Lancome Absolue cream

Lancome Absolue cream

3.6

on 12/27/2015 2:32:00 PM

Thank goodness I got this night cream in a travel size as part of a package I bought to try the Absolute Premium Dx Cream Line - $233.00 in total. My skin is very dry, I'm 44 and I have been trying so many different things for the past 6 years. This stings my skin - I think it's the fragrance. It's very thick and does not apply that easy - you really have to rub this in. The day version so far is fine, I just need a few more days to see the benefit. The difference in colour between the night and the day is significant - the day is a white colour whereas the night is a peach colour - hence the fragrance? It made my face red immediately and tingly along my jawline as if I had a slight sunburn. At first I thought it was because it was "working" but that is not the case. I'm happy that the rest of the package is not like that. The night cream actually looks and smells exactly like Genefique Nutrics which comes in the burgundy coloured bottle which I liked, but again the fragrance - see my review. So I have an on/off relationship with LancĂ´me and I am willing to finish the rest of this package.

on 11/25/2015 9:31:00 PM

I received a small jar of this cream as a GWP in a Lancome order- I have the night cream version. I tried it in August, and it was way too much for my skin in the warm weather. Now that it's cold I've brought it out again and it's working nicely for my combination, gets dry in the winter skin. The cream is quite thick, and it's beautifully fragranced (Lancome is not a good choice for skincare if you are sensitive to fragrance). It sinks right into my skin, no tacky finish left behind. My skin felt nourished at night and looked good in the morning. I considered buying a full size, but then I saw the $190 price tag. Yeah. No. There are other creams that will moisturize my skin just as well, under $100.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

I used this product for a few months. It's alright, but I'm not convinced it does much more than hydrate dry skin. There is no available research supporting this product's ingredient's anti-age abilities. Also, if you ever look at Lancome's claims (80% firmer skin, etc.), you'll notice that it's all consumer self-reporting, not an actual clinical evaluation. This is just a fancy jar with a high ticket, which tricks people into thinking it must be worthwhile.

on 9/13/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have sort of a mixed review for this product, and that is because I have been using it for a year, but just found out how expensive it is... To elaborate, I saw 0.5 ounce jars of Absolue Premium at an outlet for $6 a piece. I literally knew nothing about the product, but I was intrigued by it and the sales associate stressed that it was a REALLY nice cream for a VERY good price. I bought 2 and I've kept one in my purse to use on my hands and face as needed throughout the day. I have very dry skin and it's nice to have something small, portable and inexpensive (yet effective) that I can carry around all the time. It beats having to carry around a big tub of greasy Aquaphor.

I like the cream. It smells good (although the scent is very strong) and it sinks in quickly. It hydrates without being greasy or heavy. I like the texture/ formulation a lot, actually. I planned on buying more... until I saw the price!!!

I cannot believe this product retails for $150! Had I known that, I would have bought 10 of the little clearance pots at the CCO. I am sad, because I really wanted more, but I am not willing to pay that price. I think there are other products at a much lower price point that work just as well. For me anyway, a product has got to work miracles if I'm going to shell out $150 for it, and basically this is just a really nice moisturizer, nothing *that* special.

on 9/19/2011 10:11:00 PM

I love this cream! It's light, but seems to be a powerhouse. It smells and feels good. I use it at night time around my eyes and laughlines. I have been using it for over a year now, and I think it's working, I don't have wrinkles!! I would recommend this product.

on 9/8/2010 2:20:00 AM

Absolue Premium cream is amazing for dry skin! It is absorbed instantly, leaving my skin feeling soft and looking radiant. The texture is light with a pleasant smell. I use the day and night cream along with the eye cream. I used to use Chanel's Sublimage and this is just as nice at a much lower cost. Highly recommended.

Well I'm fortunate to have got a couple little jars of this stuff from Lancome gift sets because little did I know it was $95 for a full one! Talk about a luxury moisturizer, although when it comes to moisturizers, you can't beat Creme de la Mer's price tags. However, facial moisturizer is just one of those things I would be willing to spend money on because it's a daily essential that goes on your skin every day and sits on your skin all day. This moisturizer really impressed me although the fact that it's a cream intimidated me at first. Cream to me usually means it's too heavy and will make me feel like a greaseball. Au contraire! This cream went on smooth, instantly absorbed, made my skin feel moisturized and plump without any greasiness and just the right amount of hydration! It really feels like a luxury cream. This small trial size jar has lasted me over a month now; a little goes a long way!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome cream. I have tried so many creams and this cream is amazing. THE ABSOLUE PREMIUM NIGHT CREAM IS MAGIC IN A BOTTLE A MUST HAVE!

on 12/23/2008 9:58:00 AM

Except for High Resolution, I find that Lancome creams break out my sensitive skin, and are either sticky or way too "rich" - read that greasy. This is no exception. May work well for someone with excessively dry skin, but not for my 52 year old normal to slightly oily (in the T zone) skin. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My boyfriend bought me the Lancome skincare 5 piece kit for Christmas. The best I can figure, his niece works in that dept. for Macy's. Heavens sakes, I would never request that skincare - ever. I tried Lancome a few years ago and couldn't stand all the fragrance that is in all their skin care line. Not a hint of fragrance, but downright overpowering perfumey smell. Geez, my skin can't even begin to take that. Anyway, I opened a few of the jars, and it all came back to me - ad nauseam. He meant well but Lancome's whole skincare line rates ZERO for me.