Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

Avene  Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin
Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 11/2/2016 12:23:00 PM

The best cleanser I tried. A bit expensive, but a small drop really goes a long way because the formula is very thick. I like it very much and will repurchase time and time again.

Expensive but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser. I had terrible skin, my doctor put me on a few medications but they didn't seem to work so I purchased this and it cleared my skin up so amazing, during my recent pregnant it kept my skin sane! It's expensive but lasts a long time. I love it.

To Read all 381 Reviews, Login or Join

Background: NC20ish skin. Oily-combination skin that's turning more sensitive and acne-prone as I age.
My skin has been freaking out after I finished a round of antibiotics for an allergic cough. Also, stress, poor eating habits and lack of sleep aren't helping, either. Breakouts left, right and center. Nothing seems to be helping. I used to wash my face with the Dr. Woods black soap during my clear-faced days but I ran out and it's been out of stock in the store for so long. I remember finishing a sample bottle of this before and liking it so decided to purchase the full-sized bottle. I like the scent, and for the first couple of weeks, it seemed to calm my skin down but then the breakouts returned and it seemed to stop working/helping. I'm now using it as a body wash instead and I like it better for that. Expensive for the price though so will not repurchase.

When Bioderma discontinued my HG Hydrabio Cleansing Mousse I was so angry. Nothing cleansed my skin as incredibly well as it did. I'm allergic to SLS/SLES, and most effective cleansers do contain that ingredient. This luckily doesn't. I have breakout prone skin with large pores so I need something really effective, but non-comedogenic. I've tried many various cleansers, but most of them didn't cleanse well enough.
This does the job very well. Doesn't leave an unpleasant residue, nor make my skin feel tight or dry. Not a fan of the smell, but I can let it pass. Also, it's really cheap where I live (around 5 euros for 200ml).

EDIT: I've bought new tube of this product a week ago and it gave me an allergic reaction! I realized that they changed the formula- so I won't repurchase it again. Why try to fix something that's working well? :(( So disappointed!

Avene's Cleansing Gel doesn't leave the skin feeling dry at all, and it leaves the skin feeling very comfortable, sort of like you've just rinsed your face with clear water. I guess that would be a good thing if you are looking for gentle cleansers, and not so good if you are looking to clean off excess makeup residue and whatnot.

I use this cleanser only at night, because it is so gentle and basic I would use the cleanser to wash my face first with my hands, and then I would combine it with Foreo Luna Mini to ensure my make up is washed off completely.

Other than the gentleness of the cleanser, I don't see much difference in the improvement of skin. It says it is for oily and blemish-prone skin, but I don't think it helps very much with blemishes.

Conclusion:
This cleanser is very suitable for individuals with sensitive skin who seeks gentle cleansers. But for people like me, who often breaks out and has excess sebum, this cleanser is just a bit too gentle.

Check out other reviews in full at my blog! http://bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca/

on 7/7/2016 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

lets talk about my skin: i have very sensitive skin thats prone to acne and breakout. i'm combination but more on the dry side.

so this cleanser is just AMAZING !! to be short, its the perfect cleanser. its without soap, gentle enough for my very sensitive skin, and even gentle for around my eyes which is the most sensitive of my skin. some people may find it a bit drying, but i don't feel it that way even though i have dry skin.

it does leave my skin very clean and fresh. go ahead and give this a try, i'm sure you gonna love it. its hypoallergenic and non comedogenic.

NOTE: sometimes like today, i'm on my period and welcome those small bumps on my forehead, nose and cheeks, what i do is i cover my face my hot-warm face towel for about 60seconds to open my pores and then i put some cleanser on my hands and rub it gently all over my face. then i leave it there for about 5mns, next i take back towel which i wet again with hot-warm water and very gently do some circular motions on my forehead, chin, nose and cheeks (kinda exfoliate those bumps) and then i rince with cold water to close my pores. that works just amazingly!!!!!! i can see the difference by the way after i rinse my face. it felt clean and smooth.
i'm not buying face scrub anymore (which was difficult to find one thats gentle enough for my very sensitive skin), this technique is what i'm doing to exfoliate my skin a least twice a week with or without the cleanser. i wish i could show you guys a pic of before and after. my skin is now soooooo glowy and clear after only about 3 weeks.

**i also use the triacneal expert and the hydrance cream and love them both.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This cleanser is comparable to bioderma sebium gel. This leaves cleaner feeling because there's no residue after you rinse it off. This foams up better when I put it on foreo luna rather than straight on the face. As for long term effect, there's none yet apart from a good cleansing property. I'm interested in bioderma as it claims to prevent clog pores. Haven't seen anything either yet as I only use it twice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I actually have repurchase this over and over and over again for 5 years leaves your skin fresh and smooth. feels a lil bit tight but I have really oily skin so with my hydrance moisturizer works perfectly. it reduced my breakouts a lot so its just wonderful

on 5/17/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this with a +50% offer and I have a 300ml bottle. I love the smell of it and it is an excellent face cleanser (my all time favorite is Vichy Normaderm, but this is very very close to it).

Still, if used morning and night can be too harsh on the skin and dry patches can appear. I now use it only in the evening, after removing my make up. In the morning I wash my face with water only. This combination works for my skin.

I have it since January and I'm only at the half of the bottle (I sometimes share it with my bf :))). It lasts a long time because it's concentrated and you only need a small drop to wash your face. It says you can use it on the body also, but I never tried that. Guess you can use it if you have acne spots on you back or arms.

I would repurchase it, especially because the drug store where I bought it always has offers on Avene products. So this is a good buy :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good cleanser for oily skin. It does reduce the pimples a bit and leaves the skin with a very fresh feeling. I notice these results especially when i first started using it, but not so much at the end. It says it expires in 6 months and because it's so big (300 ml), it took me a bit to get to end, not a year but almost. I don't know if it was expired, it didn't break me out or anything and didn't smell bad but the results certainly wasn't as good as when I first started using it. It does leave the skin a bit tight, but I personally don't mind since I have oily skin and after applying a moisturizer on top, it feels very good.
The packaging is very comfortable and you don't waste any product, it is also very hygienic.
Price wise.. not very good. I paid 13 euros (bought it in Europe), but it was because it was 50% off, so it's about 25$ the bottle, which is up there in price.
I don't discard repurchasing once I try a few more, since I like to switch up my skin care but I think I'll end up repurchasing in the future.