LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb

LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Perfume, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Lemon (Citrus limonum), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5

on 4/16/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This warrants a huge 'meh' response for me.

Many 'Lushies' (I really dislike that term..), the usual suspects on the youtube scene and so on swear by this bath bomb so I had good expectations. Lush staff and literature often refer to the ocean when marketing this, which again, kind of sold me.

Why was I so underwhelmed? The scent, while not offensive, is not reminiscent of being by the sea.. more an odd citrus scent with a bit of lavender. Calming yes, but not something I'd associate with the ocean. I enjoyed the light blue colour of the bomb created but I was mildly irritated by the mass of seaweed floating around my bathtub. Again, I say "mildly irritated" because I was somewhat relaxed. It didn't stain my bathtub though which is always a plus.

I may repurchase this again, just to give it another go and see if I can fulfill my mermaid aesthetic dreams but again, I wasn't blown away by this bomb (pun intended, sorry not sorry).

If you are looking for alternatives, I would get Lush's Blue Skies and Fluffy Clouds bubble bar. It's easier to distribute into smaller pieces and it produces a deeper blue bath colour (minus the mildly irritating, drain clogging seaweed). Yeah ok, it's not a bath bomb but it produces bubbles. Bubbles!

I loved the scent of this bath bomb, it was one of my first. However, I was partly disappointed as I wasn't a big fan of the seaweed in the bath which stained my bath and was a struggle to clean out. But it was nice!

To Read all 148 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/21/2016 12:46:00 AM

This was my first bath bomb. I loved how pretty and blue it turned the water. I did feel really relaxed. There was a ton of seaweed in it though. For me it wasn't a huge problem cleaning it out but I could see how some might not like it. It's not a over the top amazing bomb that wows you. It's nice though after a long day for a bath to relax. My skin did feel very soft afterwards as well. Smell wise it didn't have a smell really. If it did it was very dull and I didn't smell it. Didn't stain my tub or anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my first bath bomb I ever tried by lush.
Pros:
-Can be split for multiple uses (considering how much bath bombs are, this is quite nice)
-Gentle, simple smell
-Didn't break me out
-Water turned super blue...looks like the ocean ! (I think that's cool anyway)

Cons:
-The seaweed (it got stuck in my drain and had to be tediously fished out)

Overall, I really enjoyed this. I think next time if I buy this, I'll wrap it in nylon or something to catch the seaweed but if you need a good bath bomb to try, go for this one !

on 7/15/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of my fave Lush bath bombs. The colour is beautiful, and it makes my skin feel amazing.
Only negative for this one is the seaweed- it's a pain once you've finished your bath and you have to get rid of the seaweed- it sticks in your drain so you kinda have to scrape it out which isn't fun! For such a pretty bomb I think it's worth it though. Will repurchase :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This bath bomb was very 'meh' for me, its a nice fresh scent and turns your tub into a pretty blue color, but I think it gave me cysts on my back (gross I know, sorry!).
It's not bad, but for me it wasn't my favorite bath bomb I've tried. And I think the seaweed could potentially clog your pipes a bit.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I definetely loved the scent of this bath bomb! I also loved the colour of the bathbomb when I popped it in the bath! However I wasn't a big fan of the seaweed, because when I jumped out of the bath and emptied the bath there was seaweed everywhere... And I found it quiet hard to get out. Besides that, I really enjoyed that bath bomb. Would I re-buy? No

on 4/8/2015 10:29:00 PM

I love this bath bomb, but the reason I only gave it three out of five is this- The seaweed (which i thought was a cute concept) clogged my drain!
Other than that big problem for me, the actual bath was great! I love this scent, and my skin was soft all day. I prefer this in a Luke warm bath, it is really good in the morning to wake you up for the day.

on 1/5/2015 2:18:00 AM

This is a cute bath bomb. It took herculean efforts to slice this into two pieces, since I didn't want to use the entire bath bomb. The overall effect is nice, it's calming, and the pieces of seaweed are a nice concept, however it was quite annoying to pick them out of the tub once I was finished with the bath. I gave it 3 lippies, because of the difficulty cutting it in half, the seaweed which was all over the bath, and finally, the scent is ok. I didn't smell any ocean aroma or anything. Overall it's a cute bomb, and I like how it didn't stain my tub.

I use a lot of bath bombs and this one made my skin itch until I showered it off. Extremely disappointing, would never use again.

Popular Bath Treatments