3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I grabbed this randomly when I found out I was pregnant.it definitly worked for me as I got no stretch marks...I put it on obsessively like 3 times a day so I went through many bottles of this..I made sure to put it on other areas besides my belly also so ladies if you get pregnant def apply it on all areas prone to stretch marks.the smell is not great but it's not too bad. Next time I get pregnant I plan on using a combination of this and bio oil!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

1.0

11 years ago

two kids and lots of stretch marks.. even after using it at 6 weeks for 1st pregnancy. second pregnancy i was lazy and used it only around 30weeks. Not even gonna bother if i get pregnant again. use less product.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

11 years ago

This is an amazing product for making your skin firmer and to diminish stretch marks. I started to use this two times a day, in the morning and before going to bed. I massaged it on the areas that I wanted to be firmer and where I saw a few stretch marks. After three weeks I could see my skin tighter and smoother, with less stretch marks. I thought it's a great result for a drugstore brand, and I cannot wait to buy this again. The only thing that bothered me a bit at the beginning was the smell. But the results are so wonderful that you can forget the smell.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

When I first learned that I was pregnant, I used this stuff on my belly EVERYDAY morning and at night, and got no stretch marks on my belly! I did get stretch marks in other areas that I didn't use it on....wished I would have now! I don't think this stuff would help if you already have stretch marks. You have to use is as soon as you find out your pregnant and keep at it everyday. I give this a 5 despite the smell because I am so thankful that I can still wear a bikini because of this stuff.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

12 years ago

The best!!! I began using this product two days after learning I was pregnant. Every single day until delivery and I have NO stretch marks. And I will tell you that stretch marks seem to run in my family. Although, the ones that have them did not use any type of cocoa butter while pregnant. My son is now 4 and I am desperately trying for another. Just in case, I have already bought my Palmers cocoa butter and it is ready and waiting!!! A fantastic product and HIGHLY recommended.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

12 years ago

I LOVE THIS LOTION!!! This is my 2nd pregnancy and I used this lotion when I was pregnant with my son AND got NO marks!! I didnt use it for the 1st 3 months and I got a few marks on my sides but as soon as i started using it no more new marks. I am 6 months preg w/ my 2nd baby and been using the lotion and have no marks!! :) It doesnt really take away the marks (nothing does) but it does prevent them 100%!!! so use it even day if your preg, losing/gaining weight or just prone to marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

12 years ago

I don't have much in the way of stretch marks. I bought a travel sized bottle of this because it was cheap and am using it just as a body lotion. It's okay but doesn't really seem to sink in well. It appears to sink in, but then when I have a bath or shower, the skin where I have applied it feels slippery and greasy. I find that Dove Intensive Firming Cream (see my review) actually does make a difference to the texture of the skin and sinks in easily. I will not repurchase this, instead I will stick to the Dove.

About reviewer (816 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

I have to give this product 5 lippies, even though it smells AWFUL, because it works! I am 5 months pregnant, and I have to say that this smell is even worse when you are constantly nauseated. However, I will definitely continue to use it no matter how sick it makes me! Oddly enough, the only stretch marks I have gotten so far were in the first couple months of the pregnancy. I was so bloated, and my normally taught skin apparently couldn't handle even that small of a stretch. I noticed them one day when they were still red and immediately began applying this stuff every hour (I was freaking out). For two days I constantly applied this stuff, making sure to rub and rub it in. By day three they were gone! There is absolutely NO trace of them left. I have continued to use this all over on a daily basis and have not gotten any more despite the fact that my skin has done a lot of stretching. There's much more to come, so I'll have to wait and see what happens but my fingers are crossed that this stuff will keep up the fantastic results! P.S. Just had to add one important point, this stuff will do NOTHING on old stretch marks, it only works on brand new ones.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

HairBlond

12 years ago

No, this doesn't smell great, but it doesn't make you stink. Why it doesn't have the normal cocoa butter smell, I dunno, that would make it better, but the smell isn't something that sticks around. I'm 6 months pregnant and have been using this everyday. No stretch marks yet . . . but I do have quite a bit of stretching ahead of me. I also tried the Tummy Butter which smelled nice and I also like it, but is a little greasier. *EDIT* - Had the baby, no stretch marks. I think it has more to do with keeping the skin hydrated but whatever - it worked.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

13 years ago

I bought the Stretch Mark Concentrated Cream (in the tube, not the pump bottle). I like the thicker texture because it forces me to take the time and massage it into the skin (and research shows that massage does more to prevent stretch marks than any lotion or cream alone can). I also like that it comes in a tube, which is easier for travel. I used this all throughout my first pregnancy, from the week I knew I was pregnant until after I fit into my old jeans again. My mother and sister both had a ton of stretch marks from pregnancy, though neither of my grandmothers have stretch marks from pregnancy (my mom calls hers "tire treads" because they go from her bikini line to about a hand's width above her navel) and none of them used any creams or lotions for stretch marks until after they appeared. So I was dilligent about applying this every day and twice a day in the third trimester. I did end up with a few, very small dot-like stretch marks low on the bikini line in the final weeks of pregnancy (my daughter was two full weeks early), but other than that I was thrilled with the results, seeing that genetics were against me. I am currently pregnant with my second child and have entered the third trimester, so I'm applying the cream twice a day, again. I'm already a little bigger than I was for my first baby, which is typical. So far, no new stretch marks, the ones from my first pregnancy have only re-stretched, but, from what I can see - and I can't see very much below my belly button - they have not gotten bigger. I actually have more stretch marks from puberty (on the sides of my hips) than from pregnancy. I wish I had known to use this cream when I was a growing teenager. I cannot really say how much of my success was due to the constant moisturization of the skin prior and after stretching, how much should be credited to the massage motion, or how much I may thank or blame genetics. I didn't expect miracles, but I am very pleased with how things have turned out so far. I am also glad that I do not have to shell out a ton of money for a rich cream. Still, I will not stop using this cream until after I fit back into my old clothes, and I will use this cream with any future pregnancies.

About reviewer (576 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool