Oxy Oxy 10 Acne Treatments

Oxy Oxy 10 Acne Treatments

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this for spot treatment. Would recommend to use a thick layer of the cream over just the affected area and only use it when you need it. It is very drying and causes flaking, so make sure to use a moisturizer to counteract that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't use it regularly, just for spot treatment for here and there. I forgot this for a long time and found it in my cabinet when I'm having a BAD breakout due to allergic reaction of castor oil in my shampoo. It really helped to dry it out. I use it in conjunction with BHA, and pimple patch to open up and draw out the pus.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is horrible. There is no other way to describe what it did to my skin. Oxy 10 was recommended to me by a makeup artist who came to my house to do a trial makeup session. She spent the whole time complaining about the very mild acne on my forehead and told me to go out and purchase oxy 10 and oxy face wash immediately. I used this product for a few nights until the face wash started to dry my skin out, so I stopped using the face wash and continued using my normal cleanser and moisturizer and finishing but dotting some oxy 10 on my spots before going to sleep. I woke up about 5 das ago with sore, red patches where the oxy 10 had been on my skin. I have a school formal tomorrow so I was distraught. I tried everything to calm it down and finally went to the doctor who told me they were actually chemical burns. Oxy 10 bleached my pyjama sleeve, it bleached my pillow case and it also burnt my skin. So no, I will never be using this product again and I will definitely not be recommending it to anyone. I threw it straight into the bin. I also plan to go in a different direction with my choice of makeup lady, I don't want her near my damaged skin. Please save your money, and your skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I mainly use this along my jaw line to get rid of the stubborn pimples I get along there. Unfortunately my skin reacts to it and becomes really itchy. I find that towards the end of the day I'm scratching my jawline like crazy and end up with a big red rash. People will think I'm crazy but I continue to use it twice a day because I can't remember the last time I seen my skin this clear, that the itchiness it causes me is worth it. It really stops the pimple from growing and getting any bigger. I've tried everything under the sun from expensive products to cheap, changed my diet, tried all natural stuff, tried detoxes, teas, pills you name it. I usually don't like using harsh chemicals on my skin but having bad skin for the past year, you just get to a point where you will try anything. I highly recommend this product but only for those who can handle it. It will dry your skin out! It does go flaky! The ingredients are not good for your skin! And it gets itchy! This is not a product I would use everyday for a long period of time. I'm hoping to stop using it in a month if my skin keeps up the good work and then use it as I need.

on 6/19/2015 11:26:00 PM

Have been using oxy5 and 10 for some 23 years. Also tried neutrogena and Clinique one, both are 2.5% BP, which I found ineffective, not efficient enough.

With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I could tell my 20-year-old self to, among other things, stick with oxy 10, or any 10% BP, and kill off the acne as quick as possible, and forget about the drying or the peeling . The damage a bad acne can do is permanent , while the dryness / skin peeling is so transient . Those scars, pitted or indented will take forever to heal, if it heals at all. Sometimes even laser treatment won't help.

The goal is to kill acne off as quick as possible,to minimize the damage that could do. I put not an insubstantial amount right on the acne and rub the cream in for a while( if you have time, 5 mins ) . And put another thick layer on it, leave it on as long as I could, sometimes Overnight.

I still have a few acne here and there every month around that time. I now mix oxy 10 with a toner ( any toner) at 1:4, to dilute it as roughly 2.5% toner , and pat that on face every night, for a few days before that time. I can successfully stop the acne popping up at all.

I wish I can tell my 20-year-old self to mix the toner , and put that on everyday and nite to kill those acne bacteria , to prevent them from poppin up at all.

For persistent acne, go try accutane. I did that in my late 20s, which I should have done that at 20. I am left with 8/9 pitted scars on each of my cheek from the breakouts. And even 5 laser treatments won't help.

on 12/18/2015 8:10:00 PM

This acne banishing product is amazing, although the prescription said use maximum twice a day, i used it like numerous times as my skin is quite moist and oily (depends on what skin type you are). My routine include masking my face with store rice powder every morning at 6AM, before shower to eliminate skin inflammation as it soothes and fades the scars. Mind you, the rice powder must be thick consistency when you apply it on your face and leave it till it's dry, after that don't wash off just yet...take a gentle amount of water and scrub the mask gently on the face especially on the affected area. After it clears when you finished your shower, wipe your face and leave the pimple dry in a few minute. Lastly applied the oxy gel cream on the affected areas. *mind you- i applied it thick and numerous times. This clearing off regime is very effective and it clears off dramatically in just 5 days. :D

on 3/26/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did not work
Tried using as spot treatment..did nothing but make skin fragile and peel
Used pro active plus 2.5%BP and worked much better

on 4/30/2014 9:14:00 AM

I use this product for general spots before, but I never used it constantly so I hadn't seen much difference. I have just started using this again after getting a horrendous break out after applying lemon juice.... I got spots all over my face. I have started only applying it once a day, as the instructions state and will maybe start applying twice per day for any extra difficult spots. There has been no pain/ or rashes for me. No itching or no burning. I have not had any peeling yet, but it may still come. My spots (whiteheads) are just going. Unfortunately I cannot give this product 5 stars as it seems to do nothing for blackheads.

You have to be aware that this product has peroxide in it and those who are smothering it all over their face are going to get no benefit from that. I use the tiniest pea size amount and rub it in as necessary.

on 6/17/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far the best acne treatment I have ever used. I have repurchased it a couple times. It will dry out your pimples and calm them down dramatically. It can be really drying though, so if you have dry skin, beware. I pile it on before I go to bed, and the next morning, the pimple will not be completely gone, but, it will be 10 times better than it was the night before. It is definitely worth the money, it is better than the origins super spot remover, and much better value! recommend!!

on 6/6/2014 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Best pimple treatment ever! Used this for years and it works! Affordable too. Buy it!

Only cons is that it may make your skin peel if you apply too often :(