Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would consider marrying it. Stole this from my mother when I had a reaction to a topical acne gel (acnatac) and it fixed the itchy, red and bumpy mess in a matter of days. It smells great and did not break me out (and I used it on the particular area where I usually get acne from pretty much just breathing). Feels so soothing too. Works great as a cuticle treatment, on elbows and well, anywhere dry.

on 9/20/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is beautiful. It has a herbaceous citrus scent. It is so moisturing. It is heavy but does sink in. It is fabulous under makeup - it makes your skin glow. I use it on my cuticles. It does not clog my acne prone skin. I bought it mainly as a way to dilute blush and foundation. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a dewy finish on their skin. The ingredients are wonderful.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It is so moisturizing. It smells amazing. It never irritates my skin. You can use it to add highlights or a dewy look to your face - it instantly makes you look better. It is also amazing on your skin.
The metal tube easily cracks on the side, however, so you need to be careful when you use it. I have had to "decant" the remainder of a tube into little pots - which is not ideal from several standpoints, but it does mean I always have it with me.

If you have not tried this, do.

I use the skin food right before I put on my sunscreen in the morning. It's great for my mature skin, gives it that extra glow underneath my foundation and keeps it hydrated all day long. I use it at night after I put on my retin-a about 30 minutes as a buffer and it works great to cut down on flaking. It also works great on my elbows, heels and any dry spots that I have. I order off Amazon subscribe and save for an extra discount!

on 8/11/2018 7:03:00 AM

I have dehydrated but oily skin that is prone to breakouts (lucky me) and I am a huge fan of this product, which I have been using for a month.

I use a pea sized amount, warm it between my fingertips and tap it over my face. I then follow with an oil free moisturizer (Clinique Hydrating Jelly) which helps me to spread the Weleda Skin Food but isn't moisturising enough for me on its own. This way I'm able to add both water and oil based moisturising factors to my skin and control the percentages (I use more Skin Food at night, and less in the morning, so that I'm not as shiny during the day).

In only four weeks I have seen a dramatic improvement in the quality of my skin and the severity and frequency of my breakouts. I suffer from moderate acne, but within two weeks of switching to this regime almost all of my blemishes cleared and at the time of writing I only have two tiny pimples that can barely be seen.

I was quite worried about trying it on my face due to its thickness, but it's really delivered results for me. Fingers crossed it continues to do so!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do I see an organic 'Beauty Flash Balm'? 1 product that can multitask and have so many different uses is a product that I absolutely have to try! Unfortunately it just wasn't what I expected it would be and for one reason alone: it was too heavy. Nothing else bothered me about Skin Food other than its heaviness and inability to absorb into my skin - whether used on my hands, feet or roughest areas such as elbows or knees, it left a greasy after feel that I did not like (Lanolin perhaps?). The only use I did get out of this was as a lip treatment - a small dab each PM left overnight on lips and they would be softer and slightly plumper looking by the morning.

Bottom line: despite my high hopes, this is not the natural/organic alternative to my beloved Clarins Beauty Flash Balm...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/6/2018 2:55:00 PM

I'm not going to dwell on what other people have said: thick texture, herbal smell, awesome price. For reference, I have dry and dehydrated skin.

Here is how I use Skin Food:
1) Hair: This thing is SO GOOD at putting down small cowlicks. I have a halo of hairs that stand straight up, and one clump of hair near my hairline that also does something similar. This slicks it down (use only a TINY bit!) without making it look oily.
2. Eye cream: I use this very sparingly around my eye area. I use this from browbone to halfway down my nose. It's a great occlusive that also provides a bit of moisture. Occasionally (like once a week), I'll put a very thin layer all over my face.
3. Hand cream: I have insanely dry hands (not flaky... more like very dehydrated and overstretched skin that have no moisture at the fingertips), and I apply this at night to the back of my hands. I always avoid putting this on or between my fingers though; way too thick for that. It doesn't fix the dryness much but since it dries down to a non-slick finish, I'm more inclined to use it vs other hand creams.

This doesn't work well as a lip balm. It tastes like it smells (which isn't bad, but it tastes very bitter...), and isn't hydrating.

I have to mention that I LOVE the packaging. The metal tube makes it so that no air is going inside the tube. Ever.

If you're not sure about this product, they sell 0.34 ounce tubes (10 mL). I definitely recommend trying that first because the 1 oz or 3 oz will last you forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Overhyped.
I like weleda shampoos, but nothing else.
This is a natural cosmetics brand the quality of the products is just avarage.
The cream is thick, waxy paste that gives zero hydration. Nivea cream is much better, believe me.
After two days of using this as a body balm my skin was greasy on top and cracky, dry and dehydrated underneath.

If you'd like to test that type of creams, go for Hauschka rose cream or Biologique Recherche ones. Much pricier, but with it.
If you need something cheaper Nivea in blue can is also worth trying.

on 7/12/2018 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

There was not one thing I liked about this product. It smells awful, like plant roots steeped in alcohol. And it does contain alcohol! It also contains lanolin, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil and beeswax. What this combination makes for is one greasy blend that just sits on top of skin. I did not find this to be nourishing, hydrating or healing to my skin at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Initially used it as an occlusive over my moisturizer at night, but it became a bit too rich after a while. Instead I now use it as a hand moisturizer. The citrusy scent is definitely not for everyone. Wouldn't use it during the day sine it leaves behind a sheen that doesn't really go away.