Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 6/10/2016 12:19:00 PM

The almay eye pads and the eye makeup remover are so terrible, I wouldn't even waste my time buying them if they were free after coupons.

on 1/20/2016 9:29:00 AM

These are so unbelievably greasy! I open my eyes after and I cant even see because my vision is so clouded! Also, they do an okay job but I have to use more than 1 wipe for just minimal makeup even. Neutrogena does a better job and I don't have to wipe all the grease off my face afterwards.

To Read all 306 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stings my eyes badly:( I would rather deal with the oily residue of coconut oil which doesn't sting at all.

Tried these when my store was out of the oil free and I was so disappointment. These left me feeling slimy and greasy

on 11/10/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Wow. I am so shocked at the low ratings for this product. ??

I have worn waterproof eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, etc) for over 28 yrs. Almay Moisturizing Makeup Remover Pads is hands-down the BEST waterproof makeup remover product I have ever used. I have used these for at least the past 20+ years.

YES, this product is oil based. I have tried non-oily waterproof eye makeup removers and they have always stung my very sensitive eyes. This Almay product has NEVER stung me, even when I was clueless enough to not keep my eyes tightly shut while using them.

YES, if you are clueless enough to NOT keep your eyes shut while wiping off your eye makeup (*waves hand* I too used to be in that group! sigh lol ), you will of course get oily eyeballs/cloudy vision. But...??? What do you expect? Keep your eyes SHUT while wiping off your eye makeup with the pads, and then take a tissue and wipe off any excess oil off of your lids before you open your eyes. But, if you do get some of the product in your eyes, just rinse your eyes with cool water. It's not a big deal. Any oil based product is going to give you an oily coating IF you have your eyes open while using (ie, coconut oil, other oil based mu removers, etc).

Burning?
No. As I said above, I have VERY sensitive eyes. There are many eye makeup products I cannot use (Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner, Urban Decay "Perversion" eyeliner, MOST powder eyeshadows, etc) because my eyes are that overly sensitive. Yet in the 20+ years I have used these Almay remover pads, I have never once had any burning or irritation.

Effectiveness at Removing Stubborn Waterprood Eye Makeup?
EXCELLENT!
These pads melt all of my waterproof eye makeup products off my eyes very quickly, and more importantly, VERY gently! No tugging. No loss of eye lashes. And NO irritation to my eyes or the surrounding skin.

I LOVE this product!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I would like this product more if it didn't leave the area around my eyes as greasy as the Exxon Valdez oil spill.

on 1/13/2014 1:03:00 PM

I inherited two small tubs of this stuff from my mom (gift with purchase, I assume) and although I'm fairly certain I've used these eye makeup remover pads before in high school, I couldn't quite recall back a billion years as to whether I actually liked them. As you may be able to glean from the two lippies - not really a fan.

The pads work moderately okay on non-waterproof eye makeup, not so much on waterproof mascara and gel liner. I found that resting the pad on an eye for a minute or so helps breakdown the waterproof stuff so that it's a tad easier to sweep off in a one fell swoop, but here's the issue - this stuff burns when you get too much into your eyes! I guess my actual human tears have demonstrated in the past, that they are in fact effective at make-up removal given enough of them, but that's not really my objective!

I did end up using both tubs - supplementing with a dual phase eye makeup remover I was able to find in the linen closet. I seriously doubt I'll ever purchase these on my own, but hey, I'll try to remember I don't very much like them this time!

I love these for my eye makeup. As Jubilee stated in her review, the best thing to do is simply wash your face after using them. This is one thing from Almay that I will continue to purchase. I shop on base and they still sell this. If it's discontinued, I guess I need to make a run and buy all I can!

on 10/20/2013 2:53:00 PM

i know i'm in the minority here, but I love these MU remover pads.I've recpurchased several times. They were the only thing I ever found that got rid of waterproof eyeliner and mascara quickly. Sure, it's a bit greasy, but i would simply wash my face immediately after and I never had any problems. Almay doesn't seem to make this anymore. They now have a version for Longwear & Waterproof MU. I haven't decided if I like it as much. I might have to stock up on this on eBay.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hate, hate hate this product. Yes, it removes makeup but so does baby oil, which is less expensive. Not that I recommend baby oil (or THIS product) because the oiliness lingers after multiple face washes to the point that the next morning, when you are applying fresh makeup (and yes, Im using an eyeshadow primer), my eyeliner and mascara are pooled under my eyes the minute I blink. And this formula is irritating. My eyes were red and itching ALL DAY. The oil free version of this product is effective and non-irritating. This formula, however, needs to just go away!