REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Voluminizer

REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Voluminizer

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I can’t believe I never reviewed this! Got it a couple of months ago (used my 20% off at Ulta) and was fortunate enough to get one for half price at Ulta a couple of weeks later, around Black Friday (which I gave to my mom). This hair styling tool has literally changed my whole hair routine. I can have salon blown out hair any time I choose. Very little learning curve, too, since I watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials before using it. I recommend using it on damp, not soaking wet hair, and doing hair in sections to achieve maximum results. Worth every penny of the $60 price tag, but you can get 20% off at both Ulta and BB&B.

on 1/21/2019 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best hair product I have bought, EVER. It gives amazing results and makes my wavy frizzy hair look like it was blown out at the salon. It doesn’t take long either. I spray with Kenra blow dry spray or Paul Mitchell smoothing serum. I section my hair and blow dry from there. I use it when my hair is damp, not straight out of the shower. Highly recommend! I actually prefer the look of my hair after blow drying with this tool over my flat ironed hair since it’s much more voluminous.

on 1/21/2019 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have 2c/3a hair that is pretty fine and thin. In the winter, my hair is a stringy straggly mess and won't really curl well and has no body. Regular blow driers make my hair look like a poofy downy chick.

I got this thing over the weekend and thanks to a blizzard and near zero temps, I had the time to play with it.

This thing is the best thing to ever happen to me and my lack of blow out talent.

My hair is more smooth than it is with a regular blow dryer/round brush combo, but it's not flat either. It's got body and shine. I only added a blow dry heat protectant cream before I dried it. I like the curve it puts on the ends as well.

There's a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to get the roots dry, but once you've got that down, you're good to go.

Worth every penny. I love it!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This basically replaces a hair dryer for me. I have fine, straight hair and am looking to quickly and easily dry my hair. It takes a minute to get the hang of, but it is so much easier to use than a hair dryer and round brush.

on 1/12/2019 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I had one of these sooner in my life, it would have made me save so much money on flat irons and creams to make my hair straight and good looking.

It takes less time to do my hair (around 15 minutes), and it looks shiny, straight and voluminous afterwards. My hair looks less frizzy and with less flyaways - I don't need to apply extra products to solve these 2 problems. On second and third day hair, I can use this brush and my hair instantly looks so much better!

It's very intuitive to use. It looks heavy and bulky but the shape and size make it work so well, and it's easy to get used to... I will definitely be using my flat iron less and less. Plus, I can take it with me when travelling without having to worry if the hotel has hair dryers.

Having spent £450 on the truly ghastly Dyson Airwrap, I thought I would try this. One Word - FANTASTIC.
I have long, highlighted fine hair and lots of it and this left my hair sleek and volumised. Even my OH noticed. The design principle is minimal and it just...works. Unlike my usual rotating brush, this creates no static and so leaves hair in a really 'polished' look. It isn't overly heavy and I will definitely be packing this when I am travelling. I can totally understand why a previous reviewer has already bought a backup! I have been used to a rotating Babyliss for years now but - this leaves hair with a really authentic salon look and the price is astonishingly cheap. It's well-made too. I do not mind spending a lot on a good styling brush as I fell for the Dyson hype - This Revlon product is 100% awesome and worth every penny and a few more!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

OMG, definitely amazing. Revlon really outdid themselves with this brush hair dryer. I absolutely love it. For my thick, type 4 hair, this brush gets my hair straight in 15 minutes. Usually it takes 35 minutes to blow dry my hair out and another 30 minutes to flat iron. Now my hair is left so moisturized, frizz-free, smooth and soft that I can flat iron my hair in much larger sections in about 10 minutes. I only wish there was a medium heat setting. Thank you Revlon for such an amazing product. Get it you will not regret it.

on 10/30/2018 2:56:00 PM

I have fine, collarbone-length wavy hair that goes flat if you just LOOK at it wrong. I did not have the dexterity to ever master the blow-dry/brush combination without getting a brush stuck. Ulta had a flash 50 percent off sale on this tool and I jumped on it. I'd buy it again for the full $60. It takes me 15 minutes to go from damp hair to sleek (but not flat) , styled dry hair. My coworker asked if I'd gotten a haircut. I LOVE it. The hype is real.

Everyone is right that the tool is very bulky and takes a minute to get used to. It's not overly heavy, but big enough I'd hesitate to travel with it.

on 5/28/2018 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was so sketpical even with all of the real-time youtube video tutorials and reviews, but this does dry your hair so much faster and easier than using a separate round brush. I love that it doesn't rotate on its own, so no fear about getting your hair stuck in it. My was done in no time flat and there was no comparison in how much better it looked than when I use a round brush on my own. Only complaint it is a bit heavy and not sure this is travel friendly.

on 5/21/2018 12:49:00 AM

The best hair tool I've ever purchased!

I'm extremely lazy when it comes to styling my hair, I just do not have the dexterity to use a round brush and a blow dryer, plus majority of my time goes into perfecting my brows. I love that I can dry and style my hair at the same time without using 2-3 different tools.

It seems large and bulky but it really isn't once you start using it. The noise is bearable, it is a blow dryer after all.

Popular Hair Styling Tools