Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant

Donna Karan  Cashmere Mist Deodorant

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: ALUMINUM ZICONIUM TETRACHLOROHYDREX GLY. OTHER INGREDIENTS: CYCLOMETHICONE, ALUMINUM ZICONIUM TETRACHLOROHYDREX GLY, STEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, PPG-14 BUTYL ETHER, DIMETHICONE, TALC, FRAGRANCE, CORN STARCH, POLYSACCARIDES, PEG-8 DISTERATE, SILICA, SQUALENE, SQUALANE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, GLYCOLIPIDS, PHYTOSTEROLS, LINOLEIC ACID, LINOLENIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALLANTOIN, BHT.

on 7/23/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't have a sweating problem, my sweat/odor level is about average, so I'm ok with typical antiperspirants. I've been using Dove for many years without issue.

I'd been wanting to try DKCM. I guess I was half expecting some super-product based on reviews here and elsewhere, and was ready to be let down, too.
SCENT: Love the scent, I own the CM EDP as well, it's just a great fragrance IMO. I get hints of it, but no more so than the Dove I was using.
FORMULA: Love how it goes on dry. There's no moisture to the formula, it's creamy and dry and it leaves under arms soft and dry right away. This helps with transfer on clothes, I think, as I had minimal transfer onto my darker tops. It's not chalky or clumpy at all. No irritation, either.
PERFORMANCE: I tested it the exact way I use any other antiperspirant: I put it on after a morning shower and went about my life for the next 2 days, walking the dog, mowing the lawn, errands, sex with my husband - no showering, but I did reapply here and there. By then, using Dove, my armpits would smell. And with the DKCM, 48 hours after applying, there's just the slightest hint of body odor. Negligible. And it's been warm and muggy here the last few days.

I'm seriously impressed. If it keeps working so well, I'll probably switch for good.

on 3/16/2016 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I found the scent very overpowering. I will not repurchase.

To Read all 124 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/28/2016 1:57:00 PM

I have been reading reviews on MA for many years. In fact before I buy a beauty product, I come here FIRST! Well I was given a gift card for $25 and knew I couldn't get much for that so I was thinking of what one item I have always wanted to try and then I remembered that this deodorant has a cult like following, so I decided to take the leap and try it!
I love the packaging, it feel substantial and solid.
The scent is very much musk and sandalwood, I have never tried the actual perfume and from the scent of this that may be a bit overpowering to ME.
The actual deodorant is very soft and goes on smooth, no tugging at my sensitive skin!
The fist week that I wore it I would catch a whiff of it here and there but now I don't even notice it.
It keeps me dry all day and some days I work a 14 hour day!
I LOVE this and even though it is $25 (which is why I took off a lippie for price) for deodorant, I can see myself wanting to re-buy this....often

on 12/7/2015 7:21:00 PM

Just awful! Yes, it smelled nice when I first got it, and throughout the day just a tiny whiff of the scent would appear, almost like a thought. I liked it!

Then after a few weeks the nice Cashmere Mist scent of the stick went away and the thing smelled like heavy baby oil.

Even worse, it did not work like a deodorant any more.

Get Secret Ooh-La-La Lavender instead and save many bucks, and keep from stinking.

on 10/24/2015 11:28:00 AM

I feel bad for giving this 1 lippie, because everyone seems to love it. But I honestly can't think of many good things to say about it... so 1 lippie it is.

I hate this deodorant. I cannot understand why other people love it so much. I guess our body chemistries are just really different? I hope this helps someone else save their money.

CONS:

1) Yes, this deodorant smells good on its own (fresh and powdery), but after just a few minutes on my skin, the smell changes and it's just bad! Just, sour and yuck :(
2) It doesn't offer ANY sweat protection in my experience. And I am not abnormally sweaty.
3) After a few hours, any odor protection it might offer goes away for me.
3) THIS IS THE WORST PART - I cannot get this stuff off my body in the shower. Body wash doesn't remove it. I scrub and scrub and scrub and a residue of this stuff is just still there. I have to use a body oil AND soap AND scrub my underarms with a washcloth to get it off :(
4) Expensive.

PROS:

1) It smells nice for the first two minutes.
2) The packaging is nice.

I used this maybe 10 times and I give up. It's going in the trash. I do not recommend this :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I struggle with sweat, yes I'm a girl and I am being open about it lol. Its horrible, especially if you are trying to stay fresh and clean all day, ESPECIALLLY in Southern California hot summers when you live a stressful life of two jobs and full time school. But this by far is the best deodorant I have used, all the drug store deodorants have nothing on this. It has a nice clean powdery scent to it. a little goes a long way! The packaging is very fancy and nice. You get SO MUCH for what you pay, it literally lasted me December through late May early June. I only swipe on once up and down on each underarm and it lasts me the whole day on a normal day. Its weird because you will feel like you'll start getting a little sweat and you touch your underarm and its powdery dry. Its great for on the go so on those humid hot days its great to take as a one time touch up, and it doesn't melt as easy as other deodorants. I hope this product will be the answer to your problems.

This is a fantastic, and fantastically expensive deodorant. I love the scent and the odor protection. It's also great becauses it caused zero irritation on my sensitive underarm area. It also lasted me longer than other deodorants. I did get bored with the scent (I'm a perfume hog) and couldn't justify the price so I won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this twice. I tend to sweat a lot and this helps keep me dry and also keep those annoying yellow stains underarms of white shirts tend to get. I didn't rate it a 5 because of the price and also because my one complaint is that it stains my dark tanks and strappy shirts/dresses under the arms and nothing gets it off! For now, I will not repurchase because I want to find something clear for summer, but this will definitely be my go to winter deodorant!

on 1/9/2015 4:25:00 PM

I bought in the hope it would be a great antiperspirant, and it sort of is. I liked it in the beginning and it did not make me smell at the end of the day, but after a while the scent started to become to strong for my liking. The scent is powdery sweet with a hint of musk, a bit ladylike if you can say. I guess I just prefer my perfume to be my scent and not the deodorant, plus for the price you can find better antiperspirant i my opinion.

on 12/15/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm always on the search for a good deodorant and antiperspirant. Gave this a whirl based on reviews. It works very, but would not recommend in the middle of summer. Scent is pleasant and soft. I can see why the younger reviewer think it smells like old lady, it's got some mature fragrance notes to it. Overall very pricey, but it a good deodorant.