Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant

Donna Karan  Cashmere Mist Deodorant

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: ALUMINUM ZICONIUM TETRACHLOROHYDREX GLY. OTHER INGREDIENTS: CYCLOMETHICONE, ALUMINUM ZICONIUM TETRACHLOROHYDREX GLY, STEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, PPG-14 BUTYL ETHER, DIMETHICONE, TALC, FRAGRANCE, CORN STARCH, POLYSACCARIDES, PEG-8 DISTERATE, SILICA, SQUALENE, SQUALANE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, GLYCOLIPIDS, PHYTOSTEROLS, LINOLEIC ACID, LINOLENIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALLANTOIN, BHT.

on 4/29/2018 11:31:00 AM

Yes, I would, and did, buy it again but then returned it - why? The price went up by $10! Huh?! Why?!

Statistically, luxury brands took a major hit this past year and suffered one of their worst economic years due to ... well, consumers becoming more intelligent. My point? Increasing the price for this deodorant wasn't the "thank you" customers deserved. I love/d this product and accepted the indulgence. Admittedly, as another user claimed, it lasts long but, as the price continues to increase, justifying $30+ on a deodorant is questionable when I can spend that same amount on other associated costs, such as a nice dinner and memorable experience. Of course, to each their own.

When/if I find it on sale (as some have mentioned) then, yes, I'll definitely repurchase it. But when our (already expensive) drug store sells it at $10+, I say, no thank you.... and wince. Because I love it :(

And then hate my contradicting self because I know I'm going to buy it again, and again, and hate myself every time because of the cost. Argh!

on 11/28/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've used this for about 5 years. It's a great product and I will continue to purchase. It just works well as both a deodorant and an anti-perspirant. The one con is that it does leave white marks inside of my clothes (90% of my wardrobe is black). However, it washes out well.

I don't love the smell of cashmere mist as a perfume and wouldnt wear it, but I do like this scent in a deodorant.

Price: $27. However, you can find it on sale - Nordstrom usually offers a deal for a pack of 3 during their sales, Sephora has their VIB/BI sales, and you can often find it at the cosmetic company outlet stores.

Works great and I buy it over and over again. I even buy it for my Mom. It is expensive though.

on 7/23/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A solid, fast drying deodorant that smells quite similar to Cashmere Mist EDP, which I love. It’s expensive but so worth it. One stick lasts me 10+ months. No clumping issues, it’s not a very moist formula. It lasts 24 hours easily and keeps my under arms dry. I’ve not experienced and transfer issues to my tops, and I wear mostly darker tops.
My go to for many years before this was the Dove 24 hour antiperspirant. DK is a drier formula whose protection lasts longer. I’m spending just about 27$ a year on antiperspirant using the DK. I love the scent and am on my second stick which is still almost full. Bought my first stick 16 months ago.

I highly recommend.

on 3/16/2016 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I found the scent very overpowering. I will not repurchase.

on 1/28/2016 1:57:00 PM

I have been reading reviews on MA for many years. In fact before I buy a beauty product, I come here FIRST! Well I was given a gift card for $25 and knew I couldn't get much for that so I was thinking of what one item I have always wanted to try and then I remembered that this deodorant has a cult like following, so I decided to take the leap and try it!
I love the packaging, it feel substantial and solid.
The scent is very much musk and sandalwood, I have never tried the actual perfume and from the scent of this that may be a bit overpowering to ME.
The actual deodorant is very soft and goes on smooth, no tugging at my sensitive skin!
The fist week that I wore it I would catch a whiff of it here and there but now I don't even notice it.
It keeps me dry all day and some days I work a 14 hour day!
I LOVE this and even though it is $25 (which is why I took off a lippie for price) for deodorant, I can see myself wanting to re-buy this....often

on 10/24/2015 11:28:00 AM

I feel bad for giving this 1 lippie, because everyone seems to love it. But I honestly can't think of many good things to say about it... so 1 lippie it is.

I hate this deodorant. I cannot understand why other people love it so much. I guess our body chemistries are just really different? I hope this helps someone else save their money.

CONS:

1) Yes, this deodorant smells good on its own (fresh and powdery), but after just a few minutes on my skin, the smell changes and it's just bad! Just, sour and yuck :(
2) It doesn't offer ANY sweat protection in my experience. And I am not abnormally sweaty.
3) After a few hours, any odor protection it might offer goes away for me.
3) THIS IS THE WORST PART - I cannot get this stuff off my body in the shower. Body wash doesn't remove it. I scrub and scrub and scrub and a residue of this stuff is just still there. I have to use a body oil AND soap AND scrub my underarms with a washcloth to get it off :(
4) Expensive.

PROS:

1) It smells nice for the first two minutes.
2) The packaging is nice.

I used this maybe 10 times and I give up. It's going in the trash. I do not recommend this :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I struggle with sweat, yes I'm a girl and I am being open about it lol. Its horrible, especially if you are trying to stay fresh and clean all day, ESPECIALLLY in Southern California hot summers when you live a stressful life of two jobs and full time school. But this by far is the best deodorant I have used, all the drug store deodorants have nothing on this. It has a nice clean powdery scent to it. a little goes a long way! The packaging is very fancy and nice. You get SO MUCH for what you pay, it literally lasted me December through late May early June. I only swipe on once up and down on each underarm and it lasts me the whole day on a normal day. Its weird because you will feel like you'll start getting a little sweat and you touch your underarm and its powdery dry. Its great for on the go so on those humid hot days its great to take as a one time touch up, and it doesn't melt as easy as other deodorants. I hope this product will be the answer to your problems.

This is a fantastic, and fantastically expensive deodorant. I love the scent and the odor protection. It's also great becauses it caused zero irritation on my sensitive underarm area. It also lasted me longer than other deodorants. I did get bored with the scent (I'm a perfume hog) and couldn't justify the price so I won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this twice. I tend to sweat a lot and this helps keep me dry and also keep those annoying yellow stains underarms of white shirts tend to get. I didn't rate it a 5 because of the price and also because my one complaint is that it stains my dark tanks and strappy shirts/dresses under the arms and nothing gets it off! For now, I will not repurchase because I want to find something clear for summer, but this will definitely be my go to winter deodorant!