CLINIQUE Eye Defining Duo in Cashew

3.5

on 4/23/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It was a great starter set for experimenting with Clinique products and I really love the brown shade for smoking up my eyes a tad. The beige shade is just all right, so I tend to use shades from other sets instead.

This set was great initially back a few years ago when I first purchased it, now almost completely empty, but I wouldn't buy another. No good reason to do so.

on 12/17/2005 6:08:00 PM

I hate the beige shadow in this.. so matte and boring! I never use it. The dark chocolate brown shade on the other hand, I have used a long time as a liner. I believe it's supposed to be worn like that: beige on lid and brown as liner. But since I found out I look better without liner I stopped using this and now it's practically useless. Ahwell, I'm saving it for whenever I decide to use liner again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Matte neutral/beige/tan and dark brown that I got as a gwp. Like it's been said below, the beige/tan shade is almost invisible going on, but it can even out color for another shade application. I like the brown as liner and shadow. I paired this duo with a bit of white shimmer shadow on the inner corners of the eyes to give them some oomph, and the results are quite nice. The shadows are good quality, and finely milled, but just too plain for me to repurchase from Clinique. I can get similar shades for less, and save my Clinique purchases for better shades.

on 2/14/2005 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this duo, but totally agree that the lighter shade would do better with some shimmer in it, like their beige shimmer ES. Then it would be perfect! I personally love the liner - it goes on natural-looking and stays on all day.

on 1/10/2005 4:09:00 PM

This is a lovely product. The eye shadow is matte beige and a great base color. The brown liner is very wearable as it is kinda greyed brown and does not make me look like I have been crying. However this liner is too soft. If it would be a really good liner it would be more hard textured and work better with water than it does now.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My first reaction was the packaging. I've known clinique to have some of the best, but the hinges on this look like they are going to break! The colors look great in the palete but they were really different on my face. I like the light color but the dark one is more of a gray-brown than anything. The applicators are nice, but the stuff doesn't come off too well. One of the lower end clinique producuts if you ask me. It's not bad.. but just not what I expected.

Recieved this as a GWP. I found the color to be very natural, but almost so natural that you couldn't see it on. The liner color is nice as a liner, or as an eyeshadow as well. The beiger of the two gives a soft matte finish. Alright, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/14/2004 1:08:00 PM

the best part of the duo is the darker liner color and the liner applicator brush - the color builds up nicely. the lighter of the 2 colors looks flat/muddy on my eyes, but i'll continue to use the liner part.