4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I was using bumble & bumble dry spun finish for volume, but was sick of paying so much $$ for something I went through so quickly. In comes Kenra with this amazing volumizing hairspray. I use it daily to get more volume in my roots (I have very thin, fine hair) and it gives me tons of volume and hold without making my hair feel super stiff. It’s by no means like dry spun finish - this has more hold and is an actual hairspray but I find the results much longer lasting. I bought a travel size to take with me on trips that’s how much I love this.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 months ago

Hands down best hairspray ever and it smells great!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesHazel

1.0

2 years ago

I can't seem to make Volume Spray work for me. My hair feels very stiff and sticky after using it, yet is always a mess within a couple of hours. I got nice volume out of it, once, but those results weren't replicable. I have to say that it smells amazing, like the fresh orchid leis you get in Hawai'i. Perhaps there's some trick to using it, or it's just my hair being its usual slippery self, but it's back to Big Sexy Hair Spray & Stay for me!

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Tried this based on good reviews...but it is nowhere near as good as Elnett. Elnett is the gold standard hairspray in my opinion. Holds well and is easily buildable, but most importantly, gives a dry hold that never weighs my hair down or looks like helmet head, regardless of how I spray it on or how much I use. The Kenra also holds well, but is a heavier and wetter spray that weighs my hair down. My hair always looks separated, frozen, and kind of flat and grungy on the days I've used this. Expensive and overrated.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I saw this on Dominique Sachse's you tube tutorials on hair. She uses this, and I wanted volume and hold but the ability to comb it out. This does all that and more. I bought a travel size can of it, for 8$ Canadian at Chatters Beauty supply and salons which is a western Canadian chain and the full size is about 29$. I used up the travel size, and I am happy to say this stuff is worth it. I've been using Dove hairspray, and Elnett original and unscented. I've not been as happy till this. It adds a light bit of shine as well, and used as Dominique shows in light puffs while holding the hair the way you want, isn't going to be a helmet of stiff rigid hairdo from the past. I also picked up a tip Dominique showed where she sprays upward from below the hair you want to set into some volume. From above (yes I tried it out to compare and she is right) the hair will deflate and get a harder hold that won't move but looks stiff. So to get the most out of this, light single puffs from BELOW up INTO the hair as you push it into place. Now the scent. To me it's a pleasant floral in the tuberose/jasmine/orange blossom family and I quite like it. It blends nicely with the Chanel #5 that I like, ditto the Bulgari Pour Femme. But it may fight with light citrusy scents or sharp green perfumes where floral might clash a bit so be forewarned. Actually I really suggest buying this in the travel size to try it first. I ripped thru that can and was on a long trip so I had to fall back on Elnett which made me realize how much nicer the Kenra is, and oddly enough how much gentler on my hair which started to really dry out again with the Elnett.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

1.0

5 years ago

An expensive hair spray that did not work for me at all. Has a strong scent that I did not like. This hair spray is supposed to be super hold. My hair went completely flat in less than an hour. I have never had a hair spray do that before. I get better results from drugstore hair sprays such as Aqua Net maximum hold and Pantene Anti humidity hair spray. Effective higher end hair sprays such as Matrix Style Fixer and Matrix Biolage Freeze Fix work well also.

About reviewer (3096 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

5 years ago

I initially bought this in a travel size. The thing I liked about it most at that time is now what I like least--the smell. It is a VERY potent floral (orchids, maybe?) I also don't like the unnatural, frozen look it gives my hair. Forget brushing this out if you decide you don't like the way it looks, unless you don't mind losing some hair.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I prefer the Kenra Platinum 26 hairspray for strong hold & volume over the helmet head this 25 hairspray gives.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

It's the best hairspray I've used. It's not a freezing spray or something super light but for something in the middle of the road, this is it

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I'm definitely in the minority here. I initially liked this hairspray because of the hold it gave, nothing will move if you spray this baby on, even lightly. But I think that's the problem, it holds so well that your hair is frozen in place, and even if you try to brush it out, it gets stuck and tangles up with other hair. I hate to say Aquanet but if you want frozen stiff hair, by all means. I think it would be great for prom or an updo, but for regular hair, pass. I want a beautiful touchable hold, where I can pass my fingers through and not get stuck. Does that exist? Who knows, I've got my eye on the TIGI massive shine hairspray, hopefully that will do the trick.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

Age30-35