Eau Thermal Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

Eau Thermal Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin
Avene Cleanance Soap-Free Gel CleanserCleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

I'm currently loving this cleanser. I've been searching and searching for a cleanser that will clear my oil without drying me out at the same time. I was initially worried after reading reviews that it would be very drying but not at all. My skin feels so soft and I've had no breakouts from it. It feels amazing on my skin and my pores look like they are being cleaned out. The only con I can think of is that it has a very strong fragrance but who cares if it works. This is probably the best cleanser I've ever found.

Update ~~ I truly thought this cleanser was the one but it started making my eyes swell up and burn. Ironically I seem to be allergic to hypoallergenic cleansers seeing how the same incidence happened with Dr. Perricone's hypoallergenic cleanser. I'm probably the rare one. I still think it's fabulous and I doubt anyone else will have this problem so do buy. I replaced this with Philosophy's Purity Gel Cleanser and Eye Makeup Remover and love it.

on 3/28/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A mild but effective cleanser that is great for oily and acne prone skin
Wouldnt recommend for dry skin cause it can be stripping.

on 3/11/2018 9:46:00 AM

This is a life changing product for me, I can't live without it!! Been using this for 4 years now, I hope this never discontinues!

This was actually recommended by my dermatologist; had went to her as I suffered from acne that just would not go away (tried multiple remedies and solutions from drugstores and pharmacies and on the internet before resorting to this) and so, was prescribed Doxycycline and replaced with this cleanser instead.

This changed my life. Together with the medication, my acne cleared up within 8 months (it took this long because i decided to take a lower dosage and not put my organs at risk). Back then, I have oily combo skin which is targetted to this market for this product.
After cleansing, it also does not leave this greasy feeling afterwards. My face feels extremely clean without any oily residue left behind. And you don't even need a lot of this product! Just one pea size is enough to cover the entire face.

I have been using this ever since and have not switched to any other facial wash. Granted, it is expensive as I live in SE Asia, but I have re-purchased this about 3 times and I have not regretted it any since. At most, I stock up whenever there are discounts available at my local drugstore.

My acne has reduced greatly as well. I really think its not just the medication, but its also because of this facial wash that has not broken me out ever since switching to this. Love love love!

To sum up,

Pros:
+ Sturdy packaging
+ Does not leave any oily residue behind
+ No fragrance
+ Gel formula, just the way I like it (my own personal preference)
+ Works on oily combo skin types

Cons:
- Costly in my country
- Other than that, literally nothing

Would totally recommend my friends to purchase! And of course, would definitely stock up and repurchase!

Hope this helps!

What have they done to my face?!

I switched to this product after using Bioderma Sébium gel cleanser and it was a huge mistake! I´ve been struggling with my oily, acne-prone skin since puberty and I never (ever) tought it might get so dry one day! After just about four days of daily use it made my cheeks extremely dry and rough and caused a breakout around my mouth. Gross.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I do not have oily skin- more like combination to dry, sensitive, and very acne-prone. As a rule, anti-acne products usually irritate it and make my breakouts worse, and I have spent a long time (and money on dermatologists and products) trying to find a product that would help. Now, THIS reduced my breakout rate by 90%, and it doesn't dry my skin out or irritate it in any way. It does have a fragrance that I find very unpleasant (sort of like cheap soap), but that didn't do anything bad to my skin. However, it doesn't do a great job removing makeup, so I always cleanse with micellar water first. I use it in combination with Bioderma Sensibio AR cream during the day and Avene Cleanance Hydra at night. This has turned out to be the best skincare combination for me so far.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A very good cleanser but as a person with sensitive and dry skin in some areas it was making my skin very dry. If you have oily skin its great its not making breakouts. But i find this product very harsh for me. If it was the only choice i had i would purchase it!

on 10/10/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm on my second bottle of this and I intend to keep purchasing it. I use it every day while in the shower. I notice a big difference in my skin since I started using it. My acne prone skin is much clearer now, it looks much less oily, I only ever get breakouts (like, one ot two pimples, not more) around the time I get my period. (Not TMI, I hope?) It is gentle to the skin and it does not make it painfully dry and thus make your skin produce even more oil like a lot of other cleansers intended for oily skin do. I even like the smell, I find it very refreshing.
I wish I could go back in time and make my teenage self buy it, that poor oily-skinned girl...

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I loved the twist top cap. It prevents leaking during travel. What I don't love is the scent. This is a great cleanser to use in the gross season of humid and hot weather. But for me, I can't use it daily due to the fragrance. Foolishly I purchased two bottles. Lesson learned. I will finished the one bottle I used and give my mom or cousing my brand new bottle. I do appreciate that a small amount goes a long way so this bonus size bottle I purchased can easily last me a year. I have oily but sensitive skin that is acne prone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My second cleanser for many years. I keep repurchasing.
Some people might found this is no different than Clean&Clear gel facewash, but in a long term, my skin dislike C&C and started to form small breakouts. This Avene is the one I keep using without making my skin bored & acting weird.

Sadly, this cleanser is wayy more cheaper in Europe than in SE-Asia 😂

on 8/24/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This facewash has changed my life! I know that sounds dramatic but I have been buying cleanser wash after cleanser wash for years hoping that one of them would magically make me walk up without any spots, looking *flawless* to no avail until I bought this! I use it every morning and every night, usually with a cleansing mitt and maybe one/twice a week with a light exfoliator brush. Now, I'm not saying I now have airbrushed skin but there has been a dramatic decrease in the amount of spots and pimples I get nowadays. Cystic acne i got along my jawline happens only once in a blue moon now and usually there is an underlying reason not connected to my skincare for it. Would highly recommend to anyone at their wits end with spots/cystic acne to give it a try and see if does the same for you! Been using it for about 6 months now and could see results from about 3/4 weeks!