Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

I was using the Nivea soft moisturizing crème, and I thought that nothing could beat it until I bought this moisturizer! It is fantastic I could see results after a few days, it moisturizes really well, it has an incredible scent, like food maybe that’s why the name is “skin food.” I know that you can’t eat it, but I would put it on my bread if I could!

It helped me with my acne which I got from another crème which I bought recently, so it’s good for that as well, I guess. It is a little greasy, and I wouldn’t use it under my makeup; I probably would go with the lighter version which I ordered right away!

It has natural ingredients, and I watched a Youtube video from Weleda they do have their own farm, and everything looks so lovely and clean, organized. I really love that product. It feels even better when you know where the ingredients are coming from!

BUY!BUY! 🤪

on 2/16/2019 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

LOVE this moisturizer. I mainly use it at night over my face oil (herbivore botanicals emerald). I warm it up in my hands and then tackle the driest parts first (cheeks, chin) and then spread everywhere else, including my neck and chest. I wake up every morning with glowy skin thanks to this. I rarely use it during the day as it’s a bit thick, but if I want a bit of extra glow I add a tiiiiiiny bit to my cheekbones so it shines through my makeup as a natural highlight. Katie Jane Hughes recommends this product which is why I purchased in the first place.

on 2/16/2019 4:24:00 AM

For reference,I mainly use this on my face.
It is very moisturizing for dry skin but it has a few cons.
For starters,this won't get fully absorbed into the skin.It will moisturize it but it leaves this shiny,sticky layer on the face which doesn't go away.The only way to remove it is to blot with a tissue.If I don't,I look like a glazed donut and I don't like looking like that in public.
Also,because this is an extremely thick consistency,it takes ages to fully spread all over the face as it takes a long time to warm up on the skin and become more easily spreadable.That's something I don't like as I want a moisturizer that I can squeeze out of the tube and quickly spread all of over my face so I can move on to the other steps in my routine.
I don't use it in my morning routine anymore as it's very time consuming for me.I have little in the tube left which I will only use on my hands or other dry areas on my body overnight or as an overnight moisture treatment on my face(I still have to blot though).
I would repurchase(given that's it's quite cheap anyway) buy only for the latter reasons.

Bought it due to Katie Jane Hughes's praises on Instagram and have repurchased three times. My skin savior in the winter. I use it like Katie does: I warm up a good dollop on my finger tips so the cream breaks down into a thinner consistency, then apply it on the driest parts first, eg. my cheeks. I use the leftover on my nose and chin. Then I wait 5min before applying sunscreen. Really hope they never change the formula.

on 1/23/2019 9:40:00 PM

Omg so good for everything!!!! I love skin food for hands especially. I’ve been using it on my face, after my Epicuren Rose Otto, and loving how soft my skin is once it’s absorbed. It stays shiny tho so maybe not the best under makeup

on 1/5/2019 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Weleda Skin Food, but should say at the outset that it's not for everyone. Some background on my skin: now that I'm nearing 52, my skin is on the drier side in winter and I use RetinA every night. Skin Food gives me such a rich, deep moisturizing treatment, but it it may be on the oily side for some. There is a natural fragrance, but I like it. The price is fair because I've found that so little is needed for the face. It's a HG for me and I would really recommend it for women 40+.

on 1/3/2019 5:12:00 PM

Do not use this if you have acne prone/sensitive skin, it will break you out as it is way too rich and full of oils.

on 1/2/2019 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cream is a lifesaver for my dry and temperamental skin in the winter. The texture is a bit off putting at first (it is very thick and tacky), but it has a light and refreshing (not floral, thankfully) scent, and it does absorb into your skin as long as you warm it a bit/give it some time to really sink in. I like to let Skin Food have at least ten minutes or so before continuing with any additional products, although usually I slather it on before bed and just wait to make sure my pillowcase doesn't end up greasy.

In the winter my skin does go kind of nuts, it gets dry from the cold and the heating system in my apartment, and while my usual face cream: Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Cream does wonders, sometimes I need a little extra. When my cheeks or nose are particularly chapped, Skin Food really helps to soothe and repair my skin. I don't use this on my face daily by any means (maybe every other, at most), and usually only apply it to areas that need it. But about once a week I'll apply it all over for a deep hit of moisture, which has really helped.

I've never used it as a highlighter, although I do see how it could work as one. When I wear this during the day, you can see a shiny sheen even after it has absorbed, so I either ignore that (if I'm just running to the gym or the grocery store, I don't mind so much!) or dust a little powder on top. I know some people are hesitant to use it on their faces, and I'd suggest trying it in a small area before going crazy, but I've been fortunate and only had good reactions. I do also use it on my lips, elbows, hands (especially cuticles), feet, and knees as well as any rogue dry spots that pop up! So if you're not sure about its use on the face, I'd still recommend it for the body.

Pros: the metal tube is lovely and I really like it/haven't had any issues with the container, it is a rich and deeply moisturizing cream that just takes a little getting used to, a nice fresh scent, the best product I've found for coaxing some normality back into my skin (face and body) in the worst stretches of winter.

Cons: the tacky texture might be off putting, and it you needed to use this over extensive areas of the body (I once applied it all over my legs and it took a lot of product), I don't think it is quite worth the price for such a small tube. Not a product to apply at the last minute, as it takes some time to really absorb.

on 12/17/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was recommended this product to help with peeling and dryness from Tretinoin cream. It’s been a godsend! I now use it daily on my face/neck/lips/hands. It does have a spa-like fragrance but it’s pleasant and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin nor bother my chronic headaches. It absorbs into the skin quickly even though it’s a fairly thick product, leaving your skin soft and hydrated.

on 12/15/2018 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love how skin food is just that....it nourishes your skin softens the wrinkles and gives a subtle shimmer to my skin. The fragrance is herbal and subtle, as well. A little goes a long way. It's a great bargain for dry skin.