OPI Cajun Shrimp

Cajun ShrimpCajun ShrimpCajun Shrimp

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have a love/hate with OPI, but I love this! The brush and color range on most OPI is great, but the formula is usually hit or miss for me. This color applied like a dream and two coats dried to the point of no denting or bed-sheet marks after an hour. I have medium/dark skin and this has the perfect "is it red, is it orange?" effect on my hands. I haven't tested it out, but I think the color would look great on all skin tones.

on 1/9/2016 1:43:00 PM

Underwhelming. This bright orange-y red didn't look all that special once I put it on. In fact it looks exactly like a million other nail polishes out there, and I really don't think I'd buy this one again.

Great OPI formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But I'm not crazy about the shade itself so it's an overall "meh" for me.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't like pink nail polishes nor do I think they suit my skin tone (olive) but I have to say I love Cajun Shrimp! It was worn week in, week out last summer. I was obsessed and couldn't stop looking at my nails!
It was in my "Trend on Ten" box otherwise I would never have bought it as a single colour.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Cajun Shrimp is my coral. I'm very pale, NC20 but this is good with my skin tone. Even when I try to pick out a different shade, I grab Cajun Shrimp and fall in love all over again. I just picked up My Chiuhua Bites, but it's a little more pink. I usually stick to lighter shades, like Privacy Please but Cajun Shrimp is so fun.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It is creamy, spreads easily and opaque in 2coats. I find the color to be almost a neon coral and that aspect of it displeases me. I like it better on my toes than finger-nails but it I received so many compliments on it when I wore with a coral outfit, Its nice but for me not a repurchase as it is much brighter on my nails than the bottle. Nice for toenails in the summer with some of my shoes and sandals but not versatile enough in my opinion.

on 4/1/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Another one of my favorites in the Coral family. I love it because it's bright!

on 4/19/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love this product! I have to admit though I only wear it on my toes. For some reason it looks a little off on my fingers, but on my toes it is a gorgeous bright coralish-red. Too cute! Perfect for rockin those open toed shoes in Summertime.

on 4/19/2010 12:07:00 PM

I absolutely love this color!! It is the perfect spring/summer nailpolish. I only use this on my toes and it looks great when I am pale w/o accentuating my ghost-ness ;) and faboosh when I am tan. It is a wonderful orangey-red that is not overpowering.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has been a tireless summer pedicure staple for me for the past FIVE years. I actually still look forward to the day when I get to break out the cajun shrimp for the season. I always get compliments on this shade, whether it's on my toes or just sitting in the bottle on my shelf. Glossy and gorgeous with out even the slightest tinge of shimmer... love it.
EDIT: the color is not as fashionable as it once was since there are so many more neons and oranges on the market today. However, it's a nice safe bet or easy transition into the world of vibrants since the amount of red lends a classic timelessness to the shocking elements - good balance.

on 8/30/2008 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great pinky/corally creme on my olive/yellow NC 25 skin. Looks fantastic with a tan, but great even w/o one. The color is just so cheerful! And it applies beautifully and wears really well (like almost all OPI's). I will definitely repurchase!

Popular Polishes