Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Finishing Spray

4.4

Not tested on animals

on 2/18/2018 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried soooo many haie sprays!
HATED all of them (until i found this one!)
some were too soft,some way too stiff,some caused flaking,some caused dull looking hair,some stinked...

This is perfection!
the perfect balance of hold without any stiffness,no flaking,shiny bouncy hair that STANDS humidity.

i 100% love this and will never ever ever use any other hair spray.

on 8/26/2015 12:40:00 PM

The only spray that I have tried that holds my bangs in place during the extreme humidity. I don't care if the spray is a little on the hard side as long as my hair is bending all over the place in the high heat and humidity. A little tough to brush through, maybe I am using a little to much. It does not smell bad and it does not dry my hair out. I love this stuff in the summer. I have to try it out in the winter and see what the results are. I just wish the product was a little cheaper. I will still continue to buy it!!

on 9/9/2012 11:37:00 PM

This finishing spray makes me be able to do a side-swept hairstyle where I can sweep all my crown hair to either left or right and keep it that way. I find that it lasts me maybe half to 3/4 of my day as my hair starts falling flat or I have a habit of running my hand through the top of my hair all the time so the hair goes back to my natural hair line. I've made my hair line mostly on the left side for 15 years of my life. This spray's smell doesn't really appeal to me much either, I always hate smelling it because it smells so..."chemical" that I get turned off by it everytime I use it. It was a nice product to try out but I will opt for something else after I'm done with this. The small bottle seems to last quite a while too. Also, the nozzle can harden so you have to run it under warm/hot water to melt the hardened product.

on 1/30/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i use the extra body firm finishing spray and it's an HG for sure. i've been through countless bottles of both the large and travel sizes and would never be without it. most hairsprays can hold a style. THIS hairspray is a miracle worker! It can make your hair giant and keep it that way. love love love.

on 11/8/2011 11:45:00 PM

I wanted a hairspray that gave me volume Nd super strong hold! So I went to the paul mitchell website Nd looked up the different hairsprays...I read about this one Nd saw that it got two awards for best hairspray So I wanted to give it a try!! So I asked my aunt who gets it cheap Nd she only paid like $9 for the big bottle!! I tried it and loved it!! Since my hair is long it hardly stays up or holds but this totally held it up nd the smell was great!! The other plus was that the next day I went to shower Nd it left no residue or flakes!!!, which is a major must!! Althou I do recommend to use a cleaning shampoo cause my hair is different from everyone=) but loved it Nd recommend it

on 7/25/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess it depends on what you want from a hair spray; but, this isn't for me. There are a few good things: fine mist, doesn't weight hair down, dries quickly. However, I was looking for more staying power and a stronger hold. This is pretty expensive hairspray when Tresemme Two does just as good a job.

on 4/10/2011 8:20:00 PM

WOW! This review is for the Extra Body FIRM Finishing Spray, which won two readers choice awards for best hair spray. The BEST hairspray I've ever owned. My hair is fine and flat, getting thinner as I am aging, and this hairspray is a miracle. Turn head upside down, spray and then flip upright, spray final pieces in place and I've got gorgeous volume all day long. Love it!!!!! Buy it, You won't be sorry.

on 6/26/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a ok spray, it smells nice and gives a really strong hold. In the start (of the day) I also get some "volume-feeling" of this hold, even if it disappears a few houres later...

It is strong, and keeps your hair like you want it.

But it dos not give that magic volume it promeses. Therefore a overall rating of 3.

on 1/25/2010 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed with this product overall - first, the nozzle is clogged every morning & I have to scratch the buildup off in order to use it, it's been that way since the second time I used it - totally annoying! Second, I have stright hair with a stylized bob & I just use hairspray to set the style or tame fly aways - but this spray, when sprayed directly on the hair, creates separated 'sections' that almost make the hair look greasy. The only thing its useful for is making fly aways lay down - for that, I have to spray it on my hand & then quickly smooth the hair down. I would never buy this again, what a waste!

on 1/16/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hands down, the BEST volumizing product ever. I have (in my opinion) the finest, limpest hair in the world and this spary works wonders. I really don't even need a mousse or root booster. It lasts all day and make hair even looks great the next day. holds volume and shine through any weather and i can even brush thru it. the nozzle produces a great spray all over and for direct root spray. The only hairspray i'll ever continue to buy. (Except I did recently run out and bought Tresemme Finishing Spray b/c it was cheaper but it did nothing compared to the PM spray!)

Popular Styling Products