3.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

8 months ago

To get right to the point, this product made my lashes as crispy and crunchy as dry cornflakes. And then flaked off.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2.0

a year ago

Glad so many enjoy this but sad I am not one. i waa hoping to find a great waterproof mascara. This flaked and smudgwd under eyes within a couple hrs. Nope. Not waterproof either for me.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

I used Maybelline Full and Soft in non-waterproof version and loved how it looked. Unfortunately, my sensitive eyes were not able to coop with it in the long run, so I decided to try the waterproof formula. Pros: - it gives exactly the same look as non-waterproof version - very defined lashes with ZERO clumps; - the lashes are as soft to the touch as in the original formula; - to color is blackest black, darker than non-waterproof; - it won't go off from crying or dip in the lake. Cons: - it flakes! Starting from two-hour mark even in a dry climate you'll have mascara flakes all the way around your eyes. The non-waterproof formula doesn't flake at all; - it smears, the non-waterproof formula doesn't; - it's very difficult to take it off. It goes off in tiny flakes and some of those flakes while being non-visible gather under my eyes in the morning. No matter how hard I try to remove it all; - my sensitive eyes are sensitive to it as much as to the original formula. It's not a good mascara.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I keep coming back to this for an everyday mascara look. Holds a curl and feels like nothing. (So many mascaras that help hold a curl are waxy/crunchy feeling!). Won't give a false lash effect, but it's perfect for me. I've lost track of how many tubes I've purchased--always need one on hand.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I personally love this mascara. It's a gem for a drugstore brand. It makes my lashes extremely long and natural looking. Lashes are soft and not crunchy. The size of the brush is perfect for top and bottom. Love using with my tweezerman curler. :)

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

TLDR: My HG waterproof mascara. Pass it up if you want something that's going to really volumize but if you want something gentle that'll stay on through sweat, blood, tears, and a trip to the beach, this is it. One of my favorite things about summer season experimenting with waterproof eye makeup. This was recommended to me a few years ago as a cheap and effective waterproof mascara and boy howdy we've been together ever since. It's not anything super innovative or spectacular: it lengthens OK, and you can build it up a couple coats if you really need volume. The selling point to me was that it just works. I've tried it at the pool, at the lake, at the beach, Saving Private Ryan, allergy season... As long as you don't forcibly rub your eyes, it should wear just fine. It comes off pretty easily with eye makeup remover and/or a good facewash, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. No matter what latest "regular" mascara I try, I always keep a tube of this in my bag. Definitely recommend trying.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

Argh! After ELF decided to "change the formula" of my HG every day $3 mineral mascara to a horrible, goopy formula - I had to find something else. I've read all the great MUA reviews for this mascara (and the non-waterproof) so I picked it up. I've only been wearing this for three days - I love the natural look and it coats my lashes perfectly - but every single day since wearing this - my eyes and contacts have been bothering the living daylights out of me :( The only thing I can think of that is different is this new mascara :( I even had old contacts and switched to new contacts to make sure it wasnt my conteacts.... and i still have issues. Love the look of this and how it applies, but my eyes seem to be allergic to something in this. Ironically, this is the first Maybelline mascara I've ever used. One of my students had a horrible allergic reaction to the Maybellineink bottle Great Lash formula -- so I find it odd that I too, cannot wear Maybelline on my lashes. CoverGirl I've had for years with no issues, so it may be something Maybelline usesn their formula. However, I do love Maybelline's lipsticks! Back to CG mascara and the drawing board....

About reviewer (435 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I wanted to enhance my lashes without the obvious mascara look, and the only kind that ever did that (wayyy back in the day) was Physician's Formula's Lash in a Tube. This had been on my list to try but always got pushed to the bottom due to the extra hype of all the new mascaras that are always being churned out. This is the perfect mascara for "no makeup makeup" days acting like a "my lashes but better" and fulfills its claims of leaving lashes soft and natural looking with subtle volume at the base. Formula is dry, but two coats builds easily without clumping (3 or more starts getting the traditional mascara look) and lasted through my work out with no flaking. Doesn't hold a curl that well, but I've just learned to live with the standard Asian lashes I've been born with.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

Love this! Such a great price! Don't let "soft" full you in title. Goes on thick and not clumpy! Wears well all day. Dupe: UD Perversion (whicheese clumped a tad more). Put each on one eye. Subtle difference.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways! This is a high-quality mascara for a wallet-friendly price. I love that the formula is thin so you never have to worry about clumps or spider lashes, no matter how many coats you apply. Plus, it's easy to remove despite the fact that it won't budge all day, even if I sweat. I will continue to buy this for as long as they make it (which I hope is for the rest of my life, considering how hard it is to find the perfect mascara).

About reviewer (272 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm