2.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I've bought these more than once, usually in the longwear and waterproof version. However, it wasn't because it was HG status, but rather "I need something to remove my eye makeup now and these are presoaked." These do do a pretty decent job getting rid of my mascara, but it's very messy. The pads are super oily and leave residue everywhere. I can barely see for hours post-removal and my eyelids just feel nasty and sticky. They're slightly oily to begin with so I'm particularly unhappy for this reason. I doubt I'll ever purchase again. I'm currently trying to finish my current pack so I can switch to something else (most likely micellar water). Surely that'll do the job with less hassle.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Other

EyesGreen

3 years ago

If I could give this 0 I would. I cannot see after using it and my entire face is a greasy mess even though technically it is just taking off eye makeup. The oil free version is my go to but when I grab this one by mistake I try to suck it up and use it. I wind up suffering with it for a few days and then I throw it out and go get the oil free one.I have been doing this for years. You'd think I'd be more careful picking out the jar. They keep changing the labels and colors and what not but for decades the moisturizing one is a disgusting oil slick and the oil free one is awesome and I should really be more careful picking out the jar.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

I used like this maybe it was a different formula because these don't work well enough. All you need to know

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

The almay eye pads and the eye makeup remover are so terrible, I wouldn't even waste my time buying them if they were free after coupons.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

These are so unbelievably greasy! I open my eyes after and I cant even see because my vision is so clouded! Also, they do an okay job but I have to use more than 1 wipe for just minimal makeup even. Neutrogena does a better job and I don't have to wipe all the grease off my face afterwards.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Stings my eyes badly:( I would rather deal with the oily residue of coconut oil which doesn't sting at all.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Tried these when my store was out of the oil free and I was so disappointment. These left me feeling slimy and greasy

About reviewer (1039 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

from

5 years ago

Wow. I am so shocked at the low ratings for this product. ?? I have worn waterproof eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, etc) for over 28 yrs. Almay Moisturizing Makeup Remover Pads is hands-down the BEST waterproof makeup remover product I have ever used. I have used these for at least the past 20+ years. YES, this product is oil based. I have tried non-oily waterproof eye makeup removers and they have always stung my very sensitive eyes. This Almay product has NEVER stung me, even when I was clueless enough to not keep my eyes tightly shut while using them. YES, if you are clueless enough to NOT keep your eyes shut while wiping off your eye makeup (*waves hand* I too used to be in that group! sigh lol ), you will of course get oily eyeballs/cloudy vision. But...??? What do you expect? Keep your eyes SHUT while wiping off your eye makeup with the pads, and then take a tissue and wipe off any excess oil off of your lids before you open your eyes. But, if you do get some of the product in your eyes, just rinse your eyes with cool water. It's not a big deal. Any oil based product is going to give you an oily coating IF you have your eyes open while using (ie, coconut oil, other oil based mu removers, etc). Burning? No. As I said above, I have VERY sensitive eyes. There are many eye makeup products I cannot use (Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner, Urban Decay "Perversion" eyeliner, MOST powder eyeshadows, etc) because my eyes are that overly sensitive. Yet in the 20+ years I have used these Almay remover pads, I have never once had any burning or irritation. Effectiveness at Removing Stubborn Waterprood Eye Makeup? EXCELLENT! These pads melt all of my waterproof eye makeup products off my eyes very quickly, and more importantly, VERY gently! No tugging. No loss of eye lashes. And NO irritation to my eyes or the surrounding skin. I LOVE this product!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I would like this product more if it didn't leave the area around my eyes as greasy as the Exxon Valdez oil spill.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

I inherited two small tubs of this stuff from my mom (gift with purchase, I assume) and although I'm fairly certain I've used these eye makeup remover pads before in high school, I couldn't quite recall back a billion years as to whether I actually liked them. As you may be able to glean from the two lippies - not really a fan. The pads work moderately okay on non-waterproof eye makeup, not so much on waterproof mascara and gel liner. I found that resting the pad on an eye for a minute or so helps breakdown the waterproof stuff so that it's a tad easier to sweep off in a one fell swoop, but here's the issue - this stuff burns when you get too much into your eyes! I guess my actual human tears have demonstrated in the past, that they are in fact effective at make-up removal given enough of them, but that's not really my objective! I did end up using both tubs - supplementing with a dual phase eye makeup remover I was able to find in the linen closet. I seriously doubt I'll ever purchase these on my own, but hey, I'll try to remember I don't very much like them this time!

About reviewer (758 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm