Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

Avene  Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin
Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I loved the twist top cap. It prevents leaking during travel. What I don't love is the scent. This is a great cleanser to use in the gross season of humid and hot weather. But for me, I can't use it daily due to the fragrance. Foolishly I purchased two bottles. Lesson learned. I will finished the one bottle I used and give my mom or cousing my brand new bottle. I do appreciate that a small amount goes a long way so this bonus size bottle I purchased can easily last me a year. I have oily but sensitive skin that is acne prone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My second cleanser for many years. I keep repurchasing.
Some people might found this is no different than Clean&Clear gel facewash, but in a long term, my skin dislike C&C and started to form small breakouts. This Avene is the one I keep using without making my skin bored & acting weird.

Sadly, this cleanser is wayy more cheaper in Europe than in SE-Asia 😂

on 7/8/2017 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

A must have for acne prone skin. use it after makeup removal and in the morning. leaves skin clean not tight and really calms down irritated skin. I always come back to this.

on 6/27/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is nothing spectacular. It does a decent job of taking off makeup and cleaning your face. It's also very gentle. However, something that turns me off is the smell. It smells like straight up soap (and not the good kind). I would not repurchase.

on 6/26/2017 9:05:00 PM

Very, very good cleanser. Does not leave my skin feeling dry at all, and it removes all my makeup. It also doesn't cause me to break out or anything like that. And you've got to love the price! Very affordable, and does just as good or better than many high-end cleansers.

on 8/24/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This facewash has changed my life! I know that sounds dramatic but I have been buying cleanser wash after cleanser wash for years hoping that one of them would magically make me walk up without any spots, looking *flawless* to no avail until I bought this! I use it every morning and every night, usually with a cleansing mitt and maybe one/twice a week with a light exfoliator brush. Now, I'm not saying I now have airbrushed skin but there has been a dramatic decrease in the amount of spots and pimples I get nowadays. Cystic acne i got along my jawline happens only once in a blue moon now and usually there is an underlying reason not connected to my skincare for it. Would highly recommend to anyone at their wits end with spots/cystic acne to give it a try and see if does the same for you! Been using it for about 6 months now and could see results from about 3/4 weeks!

on 3/28/2017 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using Avene Cleanance Expert which seemed to be doing good things for my skin so I wanted to try the cleanser from the same line. This left my skin itchy and dry and did not help with or prevent breakouts :( waste of money for me as I had to discontinue use after a few days due to the irritation (painful, coarse red bumps).

Used the Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser for my blemish-prone / combo skin as a second step after removing my makeup at night.

Claims vs. my experience:
"Removes impurities from the skin and helps reduce sebum"
"Provides soothing and anti-irritating benefits"
"Leaves skin clean, clear and refreshed"

When using the Cleanance Gel Cleanser, my skin does feels clean and refreshed - however it makes quite tight and dry at the same time.

Using it over the course of two-three weeks every night, I didn't noticed a great change in my skin. It didn't remove my acne scars or fight off spots + pimples. Rather it encouraged under-the-skin spots and whiteheads on my forehead, cheeks, chin and upper lip area.

It's only when I stopped using the Cleanance Gel completely for one week, my skin calmed down and cleared. I've been using it once a week instead and my skin isn't as irritated as it was before.

OVERALL I think this gel cleanser is not to be used on a daily basis if you have blemish-prone, sensitive skin. Using it everyday made my skin irritated and dry, and encouraged more blemishes and breakouts.

Won't purchase again. I'll just stick to my cleansing balm thanks!

on 3/10/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This product literally rescued my lifelong acne-prone skin (during one of its active breakouts), to a completely serene, zit-free state for ONE ENTIRE YEAR! I literally did not get a single zit for an entire year. Entirely thanks to this product (I was using nothing else.) This was ALL I used and depended on for that year --- I just cleansed with this in the morning, and then at night if needed, and it kept my skin clear and clean all day. I could not believe how well it worked. All my previous pigmentation also faded rapidly. Within two months, I had completely clear skin.

I didn't moisturise when using this, because I didn't want to invite trouble (having such oily skin for so long, those days I didn't believe I even needed a moisturiser.) I know better now of course.
After a while, however, perhaps my skin got slightly lazy/too tolerant of this, and also this can be a little bit drying used long term, unless you really amp up moisturization.

I'm currently using Bioderma's Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser from their Sebium range (specifically formulated for oily skins) and that works fine for now. That's a gentler version, and I'm OK with that since my skin is less oily than it used to be, but I wish I could continue using this and benefiting from it because it's a GEM. I still stock this and use it on days when i really need it.

It's a classic!

best product to face wash for acne prone skin