Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.3

on 8/20/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought this since it was for oily skin. This gel caused my skin to feel tight and created extra lines on my face. My skin did not become dry but it wasn't moisturized since the product just kind of sat on my skin. It caused my skin to get extra oily as well. My skin is slightly oily on it's own, not a big deal, but this product made my skin look oily enough as if I'd been sweating all day. Stopped using this after a week and returned it. This made me sad because I like that it had a pump, was fragrance free and the price is a good deal for the large amount of product you get. Clinique needs to go back to the drawing board on this and the + lotion. Perhaps return to the original lotion recipe?

I don't get the whole Clinique 3 Step thing, it just doesn't work! I used all of the products (in 3, for oily skin) religiously for three years, only to find that I got better effects on my skin from products which cost half the price. I don't understand what is so dramatically different about this: It's a nice consistency, goes on well and does the job of moisturising without creating an oil slick on your face, but that's it really, nothing much different to any other brand. I think it's grossly over priced for what it is and the whole 3 Step System has taught me a valuable lesson in not believing the hype.

on 3/9/2013 4:23:00 PM

I am using this in the 3 step skin care line. This moisturizer is ok it is quite light but I have combo skin and am sure that in the summer this will be perfect. It leaves my skin super smooth and my MU looks much better smoother and seems to last longer.
Edit: will be returning this system because it is just not doing enough for my skin I can get the same results from drug store brands.

on 3/29/2012 4:16:00 AM

Since I have problem with acne around my T-zone areas, I am still looking for the right moisturizer plus the weather where I live in is humid and very hot. I find that this product absorb quickly and good for day use. So far my acne isn't bad as before and my skin is looking better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG moisturizer! I bought the smaller tube of this on a whim while waiting in line at Sephora. And, boy am I glad that I did! I have very oily/acne prone/sensitive skin, and most moisturizers (even those for oily skin) make my face feel greasy. This doesn't. It's a very lightweight gel that absorbs quickly, and makes my face feel soft & hydrated. It also doesn't aggravate my sensitive/acne prone skin. It is pricey...more than I'm use to spending for a moisturizer. But, a little bit a long way, so it will be a long time before run out. I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really hate this stuff. I'm typically more oily in the summer and bought this as a light daytime moisturizer. #1 it broke me out in tiny whiteheads after the first two days. I wasn't even using makeup at all, just a cleanser and this #2 even with an oily T-zone, it did nothing to hydrate my face. I was actually drier after about an hour of this sitting on my face than I was with nothing at all. #3 Expensive for what it is, If I'm going to pay good money for higher end moisturizers, Clinique is not the company I would go for. They may be good for younger women with smaller pocket books who want a non-drugstore option, but that's who they are marketed for. You can get a much better moisturizer in a drugstore. I hate to say it but Lubriderm is better than this stuff.

on 7/19/2010 5:24:00 PM

I like it! This is my new summer day moisturizer. It is very light and absorbs quickly. My skin feels moisturized, but not greasy. A lotion that does what it says it will do!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really like this moisterizer alot....I was using Estee Laude Daywear plus cream but it was a bit too heavy for my combo skin...this gel moisterizer has been great for keeping up with my dry patches and keeping my oily tzone from producing even more oils...it smells nice and it comes in a pump which is AWESOME so I use the same 3 pumps every time on my face/neck....

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Ladies, pls,pls,pls, before u purchase this read my review. This product is not just horrible its dangerous. I applied this 3 nights ago before bed and woke up in a nightmare. Eyes swollen almost shut, face so red it looked and felt like a chemical burn, and my clear face was broke out in a severe rash with hundreds and hundreds of small bumps. Went got steroids from derm, who told me he sees alot of this same reactions all from clinique products. Still 3 days later and redness is subsiding but rash is god aweful on my face. Tested on my wrist and got same reaction. I googled this and come to find out this is happening alot and there are many people who ate trying to file complaints with, fda, and bbb on this. Allergy tested my butt. Pls be careful and i hope if only one person finds this helpful they appreciate the potential nightmare they escaped. All i wanna do is save u all the horror im living.

on 11/21/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Summer moisturizer. Not quite enough in winter. Believe me, EVERYTHING breaks me out, and I keep trying other things and regretting it. I keep coming back....

Popular Moisturizers