LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb

LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb
Big Blue Bath BombGross LUSH residueGross LUSH residue

3.9

Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Perfume, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Lemon (Citrus limonum), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5

I bought Big Blue as I was looking for a relaxing bath bomb with some citrus in it, and as Big Blue is scented with lavender and lemon oil, it fit the bill. The sales associate also advised that Big Blue was good for relieving muscle aches and tension. It is a large bath bomb so I cut it in half to get two baths out of it. It turns the water a bright shade of blue and is full of seaweed. It doesn’t stain the bath or clog the drain which is a bonus. I found the scent very relaxing and it did help relieve some tension. This bath bomb leaves the skin feeling quite moisturised and not at all dry. I really like this one and would definitely repurchase it. It is also one of Lush’s more inexpensive bath bombs which is great considering its size.

on 2/7/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked this bath bomb enough to buy it again, but not enough to make it my "go to" for bath bombs. I definitely liked the scent, but I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone. A little bit of lavender and other florals, citrus, and some earthy type scent as well. It didn't leave me smelling super strong, which I appreciated, but left a kind of film (?) or sticky feeling when I got out, and I ended up rinsing off after like I do with most baths. I assume that was because of the seaweed. My bath bomb had nowhere near as much seaweed as some people's pictures, so I let it drain out with the water and didn't have issues with it clogging the pipes.
It turned the bath tub deep blue green, but didn't stain me or the tub.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I like this bath bomb. It's really nice and moisturizing, leaves the bath water a nice bright blue shade. What I absolutely hate is my tub being full of seaweed and having to spend 15 minutes after my bath collecting all the seaweed as I do not want to risk clogging up my pipes and having to contact a plumber. Doesn't stain the tub.

on 4/16/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This warrants a huge 'meh' response for me.

Many 'Lushies' (I really dislike that term..), the usual suspects on the youtube scene and so on swear by this bath bomb so I had good expectations. Lush staff and literature often refer to the ocean when marketing this, which again, kind of sold me.

Why was I so underwhelmed? The scent, while not offensive, is not reminiscent of being by the sea.. more an odd citrus scent with a bit of lavender. Calming yes, but not something I'd associate with the ocean. I enjoyed the light blue colour of the bomb created but I was mildly irritated by the mass of seaweed floating around my bathtub. Again, I say "mildly irritated" because I was somewhat relaxed. It didn't stain my bathtub though which is always a plus.

I may repurchase this again, just to give it another go and see if I can fulfill my mermaid aesthetic dreams but again, I wasn't blown away by this bomb (pun intended, sorry not sorry).

If you are looking for alternatives, I would get Lush's Blue Skies and Fluffy Clouds bubble bar. It's easier to distribute into smaller pieces and it produces a deeper blue bath colour (minus the mildly irritating, drain clogging seaweed). Yeah ok, it's not a bath bomb but it produces bubbles. Bubbles!

I loved the scent of this bath bomb, it was one of my first. However, I was partly disappointed as I wasn't a big fan of the seaweed in the bath which stained my bath and was a struggle to clean out. But it was nice!

on 2/21/2016 12:46:00 AM

This was my first bath bomb. I loved how pretty and blue it turned the water. I did feel really relaxed. There was a ton of seaweed in it though. For me it wasn't a huge problem cleaning it out but I could see how some might not like it. It's not a over the top amazing bomb that wows you. It's nice though after a long day for a bath to relax. My skin did feel very soft afterwards as well. Smell wise it didn't have a smell really. If it did it was very dull and I didn't smell it. Didn't stain my tub or anything.

This was my first bath bomb I ever tried by lush.
Pros:
-Can be split for multiple uses (considering how much bath bombs are, this is quite nice)
-Gentle, simple smell
-Didn't break me out
-Water turned super blue...looks like the ocean ! (I think that's cool anyway)

Cons:
-The seaweed (it got stuck in my drain and had to be tediously fished out)

Overall, I really enjoyed this. I think next time if I buy this, I'll wrap it in nylon or something to catch the seaweed but if you need a good bath bomb to try, go for this one !

on 7/15/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of my fave Lush bath bombs. The colour is beautiful, and it makes my skin feel amazing.
Only negative for this one is the seaweed- it's a pain once you've finished your bath and you have to get rid of the seaweed- it sticks in your drain so you kinda have to scrape it out which isn't fun! For such a pretty bomb I think it's worth it though. Will repurchase :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This bath bomb was very 'meh' for me, its a nice fresh scent and turns your tub into a pretty blue color, but I think it gave me cysts on my back (gross I know, sorry!).
It's not bad, but for me it wasn't my favorite bath bomb I've tried. And I think the seaweed could potentially clog your pipes a bit.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I definetely loved the scent of this bath bomb! I also loved the colour of the bathbomb when I popped it in the bath! However I wasn't a big fan of the seaweed, because when I jumped out of the bath and emptied the bath there was seaweed everywhere... And I found it quiet hard to get out. Besides that, I really enjoyed that bath bomb. Would I re-buy? No

Popular Bath Treatments