The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree OilUsing The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil products

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for a week now and all I can say is that it works for me. I was expecting it to dry out my already dry skin even more, since alcohol is one of its main ingredients, but I made sure to use a moisturizer so I haven't experienced problems with dryness. It cleared up my acne in a couple of days and even made my pores less visible. I think it's quite expensive for the amount of product you get, though. I got this bottle from my boyfriend, but I'll have to continue using it and then decide if it is worth repurchasing.

on 9/6/2016 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't do anything. I put this tea tree oil on my acnes religiously for a couple weeks. Nothing happened. One day I met my son's pediatrist for a regular visit. She saw my acnes and referred me to try a local brand's topical treatment: Medi-Klin. It contained tretinoin and clyndamycin. It was waaaay much cheaper, worked like a miracle and made me happy. My acnes went away after 2 days and never came back. My face became acnee free.

FYI, my acnes were nodular ones, so maybe that's why it didn't work. It may be more suitable for teenagers with regular pimples. Besides, it's quite pricey. I can get pure tea tree oil for cheaper price from local herbal shop.

To Read all 320 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A decent tea tree oil for killing my small pimples but dosnt help much in cystic ones nor my acne marks after. In terms of price, its way too pricy. Cost €10 in finland for 10ml and it dosnt even contain 100% tea tree oil, only 15%. I've found 100% tea tree oil for much lower price online. Overall an average product with cruelty free option :)

on 8/18/2016 7:45:00 PM

Way too overpriced for both its quality and quantity. Did nothing to my acne but made it worse. SMELLS HORRIBLE. Won't recommend it to anyone.

on 6/28/2016 12:22:00 PM

Bought this the other day in expensive Japan, and I just have to say this:

+ Doesn't break me out
- Expensive here, won't buy again.
- Packaging is horrible.
- Looking at the fine print on the bottle, it says 0.9% tea tree oil. I have no idea where people get 15% from, other than the packaging/home page, but my bottle's "guide book" that you pull away from the label and can read on the back of it says 0.9%. I feel a bit tricked now as it said 15% everywhere else...
- ... And it might also be the reason why it didn't do anything to help me out with my breakouts other than not making them worse. Neither it it do anything to my hyperpigmentation or complexion in total.

All in all: will keep to my cheap salicylic acid for breakout prevention and healing, and then a cheap Vitamin C-serum to take away any possible hyperpigmentation.

on 4/7/2016 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have to say when it comes to acne spot treatments, you really have to find the one that works for you yourself. I have tried many spot treatment products and let me tell you when I say many I mean MANY. Just to name a few, I tried the Clean & Clear one with benzoyl peroxide, a few Neutrogena ones, Kiehl's blue herbal spot treatment, Kate Somerville EradiKate, Origins super spot remover, Murad acne spot treatment, Mario Badescu drying lotion, Bye bye blemish drying lotion...and the list goes on. A lot of these products many people swear by. Some of them helped a little bit and some of them didn't work at all. This tea tree oil is by far the best for me. After I ran out of my first bottle, I actually went and got a tea tree oil from another brand that was cheaper because I thought all tea tree oils would work the same and that one didn't work for me. Since then I realized it had to be the body shop one. Yes, it is pricer than many tea tree oils from other brands but it works. I put it on before bed and regular sized pimples will dry out in the morning. For those big and painful ones, it helps them to go away much faster. It is liquidy, surprisingly not oily consider it contains oil. I think I will keep repurchasing it and if they even discontinue this, I would cry for sure.

on 2/27/2016 4:53:00 PM

-This product worked for my pimples except for my acne scars. I would immediately dab a cotton bud and apply it on my pimple during the night. The pimple will lessen the appearance and vanish after 2 days.
-Too pricey for a small bottle.
-The scent is too strong (because duh it is from tea tree).
-(For sensitive skin alert: It contains alcohol).

on 2/14/2016 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This didn't help my acne at all.

on 2/11/2016 6:49:00 AM

Overall a YES but for my sister, maybe a no. It had apparently burned my sister's skin when she used it but it did not do so for me. It helps with my acne-prone skin although it does sting a little. My acne takes about a week or so to heal (depending on how severe it is) but with this oil it heals in about three to five days. But it is expensive and I accidently broke one bottle by knocking it off my shelf... but I will repurchase this. Afterall it is part of my everyday regime now! So I will recommend this product but be careful when using it. It may burn sensitive skins!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have an acne prone skin and this made my skin worse. I had few pimples on my chin so i bought it for a spot treatment and after a couple of days i noticed more pimples mostly with whiteheads growing all over my face. Im pretty sure after checking the ingredients that it's caused by alcohol which is a main ingredient in all their tea tree line