REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick (All Shades)

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick (All Shades)

4.2

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Paraffin, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 49020), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470)

I love the Revlon Lustrous Lipstick I can’t understand why people don’t like it.

It is a little creamy, but it is not going to come off during the day, just in the middle so it is easy to reapply it.Of course if you are eating some oily stuff it will. I do not get what people want nowadays! Should it last for the next 10days? What ingredients are harmful etc. We don’t know, and sometimes I think they don’t know, they use it to get some sales because nobody want's to buy the old stuff, the same as with electric cars, etc.

Anyway, back to the lipstick, there is absolutely nothing to complain about! It has a broad shade range you will find your shade! Some of them you like others you don’t. I love blue eyeshadow does that mean that all the brown eyeshadows are bad no!

Pros:

Great price
They are fragrance- and flavor-free, haha, who cares? I love the scent of essential oil, fruit, etc. some might not... that's okay... I never got any bad reaction from a fruit scent etc.. -.-
Can compete with high-end products like MAC! (Are they the same?! Maybe same supplier.)
Broad shade range
Gorgeous Packaging

Cons:

Not Trendy

I been using this lipstick for years . It's not long lasting it doesn't last through a meal but . It lasts three hours after drinking from a can . I like the cream finishes more than the pearl ones . The only shade in the pearl finish I like is goldpearl plum . I only get them when there's a sale . I have 2 in my purse right now .

on 3/10/2019 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really disappointed with the Super Lustrous color selection. I liked the formulation (creamy, moisturizing, unscented) and price (4.97 USD) of these lipsticks, and wanted to find some to love, but I found the majority of the shades to be too warm, too brown, or too bright. This line unfortunately isn’t geared towards cool complexions (fair with pink undertones).

I’ve worn Maybelline lipsticks for years and never had a difficult time finding flattering shades. Maybelline has a superb selection of cool pinks, reds, and plums/berries that aren’t garishly bright. My favorite Color Sensational shades are Pink Wink, Plum Paradise, Summer Sunset, and Ruby Star on Summer Sunset. I’m loving Plum Paradise lately, a beautiful, cool, plummy red with a touch of pink and brown. I have rosy-ish pigmented lips and like non-matte lipsticks with a little sparkle or sheen, so all of these shades work really well for me. I don’t wear much makeup, so I don’t like super pigmented, loud lipsticks. I’ve found the glossier, sheerer formulation of the Color Sensationals makes them very easy to wear, but they’re not too sheer and still have good color payoff.

My only complaints that drove me to look elsewhere are sometimes the floral/bumblegum scent is too strong and bothersome... and the color wear time could be longer. But mainly it's the fragrance. I REALLY wish Maybelline would make their lipsticks unscented like the Revlon SLs.

I tried 8 Super Lustrous shades and only found 2 I somewhat like:

The No’s:
Sassy Mauve - close to a MLBB but too warm and brown
Plumalicious - too brown
Wine With Everything pearl - too warm/orange
Cherry Blossom - too warm/orange
Cherries in the Snow - still too warm, too bright
Fuchsia Fusion - cooler than Cherries in the Snow, but still too bright. Not easily wearable like the fuchsias in the discontinued Lip Butters.

The only 2 shades I’m keeping are Iced Amethyst and Rum Raisin, although Rum Raisin is still browner than I’d like and Iced Amethyst can pull very purple in certain lightings and look a little dead/oxygen-deprived once it’s wearing off. I like Iced Amethyst best when freshly applied, in lighting where it’s not super purple and more of the red tones show.

I was hoping Iced Amethyst and Rum Raisin would be good dupes for Plum Paradise and Summer Sunset, but they’re not... Rum Raisin is close but significantly browner than Summer Sunset, and Iced Amethyst is waay more purple than Plum Paradise. I couldn’t find any SL dupes for Pink Wink or Ruby Star.

So the search for Maybelline alternatives continues...

on 2/3/2019 9:01:00 PM

This collection is wonderful. There are mattes, creams, sheers, and pearls (that I've seen), in a wide range of colors. The sheers are so comfortable and slippy. I reapply the sheers frequently because the staying power is similar to a gloss. The pearls have a beautiful sheen and pigmentation. The cremes and mattes wear similarly on me but the cremes are a little more comfortable. The pearls, cremes, and mattes have decent staying power, on par with higher end brands.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love these, they are beautiful colours and go on great. They normally last a few hours for me, especially if I apply two coats. The packaging isn't great looking, but that's no biggie. The only thing is I find the lid loosens after a while and can fall off in my bag.

on 12/9/2018 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like the formula of these lipstick. It is creamy and not drying. I have warm undertone light skin. I prefer the creme finishes. I own and love rose velvet, teak rose, mauvy night, rum raisin and love is on. The ones that I dislike are plum baby, pink in the afternoon, bare affair, and pink velvet. Plum baby has pearl finish and looks cheap on my lips. Pink in the afternoon is a cool toned which does not look good on me. Bare affair is too light for my skin tone.

on 9/22/2018 5:24:00 AM

I am on a quest to start collecting them . I only like the cream range . I bought sandalwood beige and bare affair . I had tried the lipsticks ten years back and they were not as good as they are now. Right amount of creaminess and Oilinesss, non drying , nice colors , sturdy packaging, no scent, ... good pigmentation .. everything is done right.

on 7/20/2018 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used these since high school, and they are honestly better (IMO) that a lot of the higher end lipsticks I own. They last a long time, there's a great color selection and they are creamy and comfortable on the lips. I always for some reason forget about them and then go back and say why do I spend the extra money on expensive lipsticks, when these are just as good, if not better :) Champagne on Ice is one of my favorites. I am glad that they did away with the fragrance though, that used to be a bit overpowering

on 6/30/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These babies are the best you'll find in the drugstore, and they're better than a LOT of higher end lipsticks too. Not on the level of MAC or Bite -- but for this price, they don't need to be. My experience is that most of the shades in this line are more flattering for neutral to cool undertones, but when I find one that works for my light yellow, slightly olive skin, I never stop buying it. Toast of New York and Really Red (sadly discontinued) are my favorites that I've bought, used up and rebought over and over again. I've also tried Coralberry, Teak Rose, Blushing Mauve, Black Cherry, Pink in the Afternoon, Rose Velvet, Rich Girl Red and Fire and Ice. Except for Black Cherry, which is one of the worst lipsticks I've ever tried, all of them have been good quality and solid choices, even if they weren't my forever colors.

These are extremely practical lipsticks -- no fragrance, clear tops so you can tell them apart at a glance, and labeled matte, cream, shine or frost on the packaging. A++

And the history! That 50's glamor vibe! Just try to put on Fire and Ice without picturing the Dorian Leigh ad campaign -- it can't be done! Emotionally, these lipsticks always make me feel elegant and ladylike.

Cons: The tops tend to come off in bags and lose their ability to snap closed over time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Something about this formula doesn't sit well on my lips. It is indeed very lustrous and glides on the lips easily, but it's also kind of grainy and patchy at times. It's passable, but it's not quite up to par with most of my other lipsticks, especially mid-range/luxury ones. The price point is nice and there are some really beautiful colors in the range, though, so it's always worth checking out.