Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

on 7/12/2018 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

There was not one thing I liked about this product. It smells awful, like plant roots steeped in alcohol. And it does contain alcohol! It also contains lanolin, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil and beeswax. What this combination makes for is one greasy blend that just sits on top of skin. I did not find this to be nourishing, hydrating or healing to my skin at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Initially used it as an occlusive over my moisturizer at night, but it became a bit too rich after a while. Instead I now use it as a hand moisturizer. The citrusy scent is definitely not for everyone. Wouldn't use it during the day sine it leaves behind a sheen that doesn't really go away.

on 5/23/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've heard so much about Skin Food and so when it was on sale at Choices, I had to try it.

Great for my hands! I wash my hands A LOT due to a very busy work environment, and from all the washing and hand sanitizing, my hands are really parched. I layer on Skin Food before bedtime, and my hands feel so much better in the morning, and actually, for a few days afterward too. This is more like a balm, not a cream. I LOVE THE SMELL, but I know it won't be for everyone. Someone commented that it smells like a gin and tonic; they're not wrong!

I think once you try this, you'll realize that most "moisturizers" are just liquified, scented wax, that don't really do much than temporarily coat your hands. I can honestly say that my hands feel much more comfortable with Skin Food.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this. It has a herbal citris smell and is rich. Good for hands and cuticles. I gave mine to a friend with painfully dry hands because she had to wash them a lot. She said it helped. You do not need much to coat your hands as it is quite thick and .....how would I say, a little oily. I mean oily in a good way. I also like the calendula cream for babies. It makes a nice under eye cream as it is gentle. Weleda is awsome.

on 5/8/2018 9:39:00 AM

I don't like the smell or the feel of the cream, but I use it occasionally on my elbows when the skin there get's super-dry. One application and problem solved! It's really strange, but the skin will feel so much better for several days - after one application.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is much different than most moisturizers I have used, but it is very nice. I like the herbal-citrus scent, and it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive skin. It has a somewhat waxy-creamy hybrid feel, but since I have quite dry facial skin I like that, since it seems to be helping the moisture to sink in. The packaging is simple and nice, and for the amount of product I use each time I know the tube will last for a while. When I put it on my face I only use about a pea-sized amount, or maybe a little more, and then rub it in. It does leave my face shiny for a while, but when I wake up in the morning my skin looks and feels plumper and smooth. I do have reactive skin, and so far I haven't noticed any adverse effects in about a month of use. I've also used it on my hands, and I think it would be nice for dry feet and elbows as well.

on 4/22/2018 8:15:00 PM

I am a nurse and I have to wash my hands or use hand sanitizers many, many times during a shift. From early fall well into spring, my hands are a mess with dry skin and peeling palms. I use a bunch of this on my hands before bed and it has really helped! It smells nice. It takes a while to sink in, and I wouldn't dream of using it on my face, but this is a great product.

on 4/18/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This wasn't for me. I have rosacea on my cheeks and I had heard some use this for Rosacea but it made my cheeks burn. I had to wash it off. However some probably did soak in and when I woke up the next day my skin somehow looked different and brighter. Even so I can not use this and risk making it worse.

on 4/5/2018 1:38:00 AM

Great multi-use product! A little goes a long way so it's great value for money. I usually use it on dry skin on my body but if my face is feeling dry I'll use it as a face moisturiser and it never makes me break up. Also nice, natural ingredients which is always great.

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin that just doesn't respond and burns with most moisturizers. My skin l-o-v-e-s this! It repairs my skin barrier like Avene Cicalfate but at a fraction of the price and without the mineral oil. I wish the smell weren't so strong but it does go away.