Too Faced Lip Injection

Too Faced Lip Injection
Lip InjectionLip Injection

3.1

Mineral Oil, Polyisobutene, Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene/ Propylene/ Styrene Copolymer, (and) Butylene/ Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Benzyl Nicotinate, Capsicum Fruitescens Extract, Flavor. (+/-): Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) Net Weight: 4.5 g/ 0.16 Oz Country of Origin: USA Lip Injection Techno Ingredients: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene/ Propylene/ Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/ Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Mica, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Benzyl Nicotinate, Capsicum Frutescens Extract, Flavor( Aroma). (+/-): Red 6 lake (CI 15850:2), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I think this has cute packaging. It as a high end look and for everybody who knows me, I'm into the high end look since I pretty much have my beauty products out as a display in my bedroom. My room looks like Sephora's MAC section and I'm hardly kidding. Anyway, this product is terrible. It stings for absolutely no reason because after the stinging subsides, you're left with irritated lips that look no different than before you applied the product. Honestly, I think brown sugar, honey and a touch of nutmeg are the key to plump soft lips that last for hours. I consider this one a waste of hard earned cash.

This product hurt or at least staying the first time I put it on so I felt like it was working . It has never bothered me anytime cents .
I was unsure if my lips looked any plumper after first use . What I did notice is that if I didn't use it I feel like my lips looked smaller . Hence it must be doing something .
The only other lip plumper that I ever use was the Dior plumper that they still carry from a long ago . Actually initially tried that one but it didn't work at all this time around.
I saw a lot of reviews for life injection so I tried it and I'm sticking with it until I'm out . I will try a different brand next time .

on 1/29/2017 3:24:00 PM

I have this and I have the extreme version so I can tell that there is not much big of a difference between this 2. At first they gave me some plump but after use it everyday there was no more plump with none of them. But I will give the product 3 stars for really moisture my lips really good every time and for that I will still repurchase

on 1/10/2017 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fast way to waste $20 on something that does less than nothing. There is no lip product out there that will change the size of your lips except for injectables performed by a board-certified doctor. EVERYTHING you can buy in a store regardless of how much you spend will give you a sensation/appearance of ever-so-slightly fuller lips for no more than a matter of minutes b/c the only thing they can legally use are ingredients that irritate your lips, thus causing a very temporary flush. Often this is the result of cinnamon oil or something mimicking it, as was the case with DuWop's Lip Venom or Lipfreak's Buzzing collection, but in the case of Too Faced, the ingredient is a form of Niacin, a B-vitamin that causes skin flushing & the sensation of tingling/burning.

If you want test how Niacin's flushing works, pop some Niacin supplements and sit back. Scalp & facial tingling/flushing sets in first for most--and be advised this effect is often used to fool people into thinking it's stimulating hair growth, which it can't do in any way, shape or form. The flushing is such a well-known side effect of this water soluble vitamin (meaning your body can't store it), you'll see bottles marked "flush free" at the drugstore.

Too Faced would easily be slapped with FTC/FDA fines if we had any funding for cosmetic regulation, b/c there are more rip off's & outright dangerous ingredients in makeup/skincare than the average consumer thinks. On the opposite side you have groups like EWG who misinterpret medically-accepted research and label ingredients they don't like a carcinogen or "organ disruptor." (I don't trust EWG for health advice any more than I trust Breitbart for real news or PETA for no-kill animal shelters since they tout most ingredients as baby-killers. "All natural" is absolutely not always better: asbestos, talc, and arsenic are ALL completely natural, too.)

Use this product as an example of an absolutely useless way to blow $20 and fool's attempt at fuller lips, where the buyer must stay wise. Talk your friends out of buying it. If you like the sensation, Lipfreak's buzzing lip balm is $5 and you can use it at bedtime after cleaning your face to make your lips smoother the next day.

on 11/28/2016 4:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lip plumper gives an intense "heat" feeling (as opposed to a vibrating feeling or other types of sensations). It's slightly uncomfortable to me but nothing crazy to me.

You can check out my video but I don't think it makes your lips look 30% plumper as claimed. They might puff out a tiny bit, and maybe turn red around the edges but that's about it.

The gloss itself is a really pretty clear / hint of pink colour. It has a nice gloss and isn't too sticky or gross feeling. I like the gloss itself overall.

I will not be repurchasing this as I don't like this particular plumping sensation and the result was pretty underwhelming.

Over glorified lip gloss that burns your lips (though not as bad for me as for other reviewers). It does moisturize and have a nice scent.

on 9/30/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like to use this gloss as a lip prep as I apply my other makeup.
This clear, thick shiny lip gloss stung for 5-10 minutes when I used it for the first couple of times. But after more uses, it does not sting at all anymore.
i like doe-foot applicators for my lip prep products and this gloss feels nice and does seem to moisturize my lips. It looks nice enough to wear on its own or over/under other lip products.
I felt that my lips looked a little bit plumper on the days that this gloss stung, but now I dont really notice any plumping at all.
To me, its just a normal shiny lip gloss and I have tons of those.... so, nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I got this for my Ipsy and I don't know how to feel about it. I was super excited when I received it but when I tried it all that died down. I will try applying a color before the gloss but yesterday it just seemed like it just overlined my lips a little. And that "tingle" is not a tingle at all lol its more of a burning sensation and from 1-10 on pain level its about a 6. Its bearable but it does feel uncomfortable. I don't know if I would re-buy this though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Just like the other lip plumpers by Too Faced, this one instantly caused allergy for me. I don't have very sensitive skin, I never got such a fast irritation like the one I experienced with this product. As soon as I put it on the area around my lips got red. I wiped it off and it still stayed that way for couple hours. Couple years later I thought I would give it a go again, just to check if they changed the formula, nope, still the same allergic reaction.

Packaging and the font are really lovely though, kudos for that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got mine today from Ulta's 21 Days Of Beauty (today's specials are this gloss & a bunch of [online only] Cargo bronzers blahhh I got this today & I used my points to buy another!! That's how much I adore lip plumping glosses in general & $11 on sale it's like getting BOGOF!). I whipped this out in the car immediately after I bought it & applied it, I was SO THRILLED w the results after about 5 mins! I thought "ahh a pale pink l/g..." B4 I put it on but it made my lips the most amazing fresh to death color of red -no adding color necessary- & gave me a real trout pout! I ordered another tube just now online coz I don't think this is gonna last real long. The burn is addictive it's not painful u kno it's working & it goes away within 5-10 mins but the effects last a couple of hours w/o eating (but I'm always drinking a beverage & I smoke which didn't affect the l/g). Much better than MAC Plushglasses or Buxom! This gives me a perf Kim K look I can't wait to try this w MAC Velvet Teddy to get those Kylie J lips. I've applied it twice now w/o any other lip products & I love the natural flush. I'm a masochist I guess coz beauty =/ pain (no not really!) I just like MY BIG FULL PLUMP LIPS! It works! Worth ev $$$!