Palladio Beauty Herbal Lip Gloss- See Thru

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Not at all what I hoped. I hesitated when I purchased See Thru lip gloss by Palladio at Sally's Beauty, the color looked yucky in the clear tube. Since I have two other Palladio lip glosses and like them I decided what the heck!? The price was great - I got mine on sale for less than $3.50. Unfortunately that was about all that was great about it.

I didn't like the way it looked on my lips. Maybe my lips are too pigmented on their own to wear this color.

I gave a lippie for the scent, I love it. Also, another lippie for the dirt cheap price.

on 3/26/2008 10:25:00 AM

I wanted to take a moment to give props to this gloss.
Two different women whom I never meet, on separate occasions, stopped to ask me what I was wearing because they wanted it for themselves. Thats never happened with any other lippie
I picked this up at sally's when I was on a nude lippie kick which I'm not anymore. I don't wear it as much, but I still do once in a while.

Everyone below has described this color well. I would wear this over a lipstick, but it also held its own all by itself. There is somethign about the feel of this gloss that felt sexy as I wore it.
I posted a photo above, as you can see...It's plenty used and loved, there is a lot missing from the tube, but hopefully it gives you an idea of the color.

on 12/29/2007 11:13:00 PM

I'd wanted to try mac c-thru gloss forever but when I finally did, it was so sticky it barely spread & the color was not even cute..Not wat I imagined at all! But I like tho whole light pink/no lips look so i looked for a non sticky dupe. tried milani secret but the scent was nasty.. This See Thru has no scent thank god & isn't sticky. The biggest part, it has decent pigment & mutes my light red/pink lips to a pretty light pink but not an opaque milky mess. I don't need to use a mirror to put this on either which is a plus. I prefer a tube gloss to stick in my pocket but its ok. You can't beat the price tho.. I'd never pay $14 for a crap gloss, specially when I can get a better version of it for $3.

UPDATE: This stuff doesnts last long at all tho.. not sticky enough!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this! picked this up on a whim yesterday at sally's. just like mac's c-thru but more wearable, smoother, and a third of the price! u also get a lot more bang for your buck. oh and plus, it's vitamin enriched! what more could u ask for? def will be repurchasing when i run out =P

on 3/4/2006 7:53:00 PM

I don't like the vanilla-ish scent, so I won't repurchase (nor will I continue to wear). This product didn't add any color to my lips, but it does add shine.

This is a great finishing gloss for nude lips Jlo style. It's a pale milky peach with enough color to enhance nudes but not enough color to look chalky thick.
The shine is more than Revlon SL lipglosses, but less than Mac lipglasses, makes my lips look made up but not going-out shiny.
Overall, I've found Palladio glosses to be on the sheer side so they act as enhancers to add depth with whatever lip color you're wearing.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i agree with medeia13...i honestly thought this would be a beige-nude color but this looks clear on my super pigmented lips...i was hoping that this will look like mac cthru on me but i was wrong.....it smells kinda funny and the texture is not good as revlon SL but better than CG wetslicks...no rebuy for me!for reference,im C5/C40 *UPDATE* I HATE the doefoot wand so i buy those "tester" disposable brushes at sally beauty supply (from the Face Secret brand) and i prefer using it bcoz it picks up more product and delivers better coverage....now its more true to color and no fleshtone base is needed!

on 10/6/2004 9:32:00 PM

this gloss is AMAZING! i like sheer, natural lips, and this gloss is the best i've found.

i think clear gloss just isn't polished enough for work, but i love high-shine. since this gloss is a slightly milky-beige with micro-shimmer, it's perfect. the slight milkiness gives my lips a more finished look than plain clear, and the very slight shimmer catches the light.

this is basically a better-quality knock-off of MAC's C-Thru. i love Palladio glosses SO much more than MAC Lipglass... Palladio even smells virtually the same as MAC (light vanilla-ish scent)!

i keep a See Thru in my desk at work and one in my makeup box at home. i HIGHLY recommend this gloss, and all of Palladio's glosses (as well as several of their other products!).

on 9/19/2004 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was disappointed in this. I thought this would be a beige-nude color, but it's clear. It has no color whatsoever, so I'm going to use this on top of lipstick.

Popular Lip Glosses