Alba Botanica Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Pineapple Fruit Extract*, Papaya Fruit Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract*, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract*, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Chloride, Bromelain, Maltodextrin, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Alcohol*, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Parfum. *Certified Organic Ingredient. (Updated: 9/25/12)

on 2/25/2017 1:15:00 AM

Not a bad price for the amount you get, but this cleanser is just meh for me. Does the bare minimum and washes my face, but doesn't do it exceptionally well. I use it as a second cleanse after I've already taken off my makeup (it wouldn't take it off by itself anyways). I love how it smells and how gentle it is, but the pump always gets clogged and the cleanser shoots out to the side when I try to pump it into my hand.

on 10/11/2016 4:19:00 PM

I didn't like this. I don't think it did anything to my skin, but it didn't hurt anything either. It smelled great but my skin felt filmy after washing.

on 8/22/2016 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Its ok. If you just need a basic cleanser, I wouldn't recommend this. It didn't remove my makeup as much as I wanted it to and it didn't improve my pores. I think it kinda messed up my skin texture because after I stopped using it, my skin got better. I like the smell and then after I stopped using it on my face I used it to clean my brushes and it did a decent job and made them smell nice

This is the most incredible cleanser I have ever tried. At first I was so nervous because my skin is sensitive, acne prone, oily in the t zone but dry dryyyyy everywhere else, and so clog prone. I've tried countless cleansers and even something as simple as Olay foaming fragrance free cleanser breaks me out bad. The only other one that works is Proactiv and the Walgreens proactiv knock off but that one doesn't remove make up well. This, THIS is my golden cleanser! My HG! My love! Refreshes, removes make up, doesn't irritate and doesn't break me out. I look forward to washing my face now :) I give it five pineapples 🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I recently went through a bad bout of dry, flaking skin due to my previous cleanser - I picked this up as I was looking for something simple and non-drying and I must say, what a difference! My skin has never reacted so nicely to a cleanser! It's no longer dry but also not oily. It feels supple and I haven't experienced any break outs since I started using this. It removes all my makeup nicely, smells great and is only ~$10 CAD a bottle. I highly recommend this to anyone on the lookout for a new facial cleanser :)

on 11/1/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I liked this cleanser, but not enough to purchase it again. The smell was soft and fruity, it lather well and doesn't leave my face striped. It's a simple, natural cleanser.

on 7/5/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my current favorite cleanser. I am on my fourth bottle! I buy mine at Target for $9.99
My skin type is oily, acne prone. This cleanser is gentle, it has never irritated my skin at all or caused acne and has a nice light pineapple scent. Yum! I love that this cleanser has a pump bottle, it makes it easy to distribute the right amount of product onto my clarasonic Mia. I wipe the bulk of my makeup off of my face with a wipe first, then go in with this cleanser to remover the last bits of makeup off my face and I must say it removes everything! My skin complexion looks so bright and clear. I feel that it has improved the texture and discoloration of my skin for sure. I'm loving it so much!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My acne didn't clear up until I started using this.

For a long time, I struggled with severe acne, and I thought the only solution was using drugstore, chemical laden cleansers marketed toward acne prone skin. It wasn't until I stopped using those cleansers that my face started clearing up! Ironic, I know.

This is my all time favorite cleanser- it has a pump, a nice fresh scent, it's more natural than other drugstore cleansers, and it leaves my skin feeling clean without stripping it of moisture. Nowhere on the bottle does it say that it will clear up acne, but it does an amazing job of both clearing and preventing blemishes.

This might not be completely "natural", but it's way less harsh than what I was using before, so I don't really care that much to be honest.

I know this might make me sound really cheap, but at $10, this is actually the most expensive face wash I've ever owned! And honestly, as much as I love it, I would be lying if I said it was easy to pay $10 every time I run out of this stuff. Come on, it's just not the most fun and glamorous thing to spend money on!

Regardless, this is the best facial cleaner I've used in a long time, so I will most likely continue repurchasing until the day I die, and even then, you'l have to pry an empty bottle of this out of my cold dead hands.

on 2/8/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! Best cleanser I've found in years! $7.99 at TJ Maxx. Leaves my combo/acne prone skin feeling cleaner than almost any cleanser I've EVER used. Great at removing makeup. Smells natural and pineappley. Comes in pump bottle - 1/2 pump is plenty. After watching Lisa Eldridge's videos, I've been taking her advice and cleansing my face twice at night - once to remove makeup, then again to really cleanse. My skin has felt much cleaner since starting that process about 3 weeks ago. Usually in winter my skin starts getting really clogged up in about February, but this cleanser has cleaned it up! I cannot praise this cleanser highly enough!

on 7/24/2014 8:30:00 PM

so far so good. lather easy. cleans well. this doesnt stink my eyes. only problem is it is very runny. Be sure to "catch" them when you pump