Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

Avene  Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin
Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

Used the Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser for my blemish-prone / combo skin as a second step after removing my makeup at night.

Claims vs. my experience:
"Removes impurities from the skin and helps reduce sebum"
"Provides soothing and anti-irritating benefits"
"Leaves skin clean, clear and refreshed"

When using the Cleanance Gel Cleanser, my skin does feels clean and refreshed - however it makes quite tight and dry at the same time.

Using it over the course of two-three weeks every night, I didn't noticed a great change in my skin. It didn't remove my acne scars or fight off spots + pimples. Rather it encouraged under-the-skin spots and whiteheads on my forehead, cheeks, chin and upper lip area.

It's only when I stopped using the Cleanance Gel completely for one week, my skin calmed down and cleared. I've been using it once a week instead and my skin isn't as irritated as it was before.

OVERALL I think this gel cleanser is not to be used on a daily basis if you have blemish-prone, sensitive skin. Using it everyday made my skin irritated and dry, and encouraged more blemishes and breakouts.

Won't purchase again. I'll just stick to my cleansing balm thanks!

best product to face wash for acne prone skin

on 3/28/2017 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using Avene Cleanance Expert which seemed to be doing good things for my skin so I wanted to try the cleanser from the same line. This left my skin itchy and dry and did not help with or prevent breakouts :( waste of money for me as I had to discontinue use after a few days due to the irritation (painful, coarse red bumps).

on 3/10/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This product literally rescued my lifelong acne-prone skin (during one of its active breakouts), to a completely serene, zit-free state for ONE ENTIRE YEAR! I literally did not get a single zit for an entire year. Entirely thanks to this product (I was using nothing else.) This was ALL I used and depended on for that year --- I just cleansed with this in the morning, and then at night if needed, and it kept my skin clear and clean all day. I could not believe how well it worked. All my previous pigmentation also faded rapidly. Within two months, I had completely clear skin.

I didn't moisturise when using this, because I didn't want to invite trouble (having such oily skin for so long, those days I didn't believe I even needed a moisturiser.) I know better now of course.
After a while, however, perhaps my skin got slightly lazy/too tolerant of this, and also this can be a little bit drying used long term, unless you really amp up moisturization.

I'm currently using Bioderma's Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser from their Sebium range (specifically formulated for oily skins) and that works fine for now. That's a gentler version, and I'm OK with that since my skin is less oily than it used to be, but I wish I could continue using this and benefiting from it because it's a GEM. I still stock this and use it on days when i really need it.

It's a classic!

on 2/25/2017 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin builds up tolerance on every skincare product and after some time (6 months or so) every skincare routine that I had needs to be completely switched because is no longer effective. That being said, I've been switching between this cleanser and the La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel. Both do the same exact job. They're approved by many if not all dermatologists, clean my face effectively without that disgusting squeaky clean feeling but don't expect any wonders. This might be drying some of my acne but always there's more coming so I cant tell for sure. It has a mild fragrance and you're not supposed to clean the eye area with it. It also keep my oiliness under control for about 1-2 hours and that's about it.

on 1/21/2017 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This cleanser was recommended to me by a dermatologist and it is the BEST cleanser I've ever used. It's the only face wash that doesn't leave my face feeling dry and tight, but it does thoroughly take off make up residue and dirt from the day.

You only need a really small amount to wash your entire face so a bottle lasts months.

on 11/2/2016 12:23:00 PM

The best cleanser I tried. A bit expensive, but a small drop really goes a long way because the formula is very thick. I like it very much and will repurchase time and time again.

Expensive but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser. I had terrible skin, my doctor put me on a few medications but they didn't seem to work so I purchased this and it cleared my skin up so amazing, during my recent pregnant it kept my skin sane! It's expensive but lasts a long time. I love it.

Background: NC20ish skin. Oily-combination skin that's turning more sensitive and acne-prone as I age.
My skin has been freaking out after I finished a round of antibiotics for an allergic cough. Also, stress, poor eating habits and lack of sleep aren't helping, either. Breakouts left, right and center. Nothing seems to be helping. I used to wash my face with the Dr. Woods black soap during my clear-faced days but I ran out and it's been out of stock in the store for so long. I remember finishing a sample bottle of this before and liking it so decided to purchase the full-sized bottle. I like the scent, and for the first couple of weeks, it seemed to calm my skin down but then the breakouts returned and it seemed to stop working/helping. I'm now using it as a body wash instead and I like it better for that. Expensive for the price though so will not repurchase.

When Bioderma discontinued my HG Hydrabio Cleansing Mousse I was so angry. Nothing cleansed my skin as incredibly well as it did. I'm allergic to SLS/SLES, and most effective cleansers do contain that ingredient. This luckily doesn't. I have breakout prone skin with large pores so I need something really effective, but non-comedogenic. I've tried many various cleansers, but most of them didn't cleanse well enough.
This does the job very well. Doesn't leave an unpleasant residue, nor make my skin feel tight or dry. Not a fan of the smell, but I can let it pass. Also, it's really cheap where I live (around 5 euros for 200ml).

EDIT: I've bought new tube of this product a week ago and it gave me an allergic reaction! I realized that they changed the formula- so I won't repurchase it again. Why try to fix something that's working well? :(( So disappointed!