4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

LOVE this. I have fine, wavy hair past my shoulders. I can straighten my hair with a regular dryer and brush, but my hair only would look sleek after drying & flatironing- bad for my hair and tedious. I got this when Amazon sent an extra to a friend- they told her to keep it so she gave it to me. Omg! My hair gets, dried, straightened, and looks shiny and sleek ... And it's so quick! It's a little heavy but it's very powerful so not a big deal. It took a couple of days to get used to using this v a dryer but now it's easy, with faster, better results.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 months ago

I found this dryer hard to use. It was heavy and awkward to use and my hair product built up quickly on it. I would not repurchase this item.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

After reading so many positive reviews, I was so excited to finally get one of these dryers. What a disappointment! My hair looked like straw afterwards, and any increase in volume was minimal. The only upside is that it did dry my hair somewhat faster than the brush and dryer method. I wish I hadn't recycled the box - I'd return this.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 months ago

I have very wavy, just past the shoulder hair. This device got it beautifully, perfectly sleek in less time than it usually takes a stylist to do it. I've only used it a couple of times but I love it! It is absolutely comparable to getting a blowout at the salon. I might come back and update once i know whether hair stays straight in humid weather. If you're still on the fence about it, i would say go for it and give it a try. You won't be disappointed. I got mine on sale from Walmart Canada for $42.99 so keep an eye out for deals.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 months ago

I have mid-back 2B/3A hair that is very frizzy and resistant to straightening. The Japanese relaxer ruined my hair; my curls laughed at the Brazilian straightener. I’ve never been able to straighten until now. This not only straightens every bit of my hair, but it only takes a few minutes longer than diffusing. Best $60 I have ever spent!!!!!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

6 months ago

I have been using this for several months now, and for me this item fits squarely in the "good buy" category. I have fine, straight, shoulder length hair and this gives me a finished look in about 5-8 minutes. I watched some YT videos before I got mine, and I noticed that most people clipped off sections and worked on small areas at a time. I am always running late so do not always do this and the results are ... not too bad, i.e., "good enough to leave now and make it to work on time." I have stuck with this styler because it saves me the steps of drying with a round brush and then using a curl brush to bend my ends under. It really has been a time saver and it mostly leaves a frizz-free finish (I do use a hair oil on damp hair and later a styling cream too). Some cons are that the handle is huge and it takes a while to get used to it (I nearly dropped it on my foot a few times at first) and it really doesn't "dry" hair well -- I have to get my hair to the "dry-damp" stage with my other hair dryer before switching to this one or it takes a lot longer to style my hair. I see myself replacing this one when it dies, which is high praise from me!

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

6 months ago

I love how this device grips my hair and I am so effortlessly able to smooth it through my hair. It holds my hair with the proper tension so i can easily wrap my hair around the bristles WITHOUT the hair snagging and ripping itself around the bristles. This is especially imp’t now that I am older and I have lost all my elasticity in my hair strands. This device will absolutely give you a nice, salon level blow out effortlessly, quickly (the wattage is sufficiently hot unlike some other hot air stylers whose hot air output and temperature is so anemic you’ll never get out of the house in time in the mornings). Give you nice lift at the roots. However there is a HUGE downside for ME which is why I will give away this hot air brush - I can not get even a lick of a curve or bend to my hair. I like just a little bit of a flip on the ends of my hair and it is simply impossible. I realized that the oval shape of the brush - as opposed to the traditional round shape - lends itself to straight ends. However if you have no interest in a little bit of curl to finish off your hair then this product will work out well. It’s hotter than almost any hot air brush (but still won’t damage your hair), has nice bristles that really grip your hair firmly but not too firmly, the barrel is plastic and not metal which I now realize is better (the. Metal will burn your hair right off), handle is thick but ergonomic and you will look like you had a nice, straight salon worthy blow out.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

9 months ago

I have fine, thick color-treated hair cut in a long shag resting below my shoulders. My primary goal is healthy hair but lots of VOLUME. I live in a 4 season climate that leans humid and warm. I'm just not impressed. This didn't dry my hair any faster than my dryer and it did not add volume. As a matter of fact I was left with hair that was mostly dry and still needed a lot of work to style. Oddly enough, my roots were the most difficult to get dry with the size and shape of this dryer. And drying roots is the key for me to achieve volume. This thing is big, bulky and very unattractive. Where would I even store this? I have a rack which houses my other hair tools when not in use. This dude will never fit. The $50 price point is too high for this thing - maybe $25? I was not impressed with the quality of this beast at the end of the day. Even the "cool" feature had heat? No bueno. One positive - I will say that it absolutely did not leave my hair frizzy which can happen with a conventional hair dryer. But this one saving grace does not mean this item is worth keeping. If frizz is your primary concern, maybe this is for you. I can see where I would have appreciated this item when I was 13 but not as adult. The other positive that came from this trial is that I appreciate my hair dryer and brush collection all the more.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

10 months ago

The best hairdryer!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry

HairOther

10 months ago

I don't understand why it gets such good reviews. It was the same as using a blowdryer and round brush. I saw no difference except the ends looked nicer. I would rather use a brush because this was bulky and not easy to use. Maybe it's because my hair is fine and this product would be better for thicker hair. Either way, I'm trying to now resell it, I see no value in it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium