The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree OilUsing The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil products

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 9/4/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smells terrible and does nothing for my pimples and it's not worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Usually when reviews go "do not buy this!!" I typically overlook them or find their experiences to be too exclusive to the writer's own skin type/routine. However I 100% recommend avoiding this product. The watering down of tea tree oil, the inclusion of potentially irritating ingredients which may damage your skin in the future (check the ingredients on cosDNA and you'll see what I mean) and the ridiculous price!! I've used this over the course of this year, when first properly getting into skincare to now and in general, most Body Shop skincare products are ridiculously overpriced and mis-sold. My skin is not terribly oily nor do I get too many blemishes but this really did nothing. I thought I got it wrong or maybe it did help the few times spots would go down, but I realize now that's due to other parts of my routine.
If this were cheap, I wouldn't be so annoyed but DON'T BUY THIS. Buy neat 100% tea tree oil and use it lightly. You will see results at 1/10th of the price. Such a waste of money and I'm actually so infuriated that Body Shop sells this as tea tree oil, then you check the ingredients and see that most of the other ingredients don't even serve to stabilise the product or preserve it and the majority of additional ingredients simply damage skin. For example, the inclusion of citral and limonene for perfume and the inclusion of alcohol - I know there is debate about how damaging alcohol can be in skincare, but for a company who care so much about their customers (supposedly), the variety of ingredients simply damage skin in the long run.
To add insult to injury, the packaging is pretty rubbish and makes it hard to control how much of the over-priced and watered-down product you can use. Do not buy this.

AMAZING! I use this on my nose and forehead where my main skin problems are and I started to see the difference it made to my skin. And I use this every other night with my cleanser. I usually just drop 2 drops on a cotton bud and dab it on my nose (whiteheads), forehead (whiteheads), and on my cystic acne (this isn't very often, just hormonal). The next morning I know my cystic acne is dryer and whiteheads on my nose and forehead are just not as rough as before.

on 5/15/2017 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i used this when i was 13 (when acne did a flashmob all over my face). i dont think it helped at all. probably because of my skin coz i used another cream called oxy 10 and although everyone said that cream clears everything up, i see no difference using it.

on 5/15/2017 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using tea tree oil for quite some time but found this product dried out my acne too much. It was often redder and peeling after, and made the healing time extended. I dissolute it like I had read but believe it's too strong for my skin at least. I like body shop but this product wasn't for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The package is quite inconvenient to get the product out. I sometimes has to tap really hard for it to come off, too much/ too little. The product feel lightweight on the skin but it is not so effective treating my acnes. OK quality though

on 12/20/2016 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this awkward cystic pimple in my nose that I couldn't get rid of :( so I put tea tree oil on it for like a week or so and it went away! Amazing. I usually don't like using tea tree oil because it's very drying but I put some on a cotton pad and put it on my acne prone spots on my face and then follow with moisturizer and it works very well. I do not dilute it.

Excellent product. It is 0.09% which it good. Just enough to be very effective to fight against inflammated pimples yet not to strong to make your skin peel. I would not recommend using it all over your face as sensitive areas might react to the product but applying the oil here and there is just what you need. Even after one application before bed time I can see a big difference in the morning. The inflammation is considerably reduced and the pimples are dried up a bit.
I apply the product on my back and chest whenever I get some pimples there.
The tube is simple and good. Since it is transparent it is easy to see how much is left, and the dripping top is doing a good job.

on 2/3/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using it for a moth, it really helps dealing with blemishes, reducing either the redness or size overnigth.
The only things I will say do not try to smelling the product, it's not that it was an awful smell or anything, but I have a lot of nose problems and when I sniff it it makes my nose burn a little on the Inside, but it probably won't happen unless you happen to have a bad nose like me.

on 3/25/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Do not buy!!!

Not only is this product super overpriced, but it is watered down and ineffective! You could buy a drug store bottle of tea tree oil, get more ml/$$, and get a higher concentration for the same price of this tiny bottle. I think body shop's version only has 15%.

Yes, stronger concentrations could damage skin but you could water it down yourself and you'd be getting even more product for your money.

This product doesn't work. But I don't have much other to say than that the company is seriously ripping you off. Don't buy it.