Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Weleda is one of those brands I innately trust, probably because it was around the house when I was a kid. I started out using this for dry hands, but at some point, I read an article about using Weleda on the face and I've been converted ever since.

This cream is thick and greasy. It sinks into skin very slowly, so it is not ideal for on-the-go or daytime use. Instead, I usually slather it on at night and go to sleep, and I'll wake up with gloriously moisturized, dewy, and plump-looking skin.

PROS
- I have SO MANY pros for this product, including that for some reason, it helped me grow out my sparse brows. I used to have really weak eyebrow growth but I started to sprout more hairs ever since I used this cream. Lo-and-behold, I have much fuller brows now and they're well conditioned.
- Aside from that, this is so moisturizing, soothing, and emollient to the point where it feels luxurious and pampering to use. In horrible Chicago winters, this keeps my skin from getting chapped
- It smells amazing.
- The price is amazing for for a face cream product.
- For me, the pansy or calendula or whatever minor ingredient actually helps heal acne and skin irritations.

CON
I can imagine two cons, but they don't necessarily apply to me.
1) This cream is very thick and not suited for daytime use. This is not a face cream you can just put on and leave the house with. It needs time to sink in, whether you are using it as a hand cream or as a face cream, so this wouldn't be very convenient as a daytime moisturizer.
2) Some people may experience skin sensitivity or acne from this product. It did not break me out, but that really is just me lucking out with the ingredients because many other things make my skin erupt like the ring of fire. I am not sensitive to natural lanolin or any of the other ingredients, but I do know other people who are extremely sensitive to lanolin. It all really depends on what your skin prefers.

In general, Weleda skinfood has replaced any night cream or nighttime moisturizer I might have splurged on, and it continues to keep me from ever considering spending a lot of money on more expensive skin care. This is honestly that one desert island product I would keep. I need this green tube like I need water. It definitely is suited for me. If it is suited for you, then you will love this product and your skin after using it.

FAVE USES
Nighttime face moisturizer, hair pomade, natural highlighter

As a face moisturizer: you really have to warm this up and work it in if you use this on your face. If you straight up apply this to your face and try to rub it in, it will tug on your skin and be difficult to work with. I like to put a generous dab on the back of my hand, and then warm a little bit at a time between my fingers until it is soft and workable before I press it onto my skin. When done, I look like a greaseball, but it soaks in while I sleep. I use this after all other face products and treatments like my toner and serum.

As a pomade: I break out from most hair pomade. However, this works wonderfully on my skin, and it's sticky enough to function as one. This is great to slick back a ponytail or bun. I'll just warm the *tiniest* bit between my hands and then smooth back stray hairs to give them a very natural hold.

As a highlighter: this gives a nice moisturized sheen when I want that glowy, dewy, no-makeup look. I like dabbing this on my cheekbones, on my cupid's bow, on the tip of my nose, and along my brow bone.

on 10/26/2016 8:52:00 PM

This smells beautiful, I can't describe it very well but it's kind of orangey, clean but spicy. Quite edible, but not like food. Anyway. I love the texture, so thick, it reminds me of oil paint, and you can almost hear dry skin saying 'ahhhh' with relief when you apply it. Sadly it gives me milia if I use it on my face so I've donated it to a passing man, who swears by it. Well worth a try as a night cream for dry skin.

To Read all 530 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/11/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

For this price point, I would prefer for it to have a pump, but the formula is so perfect that I don't mind. I use it for my face at night and wake up with a glow. It is thick, but doesn't break me out, and I suspect there is some healing properties to this formula. I've never tried a moisturizer with this consistency before so if you're looking for a natural moisturizer, I highly recommend this!

Consistency:
Formula is THICK but with a strange gel consistency. It doesn't leave you feeling oily or greasy exactly, more sticky than anything else. It almost feels like lip gloss for your body- and when the wind blows, things will stick onto it.

Areas:
I want to use this for my hands because does a great job moisturizing but it's just not practical, especially if I'm around doing chores.I tried putting it on my face once and I can never look back. especially when it gets colder and dryer, I can just coat my face with this in the evenings and wake up the next day ready to battle the elements.

I discovered weleda last year during exams season through its little sample packs that were included with finals, but really only started religiously using it during the end of the summer. I highly recommend- so far it's a great facial moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Fantastic! I use this as at night on my face a few nights per week. My skin leans dry and I don't break out (well anymore anyway).

It is thick and a bit greasy but you need to warm it up in your hands a bit before applying. I like the smell - it's kind of citrusy and earthy. Not bad. It really gives my skin excellent moisture and glow. Fine lines are plumped up. It's a bit heavy for everyday right now though. Winters in Chicago are pretty harsh so maybe I will use it more frequently in the upcoming months. But regardless I will buy again and again.

