Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.5

on 12/12/2016 3:39:00 AM

Expensive like other Chanel perfumes but truly worths it. My mom and I adore it and always carry it in our bags. The aldehyde combination with civet musk gives it this uniqueness. I know there are lots of companies out there using these components but no one as far as I know could ever managed to make such an amazing scent as this perfume.

P.S: if you are not familiar with these components you will find it smelling soapy and this is due to the high concentration of aldehyde which makes perfumes smells sexy and alluring. So basically you will need to be patient to adjust with the scent and to be able to smell the deep and true heart of it.

Tips: and this goes for every perfume out there. You need to let the perfume cools down before smelling.

You have to sray it on your wrist or your arm and take a walk and smell it back again after half hour. If didn't faint away then the scent reacts with your skin which means this is the one to buy.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Meh. I hate to say that, but just meh. My husband likes this and he bought it for me so I wear it for him because I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I would not buy it for myself. To me it's very boring and one-dimensional. I smell "generic rose" and that's pretty much it. And it doesn't last long either, at least on me. Granted, I have the eau de toilette, but if I had a longer-lasting version I don't think I'd feel any better about it, because then I would just smell boring longer. Honestly I'm not really sure how it's going to be such a classic. Maybe because it's not offensive. Don't get me wrong: #5 doesn't smell bad; it just doesn't smell interesting to me, and I prefer more interesting perfumes. Especially for what it costs.

on 10/5/2016 4:52:00 PM

Love! This review is for the eau de toilette. The formula has changed and is easier to wear for me than in years past. I did appreciate the older formula, but found it too formal for most occasions. This is sparkling yet not loud.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The first time I smelled this I hated it. I thought it smelled like a port o potty. I retested this fragrance in Sephora, well actually I tried the Eau Premiere and I fell in love. I bought the no. 5 lotion and layered it with the no 5 eau premiere. eventually, I just HAD to get the original no 5 and I wear this every day. it is the best scent, it smells so clean and good and it smells even better layered with the lotion. i recommend trying this on yourself vs. just spraying it on a tester because it dries down different on everybody!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can I start by calling this BAE :) Such a good product and the fragrance is perfect for when it's time to go out at night. I LOVE this fragrance!

I clearly remember smelling this perfume when I was in my early 20s. Back then I thought, "what the heck is so great about it that makes it so pricey". I guess complex perfume is also an acquired taste.

There are different versions of the Chanel No.5 perfume, and this review is specifically about the classic EAU DE PARFUM version. I smelled all versions in the shop. Only this one captured me.

It's hard to put my hands on what exactly this perfume smells like. By that I mean, it hard for one to describe what are the ingredients inside this perfume. The whole smell forms one compound, which might have something to do with one of the main ingredients--aldehydes--being completely synthetic.

The smell to me is feminine, classic, elegant and clean at the same time. To some people, it might be too "old school" (Smell is a highly individualistic thing. It really depends on what you like.). The smell of this perfume reminds me of a lady, not just someone with a mild mannerism, but also someone with independent thoughts and have had adventurous endeavors in her life. (Think about Madame Coco Chanel duh.)

What I like about the smell the most is that it's not too sharp or overpowering. We've all encountered people who would walk into an elevator and by the time all people get out of the elevator, everyone takes away a bit of that person's perfume. To me, that is too intrusive. This perfume does not do that. It's tasteful and unobtrusive.

Regarding longevity, I've found that it stays longer on fabric than on my skin. So I always spray once or twice on my clothes every morning. By the end of the day, it will fade to something more subtle.

I bought the perfume in the travel-friendly packaging. It comes with a beautiful sleek bottle with a twist-up cap, which already houses 20ml of the product. The set also comes with another two 20ml refills. So in total you will get 60ml of the product and a bottle. I think I like this convenient and slightly modern packaging better than the classic glass bottle.

Sorry for writing a pretty disorganized review. I realized that a review of a perfume was never going to be as helpful as a review of a makeup product, because all I can do is throwing subjective descriptions of the smell...OK I just wanted to rave about this perfume I guess. If you are looking for something classic, lady-like and elegant, give this a sniff. You might be mesmerized like I was.

on 5/12/2016 11:31:00 AM

Purchased a 3.4 oz EDP for myself, as I turned 56 today - - splurge, yes, but best ever. It's a timeless classic with a fragrance that lingers all day. The dry down is phenomenol. I only sprayed on 2 different pulse points and wow, this bottle will last a long time! No wonder it's all Marilyn Monroe wore to bed!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this at first, now it's a bit too synthetic for my liking :( it's got a powdery smell that I got over pretty quickly

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just purchased the Chanel No.5 body oil and I am in loooove!! I'm sad that it's limited edition thou because I would love to be able to repurchase when I run out of this bottle. Here is my video that includes this lovely product:

on 2/7/2016 8:21:00 PM

Am I the only one who likes this after the re-formulation? I used to really dislike this, thought it smelled too heavy and old school in the tropical climate where I live in. Re-visited this recently when I was shopping for perfumes and I was blown over by it. I tried the EDP version and the smell lasted whole day. I love smelling like I just stepped out from a shower. It smells fresh and yet sensual. My husband love this as well.

For reference, I like perfumes such as Issey Miyake, Calvin Klein's Escape, Estee's Pleasures, Coco Mademoiselle, Penhaligon's Vara and Empress.

Popular Fragrances