Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This cream is especially good for dry, sensitive skin on the face. I would not suggest for combination-oily or very oily skin as it is way too rich and greasy!
I found this works best warmed up between my fingertips and applied in a patting motion as the formula doesn't have much slip and 'massaging' it in like the instructions say only drags your skin around. This is a very thick cream so I find it much better applied at night as an overnight moisturiser as I wake up with glowing, supple skin. I have tried this in the morning using a pea-sized amount and tapping more on places that it needs and it does take a while to sink into the skin which is why it makes a good night cream.
The scent is a herbal-floral scent, it doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin nor does it dry it out.
Overall, I really do like this moisturiser, and it has many uses all over the body such as hands or feet. You literally only need a teeny amount so the tube will last me a long time as I don't use everyday as it is very thick so don't want to congest my skin.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really have nothing bad to say about this product. I have very sensitive and dry skin, and I have never broken out from this, nor is it greasy. I use it overnight as a moisturizer on my face and honestly my skin has benefitted from it. I can understand why people with oily or normal skin wouldn't be interested in putting it anywhere near their faces, but for us dry/sensitive kids I highly recommend. Waking up with a soft and moisturized face is the goal. And as a highlighter during the day, I also love it, works great as a natural looking little glow. Rough patches anywhere else no problem. 10/10. Yep from me.

To Read all 525 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/18/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a staple for me...I use it for everything. I even use it on my face for night cream. It does not break me out and I am sensitive so that is good. But even if you are scared to use it on your face it is great for heels, elbows, cuticles...knees, etc. It has an herbal smell but it is not off putting just different. My husband always says "what smells so good?" when I put it on. It is a little more than I like to pay retail for (20) so I normally wait for a sale on Vitacost.com and get it for about 10-12 dollars. ❤️❤️

Ok are you ready for this? This stuff saved my face..I'm 31 & seriously my skin looks younger & more supple & firm & toned than at 25. I know this is a "hand cream" but after using retin-a I was desperate to find a moisturizer that actually MOISTURIZED! My poor skin was dry & looked awful & felt awful, my nose peeled most days from the retin-a...I was absolutely desperate for moisture, I tried using pure oils (jojoba, vitamin e, coconut, olive) but nothing was moisturizing enough & thank goodness I remembered my mom using this green skin "food" on her face years ago & there it was...my knight in shining armor. This stuff has changed my face! I've always had dry skin, dry & peeling even when I went through mid 20's awful acne & nothing I used was ever satisfactory, including $72 serums & $65 moisturizers! The only tip I've got is to clean your face well, let it DRY completely then with dry hands get a pea sized blob, rub it into your palms to thin & warm & pat onto face. TRUST ME...you'll see & fill the difference immediately. If your face or hands are wet it doesn't melt down, thin out...you'll see. Make sure you've dried your hands & face first.

I've got my skin food on Amazon auto ship every 2 months & am 150% satisfied vs other EXPENSIVE SEPHORA ALLURE MAGAZINE crap I've tried. I won't go a day without it. It's price is fantastic for the huge tube, also great brand Weleda so it's not full of harsh chemicals (hint hint...that's why it actually works).

It's great for your hands but a game changer for your face. Try it, give it a couple weeks at least, it's heavy & feels greasy at first but you'll never use another moisturizer once you've figured this one out & get that plump firm face back that all these chemical filled products has taken from you (us) me.

on 2/9/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well I bought this on a friend's recommendation, she loves it. I do like the packaging, and I think you get a lot of product, but it's the cream itself that I'm not a fan of. It is quite thick and heavy, but seems to have a powdery texture to it. After using it I feel like I've rubbed talc into my hands. I find it uncomfortable. I've tried to love it but it's not for me. I prefer my hand creams to have a little more moisture to them. I also don't particularly like the scent, I find it a bit much, like the consistency of the cream. Won't finish it and I've only used it a week!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

My first review, because this is so worth it. I have combination skin and especially dry parts in winter. I clean my skin with the "Take the day off" butter from Clinique, I use it on top of the p50 lotion, alternating with the retinol treatment from Paiula's Choice. This is by far the best combination in the winter I have had so far. I apply more to the places on the face where more nourishment is needed and dab a little off afterwards on the forehead, nose and chin area with a tissue. It sinks in after a few moments.

I have tried so many high end creams, but nothing compares. I use it on top of alternating serums during the day (sometimes just pure hyaluronic acid, which I order online, which actually works best).

Recently I have been using it as an eye cream too, and it does, what I expect. Yes, I like heavy duty stuff, so it's probably nothing for women who prefer gels there ; ) . I cannot see any difference to really pricey creams.

That you can use in ANYWHERE on the body where you need extra nourishment/softness. It's an excellent hand- and footcreme too. Extra bonus: less products on the shelf, which I appreciate more and more.

Love this pure and natural stuff, that is absolutely affordable (ok, I live in Germany, where you can buy the 75ml for about 6 Dollars, but I would spend more on it too, if I had to.)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I primarily bought this cream as a hand moisturiser (I've tried the lot from very expensive ones like Jurlique and Hand Chemistry to cheap ones like Neutrogena and nothing worked on my dry, chapped hands!) to help my ragged cuticles and dry skin. It worked brilliantly - I am a cuticles picker (especially on my thumbs!) and now the cuticles are soft so nothing is there to pick and my nails are nice and glossy. I massage in a small amount also during the day and it sinks in without a trace of stickiness.

