4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

This dryer is just okay. I appreciate that it's lightweight and I *like* the super long cord. The truth is that my (heavier) Conair ionic blow dryer left my hair smoother. Don't know that weight has much to do with anything - I guess I'm just a little disappointed.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

If my house caught on fire, I would run back in to get this hair dryer. I didn't think a dryer would make that much of a difference in the health, style and look of my hair. When I tearfully confessed that I was thinking of going to my natural hair color (gasp! no!), my hairdresser suggested I upgrade from my $15.00 travel sized dryer. What an amazing decision. I looked at $80.00 dryers, but there didn't seem to be much difference between a $20.00 dryer and an $80.00 dryer. Then I picked up this dryer, my new best friend, my secret weapon, my happy place... It cuts drying time. It makes your hair soft, smooth and silky. It sings you a song while you put on your makeup. Well, maybe not the last one. But, in all honesty, this is one of the best beauty purchases I've made. Ever.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I have naturally curly, fine, highlighted hair and I have a LOT of hair. I blow it out 2-3 times per week and I've been doing this for around 20 years so I've been through a lot of dryers. This one's pretty good but I won't repurchase because I prefer the T3. Pros: this dryer lasted longer than any other high-end dryer I've bought. Cons: expensive, heavy, LOUD, air blast is too strong for me and I think it makes my hair frizzy. I prefer a lot of heat and less air, so I've switched to the T3, which is hotter and quieter than the SuperSolano. Unfortunately, the T3 also costs a fortune and breaks after a year of my use (abuse?).

About reviewer (504 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2.0

9 years ago

One of the worst beauty purchases I have ever made. I bought the Supersolano dryer on the recommendation of a stylist, and spent around $100. She recommended this dryer because I use a diffuser. I have never disliked a blow dryer with such a passion. It weighed a ton, was so loud I actually dreaded using it, and the motor blew out in less than six months of 2-3 uses per week. I've had much better luck with Jilbere Paris dryers from Sally Beauty Supply. I've owned three Jilbere dryers. The first lasted about 5 years, which is a lifetime for me, and the second lasted about 3 years before I accidentally shortened its lifespan by getting the cord hung in a door (long story). I'm on the third one now. The best part? I've spent less on all three of these dryers combined than I did the Supersolano, and they are, to a machine, just as fast at drying my hair, lighter, and quieter.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

9 years ago

HG! Great hairdryer. I have thick, long hair, and this dries it FAST.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Just another fan--I have 2 and both had the filter pop/break off rather easily almost as soon as I bought them. Other than that I really love it. It dries and styles my fine (but a lot of it) long (mid-back) hair in 20 minutes.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

10 years ago

I bought this dryer after my hairdresser recommended it. It gets very hot and works well, but the motor broke within a year of owning it. It was a shame because if I spend that much money on a hair dryer, I feel it should last more than a year. Not happy.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

10 years ago

This is the Cadillac of all hair dryers. I love it so much, I purchased two. Yes, its expensive, but worth it.

About reviewer (217 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

I'm reviewing the Super Solano 1800 watt professional hair dryer. I'm a hairstylist, and my blowdryer gets tons of use each day. I've purchased 2 of these so far. I love the long cord, and the 3 heat, and 2 speed settings. The cool shot button works quickly, and the dryer comes with three nozzle attachments. I've had my coworkers tell me that this dryer is a bit on the heavy side, but I havent noticed. This isnt the quietest blow dryer, but it does work quickly and effectively. The first Supersolano that I used at work lasted for a year, but after dropping it a few too many times, the filter on the back broke. The motor still works fine, and I use it at home for my own personal use, but because it's missing that part, the moving parts of the dryer are exposed, and I wouldnt want to get any clients hair stuck!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Other

11 years ago

This hair dryer is really superb. I recently used my mother's hair dryer and I was so annoyed because it didn't have anywhere near the power behind it that the Solano has. I've had my Solano for about 4 years and never had any problems with it. I wouldn't recommend using it anywhere but the US because the high wattage could destroy the motor if used in another outlet (from another country). I destroyed my $200 flat iron that way, even with the converter. With the Solano hair dryer, it takes me 5 minutes to dry my medium length hair. And when I'm drying my medium-length hair 5lb yorkie/maltese mix, it takes me about 15 minutes. The stream of heat with this hair dryer is more directed and makes drying hair in sections a breeze.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29