The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree OilUsing The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil products

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

AMAZING! I use this on my nose and forehead where my main skin problems are and I started to see the difference it made to my skin. And I use this every other night with my cleanser. I usually just drop 2 drops on a cotton bud and dab it on my nose (whiteheads), forehead (whiteheads), and on my cystic acne (this isn't very often, just hormonal). The next morning I know my cystic acne is dryer and whiteheads on my nose and forehead are just not as rough as before.

on 5/15/2017 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using tea tree oil for quite some time but found this product dried out my acne too much. It was often redder and peeling after, and made the healing time extended. I dissolute it like I had read but believe it's too strong for my skin at least. I like body shop but this product wasn't for me.

on 5/15/2017 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i used this when i was 13 (when acne did a flashmob all over my face). i dont think it helped at all. probably because of my skin coz i used another cream called oxy 10 and although everyone said that cream clears everything up, i see no difference using it.

Excellent product. It is 0.09% which it good. Just enough to be very effective to fight against inflammated pimples yet not to strong to make your skin peel. I would not recommend using it all over your face as sensitive areas might react to the product but applying the oil here and there is just what you need. Even after one application before bed time I can see a big difference in the morning. The inflammation is considerably reduced and the pimples are dried up a bit.
I apply the product on my back and chest whenever I get some pimples there.
The tube is simple and good. Since it is transparent it is easy to see how much is left, and the dripping top is doing a good job.

on 3/25/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Do not buy!!!

Not only is this product super overpriced, but it is watered down and ineffective! You could buy a drug store bottle of tea tree oil, get more ml/$$, and get a higher concentration for the same price of this tiny bottle. I think body shop's version only has 15%.

Yes, stronger concentrations could damage skin but you could water it down yourself and you'd be getting even more product for your money.

This product doesn't work. But I don't have much other to say than that the company is seriously ripping you off. Don't buy it.

on 2/3/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using it for a moth, it really helps dealing with blemishes, reducing either the redness or size overnigth.
The only things I will say do not try to smelling the product, it's not that it was an awful smell or anything, but I have a lot of nose problems and when I sniff it it makes my nose burn a little on the Inside, but it probably won't happen unless you happen to have a bad nose like me.

on 12/20/2016 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this awkward cystic pimple in my nose that I couldn't get rid of :( so I put tea tree oil on it for like a week or so and it went away! Amazing. I usually don't like using tea tree oil because it's very drying but I put some on a cotton pad and put it on my acne prone spots on my face and then follow with moisturizer and it works very well. I do not dilute it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for a week now and all I can say is that it works for me. I was expecting it to dry out my already dry skin even more, since alcohol is one of its main ingredients, but I made sure to use a moisturizer so I haven't experienced problems with dryness. It cleared up my acne in a couple of days and even made my pores less visible. I think it's quite expensive for the amount of product you get, though. I got this bottle from my boyfriend, but I'll have to continue using it and then decide if it is worth repurchasing.

on 9/6/2016 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't do anything. I put this tea tree oil on my acnes religiously for a couple weeks. Nothing happened. One day I met my son's pediatrist for a regular visit. She saw my acnes and referred me to try a local brand's topical treatment: Medi-Klin. It contained tretinoin and clyndamycin. It was waaaay much cheaper, worked like a miracle and made me happy. My acnes went away after 2 days and never came back. My face became acnee free.

FYI, my acnes were nodular ones, so maybe that's why it didn't work. It may be more suitable for teenagers with regular pimples. Besides, it's quite pricey. I can get pure tea tree oil for cheaper price from local herbal shop.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A decent tea tree oil for killing my small pimples but dosnt help much in cystic ones nor my acne marks after. In terms of price, its way too pricy. Cost €10 in finland for 10ml and it dosnt even contain 100% tea tree oil, only 15%. I've found 100% tea tree oil for much lower price online. Overall an average product with cruelty free option :)