no images

price range

Reviews

2.0

9 years ago

The word "feuilles" should be taken seriously here because this is a leafy, herbacious fragrance that provides the antithesis for honeyed pipe tobacco fragrances that ring the bell for hookahs or rich libraries. However, Feuilles de Tabac is as potent on me in its own way and never takes a break - it smells better on my clothes but I usually do not like spraying fragrance on my clothes. Anyway, top notes are gold coloured tobacco leaves providing a raw, sharp, strangely medicinal and slightly off smell on my skin. Soon comes the sage and remains pretty prominent throughout, adding a fougere tone to Feuilles de Tabac. The perfume doesn't calm on my skin and kind of sits on top of it rather than blending with me, and it has a masculine tone which is not particularly interesting. What's interesting though is that there is something in it that's very similar to my favourite Miller Harris, Fleur Oriental. Unfortunately, what works so well there does not work here for me. This would be a very interesting and attractive fragrance for a man, say on a borrowed jumper around a camp fire but I'm not attracted to it on myself. I know that it smells different on different peoople so do not think this would be a good choice for a blind-buy adventure. 2.5.

About reviewer (571 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I like this scent. It is a nice smell, but not very distinctive. I think it smells very soapy and woody. Makes me smell clean. I'm not sure where everyone else is getting cigarettes and smoke. I'm going to have to go back and sniff again. Funny thing: my children like this when I wear it. Sniff all over the place until they find it on my wrists.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

11 years ago

this is one of my favorite scents of all time, on my skin it starts out with a strong, almost bitter tobacco note, similar to a fine cigar, and after time just dries down to the most beautiful spicy, vanilla, incense scent. i don't find it masculine at all, just works beautifully with my skin. i've been wearing this scent for over 2 years and especially love it in the winter months as it works fantastic for fragrancing my scarves

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBlack

12 years ago

A lovely tobacco and gingerbread fragrance that's somewhat light. It's quite like a pale tobacco, unsmoked, from a freshly opened bag, with gingerbread spices mingling in the background. It's a very lovely smell, but not rich, complex or fascinating enough for me to justify spending the money on it.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesHazel

1.0

12 years ago

Wow, that's some strong pine/sage and pepper in here. Smell absolutely no tobacco, ashtray, cigars or anything of the kind, and perhaps that's the point. Its "Feuilles" and I imagine rich green and alive not dried and mellowed. Very strong pine/sage scent with pepper thrown in and maybe some sort of berry. Reminded me too much of Brut or a man's cologne for me to consider it feminine or unisex on me. Still confused by the name, as there no tabac in here to be had.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

12 years ago

Sage and Tobacco based men's fragrance. It's very nice and unexceptional, but It never mellowed on my skin and stayed a slightly sharp, probably 'bold' men's scent on me. I'll pass.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

13 years ago

This was an interesting and unusual scent. I could smell cigarettes still in the packet. It just wasn't something I felt I had to own.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

13 years ago

I don't get the tobacco reference at all in this. To my nose, it is a warm, spicy scent and not at all manly. I get complements, every time I wear this as it is so unusual. Love, love, love it!!!

About reviewer (141 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Other

HairBrown

13 years ago

I have a sample of this and i don't think i'll ever need this perfume but it's quite good for what it is.As i am a smoker i don't really want to smell like an ashtray, i only like the smell of really sophisticated cigars.This starts with sage and mixed spices that are warm and subtle and i also get the dry fine blond tobacco after.I appreciate this very much but i'm not sure i want to wear it.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesGreen

14 years ago

I love this scent-on a man,it is gorgeous,on me,it is still gorgeous,and makes me feel special.It smoulders on the wearer.But it does need to be reapplied 2-3 times a day.If you try it you will not regret it!I am so glad I invested in a big bottle.Speaking of which,the packaging/bottle could be nicer for the price.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age36-43