply yet another product to my skin, but when I am conscientious I use this. It is light textured, fragrance free and absobs perfectly. I keep my little tube (practical no finger dipping) in the fridge so that it is even more refreshing. This moisturises nicely without increasing milia ,can't say about anti-ageing as I've no lines (*fingers crossed*) as of yet.UPDATE I'm using Zia's Ultimate Eye Crean now, both are good, but I think I prefer the Zia as it absorbs faster.