66%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I'm on an eternal quest for volume :). This is very average in every way. I also am not a fan of the smell (imo, it's banana scented). I have tried many other brands and they felt the same as this (Chi & Big Sexy Hair are a couple). This doesn't make my hair greasy, which is nice, and my hair does get clean. I'll be using this up and my search continues.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

3 years ago

I picked this up because I wanted a moisturizing shampoo (yes) and heard this one was better for that than the actual moisture one. I usually don't spend a lot but I was getting overly dry with my other ones and even though I use really good deep conditioners, I thought maybe it was time for a nicer shampoo. I also need one that actually cleans, though. I don't have luck with sulfate free (at least not every time, maybe alternating) and I need something that can actually clean my scalp and buildup without drying my hair to death. I know a shampoo isn't going to fix the dryness, but I also thought the ingredients looked pretty good So I got this. As a shampoo it's not bad. I thought it cleaned ok, nothing will really get me build up free that doesn't kill my hair it seems, but it also didn't overly dry me out. So far so good. But the one thing I could not stand was the smell. Ugh It smells horrible, like a cheap sorority party. I can't stand that fake, sweet smell. I mean, it goes away, but I really dislike it. I also remember thinking if it was ok, I would get it during the liter sale but I wasn't impressed enough even aside from the smell. I mean it wasn't bad at all, just not WOW either. I noticed almost every time I used it, I had done a coconut oil soak before and that made my hair feel much better than it would have/did with the shampoo alone. But because I got the small one for closer to full price, I returned it and bought a liter of something else that was on sale. I just can't do the smell for 'average'. If it didn't smell bad, I might get this again on sale but the smell really does kill it for me. I think the one I got next (Sebastian Penetraitt) is just as good or better anyway.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

At first I liked it bc it smells good and did an ok job getting a little volume in my fine, limp hair. HOWEVER, I think I'm allergic to an ingredient bc I've had a large red and irritated flakey patch by my crown hairline.....I used a tea tree oil to help clear it up but now I'm weary

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

5 years ago

I read this was the same shampoo as the highly rated Elucence hydrating shampoo on Curlmart for just a few dollars more. Kenra makes Elucence so I thought why not since I didn't want to to order Elucence. And I really like this shampoo. I like it's light peachy scent and how it handles my fine wavy hair. does not weigh my hair down, no straw texture, and cleans gently. A win all around.

About reviewer (1595 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This is my all-time favorite shampoo and I equally love the matching conditioner. My hairdresser has used this on me for years and after drugstore shampoos just didn't work for me anymore, I decided to splurge and purchase this shampoo. Before I started using this, my hair was extremely dry and coarse feeling. I have long, thick, straight hair and it had become a frizzy, tangly mess. After the first use I noticed a difference. I don't necessarily use this for volume because my hair is already pretty thick, but the moisturizing benefits from it are amazing and became evident after the first use and have continued since finishing my first bottle. This shampoo isn't one that stops working after a few uses. I would definitely recommend this shampoo and in my opinion, it's worth the hefty price tag ($23 for the large bottle of shampoo and $31 for the conditioner at Ulta.) My hair has been totally transformed and is now silky, shiny, soft, and tangle-free. It also smells amazing! :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

This shampoo is great, leaves my hair feeling clean, not coated like some of the more pricey shampoos. The reason I'm giving my review though is because I finally figured out what Kenra shampoo smells like, it's Plumeria, the scent that bath and body works used to carry, it was the best scent bath and body works ever had in my opinion. Well that's my favorite thing about this shampoo, the plumeria scent.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I have personally purchased this shampoo several times and it has been my favorite volumizing shampoo that I have tried (and I would say I've tried over 10 shampoos trying to achieve thicker hair). I will say, I haven't been wedded to Kenra products for my entire life or anything like that. The stylist at the salon where I purchased it recommended it to me and I trusted her opinion so I picked it up and I am SO glad I did. The fragrance is like banana or bubble gum? I know that sounds weird but I enjoy it. I noticed in some other reviews that people mentioned tangling and frizzing and I could see how that might be possible if you didn't use a conditioner, but I always do since I have hair that reaches my lower back. I can feel the results of this shampoo even after getting out of the shower and I recommend it to everyone I know. I also have an oily scalp and this shampoo leaves it squeaky clean, literally! So pleased with this. The packaging is nothing special, just a silver bottle with black writing but don't let the boring appearance fool you.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan

EyesHazel

7 years ago

***My review for elucence moisture benefits shampoo*** When I first tried this shampoo I noticed that it seemed to be the exact same thing as kenra volumizing shampoo. Same smell, ingredients, color, consistency... It was almost strange. The liter bottles are even the same! Then I learned that elucence is manufactured by kenra. Guys, this is the exact same thing as kenra volumizing shampoo in a different bottle and for a much lower price. If you like it, buy this instead. Don't get ripped off with kenra products, elucence ones are the same.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I'm pretty disappointed with this shampoo. My mom has used Kenra for as long as I can remember, so I had high expectations for this shampoo. Maybe my expectations were too high, but for a $15 shampoo, I'm not satisfied. It left my hair very dry, tangled, and unmanageable. It was very difficult to comb through, and it had knots in it throughout the day. I'm contemplating returning this to Ulta because I honestly don't know if I want to continue using it. I'll try using more conditioner tomorrow and see how it goes. **edit** I gave it another shot, and I still don't like this shampoo. Made my hair feel really gross today. I guess I'll let my husband finish up the bottle and go back to Redken. 1.5/5 stars.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

EyesGreen

8 years ago

This isn't a bad shampoo at all, imo, I actually quite like it. But it definitely has a couple of cons as well as pros when it comes to how it works on my hair. I have long hair that has a natural loose curl/wave to it. It's prone to frizz and dryness without the right shampoo and/or conditioner, but it is in fairly healthy shape with the exception of just a few splits here and there at the tips. The positives I found with this shampoo are that it did add some volume, left my hair feeling soft, didn't irritate/make my scalp itch in the slightest, lathered very well and easily with just a small amount of product (contrary to what some others found), and I like the peachy smell (it doesn't linger so don't worry if you don't like it). The negatives I found were that it made my hair dull/lack shine, made my ends feel a tad rough/dry (but just the ends!), and it killed my natural waves/curls. I'll finish up my bottle of this shampoo and may possibly repurchase, but probably not. Ingredients: Water (Purified), Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Glycol Distearate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow 6

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure