Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Had to think twice about whether I would buy again or not. This very oily and nourishin cream is highly natural, so always worth more for our skin than chemicals. But the oil sits on the surface of your skin. It also smells of the more citronella-end of the citrus scent. The texture is amazing, that’s for sure. For a hand cream it might be ok if 1, you have really dry hands but also 2, you’re prepared for a thick cream to not penetrate and dry. It really coats your skin which can be a good or bad thing. I put it on my lips if I don’t have lip balm, rub it into spots like fingers, elbows etc. I’d buy again but not to use as frequently as I thought I would.

on 10/27/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Great moisturizer. I use it on my feet and elbows. Works amazingly. Sometimes I use it on my hands. It's pretty thick and it takes some time for it to sink into the skin. Great for very dry skin.

on 10/24/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Somehow Weleda products and my skin are not a good match, the only products that my skin tolerates are the Almond products (for sensitive skin).
I bought the Skinfood for my dry hands, but my skin became very irritated and red from the cream. I had the same experience with the Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream.
Don't think that if you buy natural products that it is always fine, the alcohol, fragrances and essential oils can be very harmful for the skin.

My skin has been FREAKING OUT lately - crazy irritation, cystic acne, dryness, flaking, itching, blackheads, YOU NAME IT. I picked up a bigger tube of this at a local health food store because I had heard it works lovely as a night cream and oh my goodness, I woke up with less flaking, acne, and itching. After one night of use. I find the scent to be soothing - especially right before bedtime (it has a nice herbal/medicinal scent). It is very thick, so it's not suitable for daytime use, but I think I'm in love.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wish I had found this sooner. I get really dry skin on my hands every winter, but this winter turned my twenty-something hands into little old woman hands (no offense to any little old women here...I'm sure your hands are beautiful!). But seriously, even my mother made fun of how old my hands looked, that's how bad they were. I suspect I had some sort of eczema situation going on, because there was also a lot of peeling, cracking, and a bit of bleeding involved.

Things I tried: neutrogena norweigian formula, burt's bees almond & milk hand cream and their grapeseed hand cream (both of these were the *worst*), kiehl's hand salve, nivea creme, some eucerin lotion, palmer's cocoa butter, and straight up vaseline.

Skin food was the only thing that worked....I would say my hands look about 80% better than they did before. I know previous reviews said it was too greasy for daytime use, but if your hands are as dry as mine were, you will be fine using this throughout the day. It smells natural, herbal, and sort of medicinal, which I love. I'd say the texture is between a cream and an emollient. I picked up the 2.5 oz at Target for $12.00, which is an awesome price for how long one tube will last. I rate this a 4 instead of 5/5 because while my skin looked and felt better right away, my hands were dry again within an hour or two, which was frustrating. It took around two weeks of continual use to see any lasting improvement.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Really great moisturizer, work quickly. But the smell is not my favorite. If you have dry skin, I recommend it.

Love this so much. I use it as a night cream and its so nice - its just an all round really effective moisturiser. I like knowing it's a natural product, so I'm not loading my face with chemicals.

Compared to other moisturisers it's not too expensive (and best of all it's natural). Some people might not like how its extremely thick - but that doesn't bother me, I just try to use it sparingly. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 2/17/2017 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow...Seriously where to begin with this. I had heard about using Weleda'a Skin Food on the face for an intensive overnight cream and my combination skin has bas been dried out and gross this winter. I live in Canada and my skin normally leans more towards oily. I used this last night for the first time and was unsure (it's thick, you have to warm it up in your hands). I washed my face with Lush's Angels on Bare Skin, did a natural clay powder face mask that you mix with water, then toned my skin with pure rose water and lastly, I applied Skin Food as both face and undereye cream. It felt heavy-ish and my face wash really shiny, but I woke up this morning with healed skin that looks 100% better. My little spots have even healed up. If this products continues to do this every night I'll actually fall in love. It didn't break me out and I am prone to breakouts. I love this stuff, wish it were cheaper in Canada :( My local market has a natural health food store where the bigger tube is $23 + taxes, so around $30. Does anyone know where I could find this for like $10? 💚

on 10/26/2016 8:52:00 PM

This smells beautiful, I can't describe it very well but it's kind of orangey, clean but spicy. Quite edible, but not like food. Anyway. I love the texture, so thick, it reminds me of oil paint, and you can almost hear dry skin saying 'ahhhh' with relief when you apply it. Sadly it gives me milia if I use it on my face so I've donated it to a passing man, who swears by it. Well worth a try as a night cream for dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Weleda is one of those brands I innately trust, probably because it was around the house when I was a kid. I started out using this for dry hands, but at some point, I read an article about using Weleda on the face and I've been converted ever since.

This cream is thick and greasy. It sinks into skin very slowly, so it is not ideal for on-the-go or daytime use. Instead, I usually slather it on at night and go to sleep, and I'll wake up with gloriously moisturized, dewy, and plump-looking skin.

PROS
- I have SO MANY pros for this product, including that for some reason, it helped me grow out my sparse brows. I used to have really weak eyebrow growth but I started to sprout more hairs ever since I used this cream. Lo-and-behold, I have much fuller brows now and they're well conditioned.
- Aside from that, this is so moisturizing, soothing, and emollient to the point where it feels luxurious and pampering to use. In horrible Chicago winters, this keeps my skin from getting chapped
- It smells amazing.
- The price is amazing for for a face cream product.
- For me, the pansy or calendula or whatever minor ingredient actually helps heal acne and skin irritations.

CON
I can imagine two cons, but they don't necessarily apply to me.
1) This cream is very thick and not suited for daytime use. This is not a face cream you can just put on and leave the house with. It needs time to sink in, whether you are using it as a hand cream or as a face cream, so this wouldn't be very convenient as a daytime moisturizer.
2) Some people may experience skin sensitivity or acne from this product. It did not break me out, but that really is just me lucking out with the ingredients because many other things make my skin erupt like the ring of fire. I am not sensitive to natural lanolin or any of the other ingredients, but I do know other people who are extremely sensitive to lanolin. It all really depends on what your skin prefers.

In general, Weleda skinfood has replaced any night cream or nighttime moisturizer I might have splurged on, and it continues to keep me from ever considering spending a lot of money on more expensive skin care. This is honestly that one desert island product I would keep. I need this green tube like I need water. It definitely is suited for me. If it is suited for you, then you will love this product and your skin after using it.

FAVE USES
Nighttime face moisturizer, hair pomade, natural highlighter

As a face moisturizer: you really have to warm this up and work it in if you use this on your face. If you straight up apply this to your face and try to rub it in, it will tug on your skin and be difficult to work with. I like to put a generous dab on the back of my hand, and then warm a little bit at a time between my fingers until it is soft and workable before I press it onto my skin. When done, I look like a greaseball, but it soaks in while I sleep. I use this after all other face products and treatments like my toner and serum.

As a pomade: I break out from most hair pomade. However, this works wonderfully on my skin, and it's sticky enough to function as one. This is great to slick back a ponytail or bun. I'll just warm the *tiniest* bit between my hands and then smooth back stray hairs to give them a very natural hold.

As a highlighter: this gives a nice moisturized sheen when I want that glowy, dewy, no-makeup look. I like dabbing this on my cheekbones, on my cupid's bow, on the tip of my nose, and along my brow bone.

Popular Moisturizers