Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.0

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This face moisturizer was a huge disappointment. Everything about it really didn't work for me. The formula was way to thick and made my skin extremely oily and peeled right off my face after a feel hours- it looked terrible. I wasn't impressed by the packaging either, it came in a bulky plastic container and the lid was hard to screw on. I really thought I would enjoy this after all the good things I'd heard about it but I really wasn't at all impressed. I do not recommend this, especially to people with oily skin.

I bought this moisterizer as a recommendation from a friend that suffers from acne roseacia. I'd been using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisterizer for almost 10 years and picked this one up for convenience.

What a mistake. It's fine generally, however caused ugly uncomfortable rash on my eyelids near my brows.

I have pretty awsome skin especially for my age, never had any real problems. Usually use basic skin care regimen. I will definately NOT be purchasing this product again.

I do understand though what works for some does not necessarily works for others. Like I said my friend loves this stuff and she's always had problem skin, this stuff is one of the only moisterizers she's been able to use.

on 12/31/2009 7:45:00 AM

My skin is combination extreme....very oily t-zone and very dry (dehydrated) everywhere else. I bought this to use as a night cream because during the day I can only wear a very strong sunscreen. I needed something to help with fine lines and something to soothe my dry flaky parts so that I could apply foundation in the morning on well hydrated skin.

I've been using this product for a week now and it is doing the job perfectly! It has a nice light feel, no scent, and it absorbs very well. I will buy this again, the price is right 18$ CAD

I was looking for a night moisturizer with vitamin E, and this seems the right product, since I use Marcelle multi-defense lotion and it's hypoallergic, maybe this will work.
At first, there is a weird stinging and burning sensation, then I searched for its ingredient, found it's menthol, which was supposed to give me the cooling sensation. But after awhile, I felt this moisturizer is pretty good. My face felt velvety and really moist, and I feel this gel-cream can be absorbed really well, no greasy feeling at all like all other moisturizers.
However I'm still not sure whether it helps my complexion and it's a little pricey.

This is a nice facial moisturizer but not the best IMHO. Not moisturizing enough for that time of the year. Consequently, I can't really use it as a day moisturizer, but I've found that it works pretty well as a gentle night cream. I have combination skin and it doesn't make my T-zone oilier but leaves my cheeks slightly too thigh when used as a day cream. Doesn't seem to break me out either. It might not be that effective on a very dry skin though.

I really like its consistency: not too thick, a bit creamy yet light enough. Very refreshing! And it's also quickly absorbed by the skin and leaves it soft. And I'm glad it has no scent!

My only major complaint would be the jar container, it's not very hygienic.

I would purchase it again. This is a good product, excellent quality and it doesn't irritate my skin.

UPDATE August 9, 2005: I came back 2 days ago from Europe, I wasn't home for 3 months and therefore I did not use this product for 3 months. At night, I was about to apply this moisturizer when I noticed that it smelled like sour milk. Yuck. I left it in my bathroom and my b/f told me that we had an abnormaly hot weather while I wasn't home, that might have caused my moisturizer to turn sour. Now I am not sure I would buy it again... continued >>

Popular Moisturizers