4.2

$8.49 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

Revlon as a brand is synonymous with classic. On all fronts, over the years, Revlon has consistently brought products to the market that stand up to the contemporary quality of department store makeup yet demonstrate the type of solidity that withstands the test of time and consistently aims to revolutionize the way we look at beauty. In an array of classic makeup from the brand in its long history, the Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks are no different. Standing in pure quality to most department store lipsticks (even at drugstore prices at places like Target, Wal-Mart or Walgreens), these lipsticks not only have luxurious, weighty packaging--the likes of which you might find at Macy's or Sephora--but they also have a look, finish and texture to compete with the best. This product has most definitely withstood the test of time, being formally introduced to and popularized in the beauty world in 1940. (In comparison, most brands today launched in the late 90s/early 2000s).These lipsticks are precisely the original range of lipsticks that inspired the existence of so many other lines of lipstick since then and even today. The extensive range of shades and colors from browns to plums and berries, from reds to oranges, from pinks to nudes remains as impressive today as it ever was. There are still shades in existence that are still equally popular now as they were once upon a time. It is worth noting that Revlon was in fact once a department store brand and thus you are receiving pure value for your purchase. That the quality and range of this product continues to stand up against today's brands is the truest testament to its stature. Over the years since its inception, this line of lipstick has continually brought in new shades, colors, finishes, textures and even subcategories of lines of lipstick/lip gloss that keep up wonderfully with the ongoing trends of the moment. But nevertheless there remains classic shades from the likes of the 40s, 50s, 70s and 90s that both beauty enthusiasts and the everyday makeup wearer can appreciate and enjoy. In this way, you can enjoy a popular relic of the past that is still popular today (which of course signals that it's that phenomenal) and also stay on trend with their latest that match up to lipsticks from other industry leaders. Revlon carries my favorite go-to lipsticks and my favorite lipsticks from the drugstore. While MAC makes my favorite lipsticks of all time, I have found that MAC lipsticks tend to be bolder for my everyday than I prefer. Revlon lipsticks are both bold enough and subtle enough in color, finish and texture that it both looks great and subtle enough in my everyday life and still great for photographs. I use my Revlon lipsticks on an everyday basis unlike any other brand with the exception of a few MAC neutrals. My favorites are Brazilian Tan, Mink, Honey Bare, Pink Cognito, Cherries in the Snow (an oldie and a goodie), Sandalwood Beige, Black Cherry (classic), Primrose, Siren (classic), Pink Truffle, Va Va Violet (classic), Blushing Nude, Rose Velvet, Chocolicious and many more. I have found that Revlon lipsticks are simply classic, wearable shades for the everyday woman to still be bold, bright and beautiful. These are the lipsticks I grab without thought, swipe on with the most ease, and walk out the door without needing to further finesse the shade to blend in and hold up which is a little unheard of with many of my other brands of lipsticks. Being a go-to lipstick means there is no fuss and the product works with me. The packaging is so easy and such a treat to own. Most of the shades available work easily on my lips and blend in beautifully with my skin (also unheard of). The formula, with vitamins and ingredients that make it apply very creamy, smooth, comfortable, plush and rich, is a pleasure. I value their shade range because it is the most classically done lipstick range I have seen period. These shades complement the vast array of skin tones without any additional finesse and are classic shades that are never too much but just right. This product is superior in comparison to other lip products as these shades come in natural colors and undertones that are more earthy and not leaning more bold and editorial as many other shades available these days, making it a pure gem. While Revlon does carry more bolder colors and formulas and even introduces several bolder colors to the Superlustrous line, what I believe makes this line of lipstick so classic in comparison to so many others is that they create astonishing shades that the everyday woman can wear and stand out and look beautiful without doing too much. From the classic look on the lips to the lux packaging, from the plush, higher end formula to the affordable pricing, from the rich, longstanding history to the fun, trendy ongoing additions to the line, from the wearability to its astonishing beauty, Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks shines brightly and we hope it will forever.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Medium

1.0

8 months ago

I have read hundreds of reviews and watched plenty of youtube reviews about this classic product. Spicy cinnamon, Rose Velvet, Rum Raisin, Teak Rose. None had any pigmentation unless i passed over lips 10 times, Color is not vivid and due to all the oils in formula, color slides around while speaking. Wear time is maybe 45 min.Does not cover my NC 20 mauve lips appreciably. I don't understand the love for this lipstick unless you are looking for a lip balm sheer color. There is a reason these are drugstore. Milani regular lipstick is much more pigmented, lasts longer and cheaper. These are 8.99 regular price and not worth it. The only good thing is the moisturizing quality. Revlon needs to spend some money to make these more pigmented. Am so disappointed. Don't waste your money or time with these. I use Teak Rose nail polish regularly for my toes . Teak Rose lipstick is supposed to be browned rose and is so on my toes but turns sheer magenta on my lips. Why?

