Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

on 1/5/2019 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Weleda Skin Food, but should say at the outset that it's not for everyone. Some background on my skin: now that I'm nearing 52, my skin is on the drier side in winter and I use RetinA every night. Skin Food gives me such a rich, deep moisturizing treatment, but it it may be on the oily side for some. There is a natural fragrance, but I like it. The price is fair because I've found that so little is needed for the face. It's a HG for me and I would really recommend it for women 40+.

on 1/3/2019 5:12:00 PM

Do not use this if you have acne prone/sensitive skin, it will break you out as it is way too rich and full of oils.

on 1/2/2019 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cream is a lifesaver for my dry and temperamental skin in the winter. The texture is a bit off putting at first (it is very thick and tacky), but it has a light and refreshing (not floral, thankfully) scent, and it does absorb into your skin as long as you warm it a bit/give it some time to really sink in. I like to let Skin Food have at least ten minutes or so before continuing with any additional products, although usually I slather it on before bed and just wait to make sure my pillowcase doesn't end up greasy.

In the winter my skin does go kind of nuts, it gets dry from the cold and the heating system in my apartment, and while my usual face cream: Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Cream does wonders, sometimes I need a little extra. When my cheeks or nose are particularly chapped, Skin Food really helps to soothe and repair my skin. I don't use this on my face daily by any means (maybe every other, at most), and usually only apply it to areas that need it. But about once a week I'll apply it all over for a deep hit of moisture, which has really helped.

I've never used it as a highlighter, although I do see how it could work as one. When I wear this during the day, you can see a shiny sheen even after it has absorbed, so I either ignore that (if I'm just running to the gym or the grocery store, I don't mind so much!) or dust a little powder on top. I know some people are hesitant to use it on their faces, and I'd suggest trying it in a small area before going crazy, but I've been fortunate and only had good reactions. I do also use it on my lips, elbows, hands (especially cuticles), feet, and knees as well as any rogue dry spots that pop up! So if you're not sure about its use on the face, I'd still recommend it for the body.

Pros: the metal tube is lovely and I really like it/haven't had any issues with the container, it is a rich and deeply moisturizing cream that just takes a little getting used to, a nice fresh scent, the best product I've found for coaxing some normality back into my skin (face and body) in the worst stretches of winter.

Cons: the tacky texture might be off putting, and it you needed to use this over extensive areas of the body (I once applied it all over my legs and it took a lot of product), I don't think it is quite worth the price for such a small tube. Not a product to apply at the last minute, as it takes some time to really absorb.

on 12/17/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was recommended this product to help with peeling and dryness from Tretinoin cream. It’s been a godsend! I now use it daily on my face/neck/lips/hands. It does have a spa-like fragrance but it’s pleasant and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin nor bother my chronic headaches. It absorbs into the skin quickly even though it’s a fairly thick product, leaving your skin soft and hydrated.

on 12/15/2018 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love how skin food is just that....it nourishes your skin softens the wrinkles and gives a subtle shimmer to my skin. The fragrance is herbal and subtle, as well. A little goes a long way. It's a great bargain for dry skin.

on 12/15/2018 11:58:00 AM

Lots of people wear this on their face. My only issue is that it has some ingredients in it that aren't good for your face. Those ingredients aren't bothering me yet, but I hope the day doesn't come when I react to them, because this is an everyday staple for me. I wear this morning and night. It is really thick but I rub it in about 10 minutes before I start my makeup routine. Watch the Lisa Eldrige video where she uses this on Kate Bosworth. That's exactly the way I use it. HG for me and I'm a skincare junkie.

on 12/15/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a tube at my local Whole Foods. Had to try it when I read that Rhianna is crazy about it. It lives up to the hype: non-irritating, deeply hydrating and soothing. I use it on my driest spots: feet, especially heels, shins, elbows, hands. I like to slather it on my feet before putting on thick cotton socks to make it penetrate faster. My only complaint is that it's a little pricey.

Honestly a holy grail for me. I even use it on my face during winter and combine with some rose hip oil. It’s a good dupe for La Met at a quarter of the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cream when my face feels parched and my hands get chapped and rough, particularly in the cold months when the heat is on and sucking every bit of moisture from the air. It is super rich and a little goes a long way, this is one product I always have to remember I need to start off with just a little bit as I can always apply more but probably won’t need to. And the smell is refreshing, each time a treat for the senses!
My favorite use is at bedtime after washing where I will partially rub in a generous amount between my hands to liquify it, smear what I can from my palms all over my face, and work the rest in to the parts of my hands that need it the most until it is all fully absorbed. I wake up with my skin feeling super soft and it gets rid of those pesky fine lines that show up when my skin is dehydrated. I have somewhat sensitive skin but never had any issues while using skin food on my face.
I find the metal tube to be a luxury in today’s world where plastic is over used and abused, but I don’t like how it’s easily dented while carrying it in my purse so I keep it in the box for as long as I can. I highly recommend taking some care and squeezing from the end every time because any attempts to manipulate the shape of the tube may make it crack and product will always ooze out the tiny hole and make a mess.
Oh, this is a definite repurchase, it has been for the last 10 years or more!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am using weleda since long time with the experience of using this product is too good.This product provides necessary moisturizing to my skin.
I will recommend to use this product if you want to know the latest updates about skin products check out my website
www.yaseenbeautyproducts.com