Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

on 5/23/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've heard so much about Skin Food and so when it was on sale at Choices, I had to try it.

Great for my hands! I wash my hands A LOT due to a very busy work environment, and from all the washing and hand sanitizing, my hands are really parched. I layer on Skin Food before bedtime, and my hands feel so much better in the morning, and actually, for a few days afterward too. This is more like a balm, not a cream. I LOVE THE SMELL, but I know it won't be for everyone. Someone commented that it smells like a gin and tonic; they're not wrong!

I think once you try this, you'll realize that most "moisturizers" are just liquified, scented wax, that don't really do much than temporarily coat your hands. I can honestly say that my hands feel much more comfortable with Skin Food.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this. It has a herbal citris smell and is rich. Good for hands and cuticles. I gave mine to a friend with painfully dry hands because she had to wash them a lot. She said it helped some. Trying the calendula next.

on 5/8/2018 9:39:00 AM

I don't like the smell or the feel of the cream, but I use it occasionally on my elbows when the skin there get's super-dry. One application and problem solved! It's really strange, but the skin will feel so much better for several days - after one application.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is much different than most moisturizers I have used, but it is very nice. I like the herbal-citrus scent, and it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive skin. It has a somewhat waxy-creamy hybrid feel, but since I have quite dry facial skin I like that, since it seems to be helping the moisture to sink in. The packaging is simple and nice, and for the amount of product I use each time I know the tube will last for a while. When I put it on my face I only use about a pea-sized amount, or maybe a little more, and then rub it in. It does leave my face shiny for a while, but when I wake up in the morning my skin looks and feels plumper and smooth. I do have reactive skin, and so far I haven't noticed any adverse effects in about a month of use. I've also used it on my hands, and I think it would be nice for dry feet and elbows as well.

on 4/22/2018 8:15:00 PM

I am a nurse and I have to wash my hands or use hand sanitizers many, many times during a shift. From early fall well into spring, my hands are a mess with dry skin and peeling palms. I use a bunch of this on my hands before bed and it has really helped! It smells nice. It takes a while to sink in, and I wouldn't dream of using it on my face, but this is a great product.

on 4/18/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This wasn't for me. I have rosacea on my cheeks and I had heard some use this for Rosacea but it made my cheeks burn. I had to wash it off. However some probably did soak in and when I woke up the next day my skin somehow looked different and brighter. Even so I can not use this and risk making it worse.

on 4/5/2018 1:38:00 AM

Great multi-use product! A little goes a long way so it's great value for money. I usually use it on dry skin on my body but if my face is feeling dry I'll use it as a face moisturiser and it never makes me break up. Also nice, natural ingredients which is always great.

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin that just doesn't respond and burns with most moisturizers. My skin l-o-v-e-s this! It repairs my skin barrier like Avene Cicalfate but at a fraction of the price and without the mineral oil. I wish the smell weren't so strong but it does go away.

on 3/6/2018 1:32:00 PM

Best thing for superdry hands in wintertime! Also works as a rich complement to my face rutin in periods. Love the rich feeling, the scens but most imortant the pure ingedients.

on 2/21/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've gone through numerous tubes of Weleda Skin Food over the years. It makes a great overnight treatment when my face is feeling super dry or irritated. It's extremely thick, it works best for me over a light layer of jojoba oil.