The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree OilUsing The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil products

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Though the product is pricey and it's not a miracle product it does help in drying out the pimples faster.It reduces the inflammation and size of pimples and dries out some in just one application however for bigger ones it doesn't work that way and the fact that this product is natural makes it good.I have been using isotretinoin tubes on recommendation of dermatologist but it damaged the skin so this is a better but lesser effective alternative however if you have cystic acne this product probably won't work for you.

I bought this as a target product to my blemishes but it wasn't that helpful and I thought I had waisted a lot of money on a useless product. But then I had the idea to mix a few drops with my moisturizer and it worked incredibly! My blemishes disappear or at least they are very reduced in a few hours! I will totally purchase this product again!

on 1/9/2018 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Really helps to get rid of spots (upcoming or already there). I use this daily, putting a drop on a q-tip (the one con is it's hard to get product out- this is because they come in slow drops but you really don't need more than a drop) and dabbing it on any spots, bumpy textured skin and/or upcoming spots. Love this stuff, really works effectively. It's smells fresh and kinda minty + it's cruelty free

on 9/4/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smells terrible and does nothing for my pimples and it's not worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Usually when reviews go "do not buy this!!" I typically overlook them or find their experiences to be too exclusive to the writer's own skin type/routine. However I 100% recommend avoiding this product. The watering down of tea tree oil, the inclusion of potentially irritating ingredients which may damage your skin in the future (check the ingredients on cosDNA and you'll see what I mean) and the ridiculous price!! I've used this over the course of this year, when first properly getting into skincare to now and in general, most Body Shop skincare products are ridiculously overpriced and mis-sold. My skin is not terribly oily nor do I get too many blemishes but this really did nothing. I thought I got it wrong or maybe it did help the few times spots would go down, but I realize now that's due to other parts of my routine.
If this were cheap, I wouldn't be so annoyed but DON'T BUY THIS. Buy neat 100% tea tree oil and use it lightly. You will see results at 1/10th of the price. Such a waste of money and I'm actually so infuriated that Body Shop sells this as tea tree oil, then you check the ingredients and see that most of the other ingredients don't even serve to stabilise the product or preserve it and the majority of additional ingredients simply damage skin. For example, the inclusion of citral and limonene for perfume and the inclusion of alcohol - I know there is debate about how damaging alcohol can be in skincare, but for a company who care so much about their customers (supposedly), the variety of ingredients simply damage skin in the long run.
To add insult to injury, the packaging is pretty rubbish and makes it hard to control how much of the over-priced and watered-down product you can use. Do not buy this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The package is quite inconvenient to get the product out. I sometimes has to tap really hard for it to come off, too much/ too little. The product feel lightweight on the skin but it is not so effective treating my acnes. OK quality though

AMAZING! I use this on my nose and forehead where my main skin problems are and I started to see the difference it made to my skin. And I use this every other night with my cleanser. I usually just drop 2 drops on a cotton bud and dab it on my nose (whiteheads), forehead (whiteheads), and on my cystic acne (this isn't very often, just hormonal). The next morning I know my cystic acne is dryer and whiteheads on my nose and forehead are just not as rough as before.

on 5/15/2017 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using tea tree oil for quite some time but found this product dried out my acne too much. It was often redder and peeling after, and made the healing time extended. I dissolute it like I had read but believe it's too strong for my skin at least. I like body shop but this product wasn't for me.

on 5/15/2017 5:50:00 AM

i used this when i was 13 (when acne did a flashmob all over my face). i dont think it helped at all. probably because of my skin coz i used another cream called oxy 10 and although everyone said that cream clears everything up, i see no difference using it.

Excellent product. It is 0.09% which it good. Just enough to be very effective to fight against inflammated pimples yet not to strong to make your skin peel. I would not recommend using it all over your face as sensitive areas might react to the product but applying the oil here and there is just what you need. Even after one application before bed time I can see a big difference in the morning. The inflammation is considerably reduced and the pimples are dried up a bit.
I apply the product on my back and chest whenever I get some pimples there.
The tube is simple and good. Since it is transparent it is easy to see how much is left, and the dripping top is doing a good job.