Then I moved on to using it also on my elbows (first I used a sugar and coffee grains scrub to get the dry skin off) and my feet (here I recommend putting some sock overnight, especially if you are using a large amount of this cream) and anywhere where my body needed moisture the most. It keeps this very dehydrated and dry areas supple and soft.

I use it on my face as well now - as I work in a very well heated studio (I guess I am quite lucky here!) and my skin is constantly parched during winter so at night, after applying it on my hands I press them onto my face and add some more cream directly from the tube as needed (I try to avoid my T zone). I do not use it every night, maybe two times a week as when applied as overnight cream just made my face puffy and not very fresh looking in the morning but very comfortable during the night.

I need yet to try it as a mask (I think I would need to wipe off the excess) or apply it on a wet skin - maybe this would cause it to sink in better as an overnight treatment? We'll see.

I also pat a small amount of it over my makeup on top of my cheekbones to keep this area hydrated (it is unpleasant when this part of my face gets tight in winter) during the day but the amount needs to be really tiny, so that not to break up the makeup underneath.

The fragrance is moderate, citrusy and herbal, quite pleasant and it does not remain on the skin. It does not bother me nor it makes my eyes water when applied near the orbital bone.

I've never had any breakouts from it, the tube is more hygienic than any pot and you can squeeze the exact amount you need. BTW - The Body Shop sells these metal tube squeezers so it might be a good idea to get one to prevent the metal of the tube from breaking and leaking the oil.

A tube lasts me all winter and quite frankly makes lots of heavier creams I used to use during winter time, redundant. It is also much less pricy than any other cream that I used to use during winter so I keep on tube on my bedside table and another one on my desk in the studio (just to make a comparison here: Jurlique's hand cream is more than 3 times the price of Weleda SF and half as effective, a more effective imho than Jurlique Hand Chemistry hand cream is twice the price). 75 ml of SF is £10 so for me it is not that expensive especially that it seems to be the only cream I need during 5 months of winter time in Scotland.

The package is a bit smaller then I expected but it's totally worth the price! It does make magic with my faice while I leave it for night. Especially for those who must deal with bad ecology of city. It's a bit oily so I prefer to use it while I sleep. A lot of good things to say about Weleda brand. I hope ther products continue to remain as natural as they r now. The smell is not always sweet and tasty but the result is way more important. My skin adores everything that I buy from this brand. My boyfriend shares this cream with me as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Read all the amazing reviews on here and decided to splurge on it! At first I bought the small tube and used that up and I freaking loved it so I went back to get the bigger bottle. :) My face soaks it right up. Especially great for our Canadian winters! For a while I was using it day and night, but it takes a long time for it to seep in so it's better as a night time moisturiser. My skin is so much less tight and uncomfortable since I started using it and a little goes a long way! I also use this on my hands since this time of year they always get super dry with eczema patches. All natural and they don't test on animals which is a huge bonus for me. Two big ol' thumbs up!

on 12/25/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not to brag, ok I'm bragging, but I'm known for my soft skin. Really. Everyone comments on how soft my skin is and I do not take that compliment lightly because I work very hard to keep it that way. From my face to my legs, to my hands, I have a moisturizer for every inch of my body, and I'm always on the look out for something that will get at those tougher spots, especially as winter is approaching. My biggest needs are dry patches that appear around my ankles in the cold weather and the ever present need for under eye moisturizing. After hearing about how so many people have used Weleda as both a body and face moisturizer I was willing to give it a try.

As a body moisturizer it wasn't very effective. It didn't penetrate my skin very well, and I found it hovered on top of my skin more than soaked in. It didn't do anything for the dry patches where I needed it most and hardly did anything for my regular skin areas. After about a week I gave up on that and went back to my Aveeno body lotion which is the best thing in the world.

Then I used Weleda on my face. At first I concentrated on my under eye area. I didn't notice too big a difference, but the thick cream felt great and it didn't hurt to have a little extra under my eyes before bed. I started experimenting around other parts of my face. At first, my face took a long time to adjust. I didn't notice any big difference and I had little break outs (negligible nothing to freak out about). It was still early fall and I discontinued using it. As winter started and there were some very cold dry days, I gave it another try. This time I saw much better results. My face soaked up the moisturizer like a super sponge. Little dry spots around my nose and mouth from the windy day were especially helped by Skin Food. The area under my eyes didn't see much difference at first. However, I realized that after about three weeks I started to notice a change.

So my final verdict after playing around with this is. Skin Food is most definitely ideal for colder windier temperatures and not a good face moisturizer for spring or summer. To see some really good results you gotta stick with it for a few weeks and remain consistent during that time. However, because of it's thickness you also have to be vigilant and monitor your skin. Don't just follow a regimen because it's what you are allegedly supposed to do, listen to your skin and meet it where it is at. I found Skin Food worked well a few days a week and I gave my face a rest from it two or three nights a week. It's also a good idea to let it soak in for a few minutes and then blot the excess away before going to bed or applying any make up so as to avoid accidentally blocking your pores.

Overall, with a little experimenting and consistency, Skin Food can be really great when you need a little extra kick in the cold months without spending more money or slathering multiple types of goop all over your face. I'm a new fan.