Acqua di Parma Profumo

No Image

4.1

on 11/23/2010 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Spiced plum and soft leather, with almost resin-like woody notes. Very oriental, but heavy enough on the wood to keep it from being too much. Almost animalic notes in the dry down where the labdanum gets strong. Interesting, ornate and probably lyrical. A good story-telling scent for those who wish to have interest and depth in their perfume. It IS a heavy oriental, though, so be careful when you wear this one. Well blended, well executed, thumbs up.

on 10/4/2010 12:48:00 PM

This is a truly classical chypre. If you like Mitsouko and Jubilation 25 then you will most likely love Profumo . Though reformulated, it still stands as a excellent peachy ,woody ,clean chypre.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Definitely, not worth the price. I must have gone crazy when I bought this. It smelled good when I tried it at the store and the SA was excellent at selling it to me by telling me about how it has 300 different ingredients, blah blah. After wearing it a couple of times, I noticed how headache inducing it was and how much it smells like an old lady scent. The only positive is that my grandma loves it so its hers now. It smells much nicer on her than on me.

on 3/3/2007 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

300 ingredients? I can only smell one--oakmoss, like the drydown of Mitsouko, therefore great. No, make that two--oakmoss and frankincense, and therefore more like DSH Cathedral, still great. You can't have too much oakmoss. You really can't.

on 7/22/2006 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

First off I LOVE ADP packaging.

I was fortunate enough to get a decant of Profumo in a swap... so, as I often do - I painted about every 6" of my body with a new sampler.... pearl in one spot, amber in one, blanc still residing from this morning... and Profumo on onother wrist.

WOW! This is a powerhouse. It seems to be getting stronger as time passes... Began with a strong floral note - which wasn't so much to my liking - now, it is developing a spicy carnation note - but with a wonderful something sharp and almost irritating (this is a GOOD thing) coming up from behind.

I am a BIG fan of unique and unsettling scents and this will become a quick favorite. There are few florals that work for me - the TDC forals for example are exquisite... but I am LOVING this. VERY much FBW.

on 7/22/2006 3:39:00 AM

ok as you can understand by now i'm not a big fan of acqua di parma old products and profumo falls in that category.to me this smells dusty from start to drydown.ican hardly find a faded orange at the top and maybe an old dry rose after 30 min.the dry down gives away the chypre character with oak,mostly.this is an old and not very graceful lady perfume,not for me for sure.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

There must be something totaly wrong with me. I just don't get this Profumo at all. I don't understand the raves here. I've got my sample and sitting here completely frustraited. It smells OLD. Old lady, my grand-grand-grand mother, her house would smell like that. I give it 3 lippies only because I think, I do hope, it's just not for me. I agree with Colombina, it also reminds me of orthodox churches...I can't even imagine that this stuff would smell nice on someone. I'm sorry, I don't want to let anyone down, but this is not a parfume. I mean, not something a person could put on, actually wear. The only thing I can imagine is possible to do with Profumo - spraying it in a room while being in an especially spiritual mood. only then.

on 1/30/2006 1:04:00 AM

This is one I tested and drooled over but didn't purchase not realizing how hard it would be to find. I've kicked myself ever since and it's on my short list of perfumes I have to have. I didn't find it too citrusy either but here is the classification and description from acquadiparma.com:

The fragrance family is Chypre, with bergamot, orange and mandarin top notes. The middle notes are May rose absolute, jasmine absolute, Florence Iris, ylang-ylang and Grasse jasmine. Finally, the base notes are oak moss absolute, patchouli, gray amber, vetiver and vanilla.

on 8/21/2005 6:38:00 PM

Profumo is an absolutely stunning, very complex woodsy/incensey chypre to my nose. I confess I was surprised to find it to be such a masterpiece. The other fragrances I've tried from AdP and their Blu Med line are characterized by a lightness and, frequently, a linearity (not that that's bad - Arancia is one of my favorite oranges of all time, but it's a very straightforward, uncomplex orange). Profumo was created in the 1930s, however, and reflects that era. It's an exquisitely multifaceted scent with distinct floral notes in the opening along with incense, spice and light leather notes. As it dries down more of the woods and resins emerge. I agree with 3585t's review below in that I don't see this as a citrus scent at all. Any fan of incense or leather scents should certainly give this a try.

on 7/19/2005 11:26:00 PM

This is on my short A-list. It is beautiful from start to finish. There wasn't one wrong note in the entire formulation. One puzzler about Profumo is its classification as a Citrus on the only sites willing to classify it - where did that come from? It could be classified as a chypre, but a citrus?! They must have hit the wrong key under category. I consider this Acqua Di Parma's masterpiece, rather than their more illustrious EDC. It smells like smooth smokey/mossy Gardenia on my skin, sultry, classy, sensuous, dryish, somewhat rough. If you're a Chypre person, you owe yourself a sample of this. Profumo is really what perfumes are all about - why we buy them, why we love them.

Popular Fragrances