Oh it's great for hands, lips and heels as well.

on 7/28/2016 6:51:00 PM

Skin food really confuses me. I love it but not for the reason I think I am supposed too. Its supposed to be a really nourishing and moisturising cream but whenever I use this it makes my skin very dry. I have used this all over my face and it never breaks me out or clogs my pores but after a few days I look dry and flaky..however, I love it because it dries up pimples like nothing else. If I get a spot I apply this and within a day its dried out, after 2 days the scab (eurgh) comes off and the spot is gone. It also was an amazing treatment for mosquito bites...when I get bitten around my ankles they are really bad, huge, red, swollen, itchy...and last for weeks. I applied this and within 3 days they where flat, no longer red or itchy and dried out. So yes I highly recommend this but not for moisturising properties, more healing properties. I couldn't be without it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This cream is especially good for dry, sensitive skin on the face. I would not suggest for combination-oily or very oily skin as it is way too rich and greasy!
I found this works best warmed up between my fingertips and applied in a patting motion as the formula doesn't have much slip and 'massaging' it in like the instructions say only drags your skin around. This is a very thick cream so I find it much better applied at night as an overnight moisturiser as I wake up with glowing, supple skin. I have tried this in the morning using a pea-sized amount and tapping more on places that it needs and it does take a while to sink into the skin which is why it makes a good night cream.
The scent is a herbal-floral scent, it doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin nor does it dry it out.
Overall, I really do like this moisturiser, and it has many uses all over the body such as hands or feet. You literally only need a teeny amount so the tube will last me a long time as I don't use everyday as it is very thick so don't want to congest my skin.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really have nothing bad to say about this product. I have very sensitive and dry skin, and I have never broken out from this, nor is it greasy. I use it overnight as a moisturizer on my face and honestly my skin has benefitted from it. I can understand why people with oily or normal skin wouldn't be interested in putting it anywhere near their faces, but for us dry/sensitive kids I highly recommend. Waking up with a soft and moisturized face is the goal. And as a highlighter during the day, I also love it, works great as a natural looking little glow. Rough patches anywhere else no problem. 10/10. Yep from me.

on 3/18/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a staple for me...I use it for everything. I even use it on my face for night cream. It does not break me out and I am sensitive so that is good. But even if you are scared to use it on your face it is great for heels, elbows, cuticles...knees, etc. It has an herbal smell but it is not off putting just different. My husband always says "what smells so good?" when I put it on. It is a little more than I like to pay retail for (20) so I normally wait for a sale on Vitacost.com and get it for about 10-12 dollars. ❤️❤️

Ok are you ready for this? This stuff saved my face..I'm 31 & seriously my skin looks younger & more supple & firm & toned than at 25. I know this is a "hand cream" but after using retin-a I was desperate to find a moisturizer that actually MOISTURIZED! My poor skin was dry & looked awful & felt awful, my nose peeled most days from the retin-a...I was absolutely desperate for moisture, I tried using pure oils (jojoba, vitamin e, coconut, olive) but nothing was moisturizing enough & thank goodness I remembered my mom using this green skin "food" on her face years ago & there it was...my knight in shining armor. This stuff has changed my face! I've always had dry skin, dry & peeling even when I went through mid 20's awful acne & nothing I used was ever satisfactory, including $72 serums & $65 moisturizers! The only tip I've got is to clean your face well, let it DRY completely then with dry hands get a pea sized blob, rub it into your palms to thin & warm & pat onto face. TRUST ME...you'll see & fill the difference immediately. If your face or hands are wet it doesn't melt down, thin out...you'll see. Make sure you've dried your hands & face first.

I've got my skin food on Amazon auto ship every 2 months & am 150% satisfied vs other EXPENSIVE SEPHORA ALLURE MAGAZINE crap I've tried. I won't go a day without it. It's price is fantastic for the huge tube, also great brand Weleda so it's not full of harsh chemicals (hint hint...that's why it actually works).

It's great for your hands but a game changer for your face. Try it, give it a couple weeks at least, it's heavy & feels greasy at first but you'll never use another moisturizer once you've figured this one out & get that plump firm face back that all these chemical filled products has taken from you (us) me.

on 2/9/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well I bought this on a friend's recommendation, she loves it. I do like the packaging, and I think you get a lot of product, but it's the cream itself that I'm not a fan of. It is quite thick and heavy, but seems to have a powdery texture to it. After using it I feel like I've rubbed talc into my hands. I find it uncomfortable. I've tried to love it but it's not for me. I prefer my hand creams to have a little more moisture to them. I also don't particularly like the scent, I find it a bit much, like the consistency of the cream. Won't finish it and I've only used it a week!