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I love the Revlon Lustrous Lipstick I can’t understand why people don’t like it. It is a little creamy, but it is not going to come off during the day, just in the middle so it is easy to reapply it.Of course if you are eating some oily stuff it will. I do not get what people want nowadays! Should it last for the next 10days? What ingredients are harmful etc. We don’t know, and sometimes I think they don’t know, they use it to get some sales because nobody want's to buy the old stuff, the same as with electric cars, etc. Anyway, back to the lipstick, there is absolutely nothing to complain about! It has a broad shade range you will find your shade! Some of them you like others you don’t. I love blue eyeshadow does that mean that all the brown eyeshadows are bad no! Pros: Great price They are fragrance- and flavor-free, haha, who cares? I love the scent of essential oil, fruit, etc. some might not... that's okay... I never got any bad reaction from a fruit scent etc.. -.- Can compete with high-end products like MAC! (Are they the same?! Maybe same supplier.) Broad shade range Gorgeous Packaging Cons: Not Trendy https://youtu.be/ACLFRu4_VUM

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I been using this lipstick for years . It's not long lasting it doesn't last through a meal but . It lasts three hours after drinking from a can . I like the cream finishes more than the pearl ones . The only shade in the pearl finish I like is goldpearl plum . I only get them when there's a sale . I have 2 in my purse right now .

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

2.0

a year ago

Really disappointed with the Super Lustrous color selection. I liked the formulation (creamy, moisturizing, unscented) and price (4.97 USD) of these lipsticks, and wanted to find some to love, but I found the majority of the shades to be too warm, too brown, or too bright. This line unfortunately isn’t geared towards cool complexions (fair with pink undertones). I’ve worn Maybelline lipsticks for years and never had a difficult time finding flattering shades. Maybelline has a superb selection of cool pinks, reds, and plums/berries that aren’t garishly bright. My favorite Color Sensational shades are Pink Wink, Plum Paradise, Summer Sunset, and Ruby Star on Summer Sunset. I’m loving Plum Paradise lately, a beautiful, cool, plummy red with a touch of pink and brown. I have rosy-ish pigmented lips and like non-matte lipsticks with a little sparkle or sheen, so all of these shades work really well for me. I don’t wear much makeup, so I don’t like super pigmented, loud lipsticks. I’ve found the glossier, sheerer formulation of the Color Sensationals makes them very easy to wear, but they’re not too sheer and still have good color payoff. My only complaints that drove me to look elsewhere are sometimes the floral/bumblegum scent is too strong and bothersome... and the color wear time could be longer. But mainly it's the fragrance. I REALLY wish Maybelline would make their lipsticks unscented like the Revlon SLs. I tried 8 Super Lustrous shades and only found 2 I somewhat like: The No’s: Sassy Mauve - close to a MLBB but too warm and brown Plumalicious - too brown Wine With Everything pearl - too warm/orange Cherry Blossom - too warm/orange Cherries in the Snow - still too warm, too bright Fuchsia Fusion - cooler than Cherries in the Snow, but still too bright. Not easily wearable like the fuchsias in the discontinued Lip Butters. The only 2 shades I’m keeping are Iced Amethyst and Rum Raisin, although Rum Raisin is still browner than I’d like and Iced Amethyst can pull very purple in certain lightings and look a little dead/oxygen-deprived once it’s wearing off. I like Iced Amethyst best when freshly applied, in lighting where it’s not super purple and more of the red tones show. I was hoping Iced Amethyst and Rum Raisin would be good dupes for Plum Paradise and Summer Sunset, but they’re not... Rum Raisin is close but significantly browner than Summer Sunset, and Iced Amethyst is waay more purple than Plum Paradise. I couldn’t find any SL dupes for Pink Wink or Ruby Star. So the search for Maybelline alternatives continues...

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

This collection is wonderful. There are mattes, creams, sheers, and pearls (that I've seen), in a wide range of colors. The sheers are so comfortable and slippy. I reapply the sheers frequently because the staying power is similar to a gloss. The pearls have a beautiful sheen and pigmentation. The cremes and mattes wear similarly on me but the cremes are a little more comfortable. The pearls, cremes, and mattes have decent staying power, on par with higher end brands.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

Love these, they are beautiful colours and go on great. They normally last a few hours for me, especially if I apply two coats. The packaging isn't great looking, but that's no biggie. The only thing is I find the lid loosens after a while and can fall off in my bag.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I really like the formula of these lipstick. It is creamy and not drying. I have warm undertone light skin. I prefer the creme finishes. I own and love rose velvet, teak rose, mauvy night, rum raisin and love is on. The ones that I dislike are plum baby, pink in the afternoon, bare affair, and pink velvet. Plum baby has pearl finish and looks cheap on my lips. Pink in the afternoon is a cool toned which does not look good on me. Bare affair is too light for my skin tone.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I am on a quest to start collecting them . I only like the cream range . I bought sandalwood beige and bare affair . I had tried the lipsticks ten years back and they were not as good as they are now. Right amount of creaminess and Oilinesss, non drying , nice colors , sturdy packaging, no scent, ... good pigmentation .. everything is done right.

About reviewer (541 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I have used these since high school, and they are honestly better (IMO) that a lot of the higher end lipsticks I own. They last a long time, there's a great color selection and they are creamy and comfortable on the lips. I always for some reason forget about them and then go back and say why do I spend the extra money on expensive lipsticks, when these are just as good, if not better :) Champagne on Ice is one of my favorites. I am glad that they did away with the fragrance though, that used to be a bit overpowering

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age36-43