Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

3.3

on 11/2/2012 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm one of the few lovers of rose scent as it seems most people don't care for them -- I like rose fragrances in most all its forms (soft, fresh, sweet, oriental, chypre, arabian, leather, smoky).

This, to my nose, is more of an intoxicating, sweet, feminine, powdery, slightly soapy scent (the rosewood & geranium lends it a Ivory soap aroma) than it is a true rose fragrance. The rose note is there but it is not very distinct.

Rosewood, vetiver, geranium, ylang-ylang, cedar, honey, cinnamon and orris root are more discernible in this perfume than is the note of rose.

on 8/2/2010 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Lovely, demure fragrance! There is an initial strong alcohol smell ( I guess it's the aldehydes) but then the sweet rose with a slight powdery note emerges. I always associate rose fragrances with soft and romantic and this definitely falls within this category. It is ideal to wear either with a cashmere sweater on a cold day or with a long, boho dress ( or even a 50s full skirt) in the summer. I wouldn't call it "mature" but rather girly and flirtatious. Good lasting power and not too overwhelming to wear even during the day. Although, it is not spectacular, I would find a good use for a full bottle of this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I agree whole-heartedly with Magnificent- it does smell like "Lutece"- that's why I don't care for it. The rose really did get left in the shadows on this one. Much too musky on my skin as well.

Popular Fragrances