Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Finishing Spray

Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Finishing Spray

4.4

Not tested on animals

SD Alcohol 40-B (SDS-GA-436) (Alcohol Denat.), Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panthenol, Triethyl Citrate, PEG-14 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Aqua (Water, Eau), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxy-citronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. (H14)

Extra-Body Finishing Spray gets a 5 out of 5 lipstick rating from me. It is a great hairspray for those hard to hold hairs. Even though this has a firmer hold, it is extremely lightweight and can help boost body and volume while holding your locks tight. This hairspray does not have a matte finish and can actually help boost shine. Extra-Body Finishing Spray is formulated with Panthenol and Hyrdrolized Wheat in order to give a bodifying boost while also building body to give your tresses a fuller, thicker appearance. 2 more great features to this hair spray are that it dries almost instantly, so, you aren't left with a sticky mess while the product dries like many other firm hold hairspray tend to do and it is a frizz fighter as well. I recommend Extra-Body Finishing Spray for use in all hair types needing a firm but lightweight finishing spray that will not weigh hair down. Although good for all hair types, in my opinion, it is ideal for fine to medium hair (the diameter of each individual hair strand). I use this in the salon and at home for my own hair spray. I switch between Extra-Body Firm Finishing Spray and Extra-Body Finishing spray depending on the amount of hold I feel is required. Neither product causes heaviness in my finer hair. I love this finishing spray because it has a nice strong hold and provides my hair with a boost of body that I feel it otherwise lacks at times due to my hair's texture which is straight (the curl pattern), density which is on the thinner side of medium (number of hairs per square inch) and the diameter of each hair stand which is on the finer side of medium. I highly recommend this finishing spray for use on wand, smoothing iron, or marcel created curls because it has a firm enough hold to keep curls in place. I do not recommend this for finishing an upstyle because I feel an upstyle requires something with a slightly firmer hold. This is a staple for me in the salon and at home. As with all JPMS products, Extra-Body Finishing Spray is never tested on animals!

on 2/18/2018 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried soooo many haie sprays!
HATED all of them (until i found this one!)
some were too soft,some way too stiff,some caused flaking,some caused dull looking hair,some stinked...

This is perfection!
the perfect balance of hold without any stiffness,no flaking,shiny bouncy hair that STANDS humidity.

i 100% love this and will never ever ever use any other hair spray.

on 8/26/2015 12:40:00 PM

The only spray that I have tried that holds my bangs in place during the extreme humidity. I don't care if the spray is a little on the hard side as long as my hair is bending all over the place in the high heat and humidity. A little tough to brush through, maybe I am using a little to much. It does not smell bad and it does not dry my hair out. I love this stuff in the summer. I have to try it out in the winter and see what the results are. I just wish the product was a little cheaper. I will still continue to buy it!!

on 9/9/2012 11:37:00 PM

This finishing spray makes me be able to do a side-swept hairstyle where I can sweep all my crown hair to either left or right and keep it that way. I find that it lasts me maybe half to 3/4 of my day as my hair starts falling flat or I have a habit of running my hand through the top of my hair all the time so the hair goes back to my natural hair line. I've made my hair line mostly on the left side for 15 years of my life. This spray's smell doesn't really appeal to me much either, I always hate smelling it because it smells so..."chemical" that I get turned off by it everytime I use it. It was a nice product to try out but I will opt for something else after I'm done with this. The small bottle seems to last quite a while too. Also, the nozzle can harden so you have to run it under warm/hot water to melt the hardened product.

on 1/30/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i use the extra body firm finishing spray and it's an HG for sure. i've been through countless bottles of both the large and travel sizes and would never be without it. most hairsprays can hold a style. THIS hairspray is a miracle worker! It can make your hair giant and keep it that way. love love love.

on 11/8/2011 11:45:00 PM

I wanted a hairspray that gave me volume Nd super strong hold! So I went to the paul mitchell website Nd looked up the different hairsprays...I read about this one Nd saw that it got two awards for best hairspray So I wanted to give it a try!! So I asked my aunt who gets it cheap Nd she only paid like $9 for the big bottle!! I tried it and loved it!! Since my hair is long it hardly stays up or holds but this totally held it up nd the smell was great!! The other plus was that the next day I went to shower Nd it left no residue or flakes!!!, which is a major must!! Althou I do recommend to use a cleaning shampoo cause my hair is different from everyone=) but loved it Nd recommend it

on 7/25/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess it depends on what you want from a hair spray; but, this isn't for me. There are a few good things: fine mist, doesn't weight hair down, dries quickly. However, I was looking for more staying power and a stronger hold. This is pretty expensive hairspray when Tresemme Two does just as good a job.

on 4/10/2011 8:20:00 PM

WOW! This review is for the Extra Body FIRM Finishing Spray, which won two readers choice awards for best hair spray. The BEST hairspray I've ever owned. My hair is fine and flat, getting thinner as I am aging, and this hairspray is a miracle. Turn head upside down, spray and then flip upright, spray final pieces in place and I've got gorgeous volume all day long. Love it!!!!! Buy it, You won't be sorry.

on 6/26/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a ok spray, it smells nice and gives a really strong hold. In the start (of the day) I also get some "volume-feeling" of this hold, even if it disappears a few houres later...

It is strong, and keeps your hair like you want it.

But it dos not give that magic volume it promeses. Therefore a overall rating of 3.

on 1/25/2010 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed with this product overall - first, the nozzle is clogged every morning & I have to scratch the buildup off in order to use it, it's been that way since the second time I used it - totally annoying! Second, I have stright hair with a stylized bob & I just use hairspray to set the style or tame fly aways - but this spray, when sprayed directly on the hair, creates separated 'sections' that almost make the hair look greasy. The only thing its useful for is making fly aways lay down - for that, I have to spray it on my hand & then quickly smooth the hair down. I would never buy this again, what a waste!

Popular Styling Products