Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.8

.5% Salicylic Acid

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

NOTE TO COSTCO: I love this product and would like to buy these at a better price in bulk!
Ok, now that I got that out, I absolutely love these thick, vitamin filled pads. They beat any mu remover wipes out there by a landslide. I just picked these up on a whim, I was traveling and needed mu wipes. I saw these and immediately was like $9 is too much for wipes. Anyhoo, I picked up the huge round tub and I thought to myself (trying to justify the price) that I would throw my future mu wipes in here because they dry out and this huge tub bottle would prevent that from happening. When I got back to my room I took it out out and observed the thick round pad that was oozing wet. Within 30 seconds my mu was gone and my face was left wet with the formula they use in the pad. The pad was still wet, and I could have easily passed off the pad to "another face" (just saying!). I was amazed that ONE pad was able to take off everything!! Unlike any other makeup wipe I've ever used! While the packaging (and the brand) is what drew me to this product, there are so many pluses to them that the few extra bucks on these are more than justified compared to what is out there in the drugstores.

on 5/2/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

BEWARE! It's extremely rough. At first, when you use this it makes your skin nice and smooth but it's actually too harsh to use over time. I used about three tubs of this stuff before I my skin started reacting badly to it. I used it gently but I got red, extremely itchy, scaly, flaky, pus-like bumps all over my face. It was NOT acne. It was like patches. I think it started to wear away the natural protective barrier of my skin and exposed the underlayer. I got terrible facial scars from it. I would not recommend this to anyone! WAY TOO HARSH.

on 2/26/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Agree that the tub size is large and awkward, and the price point is a bit high for a drugstore brand. However, I had a terrible breakout out of nowhere last week, and I mean, ugly, bad splotchy acne that I haven't had in 20 years. WTH? I ran out to the store and bought these and some salicylic acid, and in a few days, I'm almost back to normal. These feel great on my skin, the scrubby side is nice but not too rough. It does make my face a little red afterwards, but I may be irritated by the salicylic acid product that I had bought to go with this. I like the convenience of having the cleanser and scrubby side together, and it would be convenient to take with you on travel. Overall, I give it 4 lippies for general cleaning goodness.

I decided to try this product on a whim - had been using Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating 2 in 1 Foaming Pads and liked them a lot. I thought I'd give these a try. I loved the way they foamed up and they took all my make-up off great. But within two days my skin flared up and I had 7 pimples to deal with!!!!!!!! I tried to keep using them to see if it was just an intial reaction but my face looks llke a war zone ( I usually have 1 pimple a month) so I'm back to Neutrogena.

on 2/27/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I don't use these everyday, because I'm afraid the exfoliating side will irritate my skin. I seem to have sensitive skin so I use them every other day in the morning. ( I use the cleansing bar in the evening because it's better at taking off makeup.)

I do agree with other reviewers that the pads are a bit large, and I feel as though I'm wasting product whenever I use it. It had never occurred to me to cut it in half...

Will do that from now on.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I liked this product. It left my skin clean and toned. I was able to make my jar last alot longer by reusing the pads more than once. I just could not use the pad once and toss it out. You only get 28 pads in the jar and because I wash my face twice a day one jar would only last 2 weeks!!

I would first squeeze out any extra liquid from the pad back into the jar before I used them in the morning. After I washed my face I would place the pad in clean soap dish to use later on that night. Depending on how dirty your face is you could use the pad up to 3 to 4 times. 4 times was my max (2days). If i needed any cleanser I would just add a tiny bit from the jar and some water. Right before you decide to toss the pads out they also make great quick little scrubbers to clean around the sink for makeup and toothpaste.

I am absolutely in love with these pads! Within 2 days of use I notice a huge difference in my skin.

on 5/29/2007 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I found these on sale so I decided to give 'em a try. With a coupon it came out to $3, but regularly I think they are about $7. Anyhow, these are large round pads that have a scrubby side and a smooth side, and they are saturated with a gentle anti-acne cleanser. They are too wet, but that is better than too dry. When I'm too lazy to get up and wash my face, I use these and dry off with some Kleenex. I prefer these to my usual Noxema cloths because they seem to do a better job, but these work extremely well for me.

on 12/10/2006 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've never been a fan of SA cleansers they've never worked well for me in the past (usually too harsh) but I thought I'd give it a shot and so far this product has worked great for me. I love the dual texture and the fact that they are pre-moistened . It does a great job removing makeup and I noticed that I only had 1 or 2 stray blemishes when my period rolled around as opposed to the nasty monthly breakout I normally get to look forward to. I took off a lippie because the pads are WAY too big and hard to maneuver around the eye area. Thanks to the previous poster that suggested cutting them in half. Does a great job controlling the oil and evening out my skin tone without over drying like most SA products do to me. I'm considering trying the moisturizer in this line as well but usually I follow up with Biore's shine control moisturizer and love the results. My only gripe, aside from the pad size, is that they don't sell refills in the zip lock baggies like you can get in other cleansing pads.

on 8/27/2006 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my mom actually bought this product, thinking it was makeup remover pads for some reason... she offered them up to me to try upon realizing they were for cleansing and exfoliating. first, a bit of history on my face- my super oily, acne prone skin started to break out quite a bit more than normal starting about 6 months ago, to the point where i went from getting maybe one slightly cystic pimple on my chin once a month to having 4 or 5 full blown cysts at any point in time. since my skincare routine includes differin and duac, i wasn't sure what to do since i was already on prescription medication. after using this product for 2 months- once a day in the evening (1/2 pad) and keeping the rest of my skincare routine the same- i can say that it has drastically improved the clarity of my skin. i no longer get cysts at all and they have been replaced by 4 or 5 smallish pimples on my chin that come and go quickly. Bottom line- no, this product did not give me perfect skin, but my face looks and feels so much better than it did that i will continue to use it. Also, i love both the smooth and the scrubby sides of pads, the moderate foaming of the cleanser and even the scent...