Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 10/23/2004 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Unbelievably addicting! I have worn this fragrance everyday since I purchased it. I even went back to the store to purchase the shower gel (love it too). Initially, the fragrance smells like burnt cookies on me. However, after about 30 min. it settles down into the proper fragrance. Although I personally love this fragrance, I would warn others that the fragrance does not last long and must be reapplied constantly. This is not a problem for me because the price is not terribly high. Also, I would advise one who is considering this fragrance to keep in mind that it is not a high end fragrance. If you are accustomed to higher end fragrances, it may seem a little cheap to you. I, myself, was looking for a fragrance to wear on an everyday basis that was affordable but not nauseating or alcoholly. This fragrance surpassed my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys sweet fragrances.

on 11/22/2005 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

GAH!

After hearing so many positive reviews of this fragrance, and after not finding anything like it in the middle of Illinois, I decided to drive to the Sephora in Indianapolis to finally try and buy this perfume. I originally planned to just buy it online, but a few of the reviews here made me hesitant to do that without first smelling it.

I am so thankful for good sense. I smelled the perfume in the bottle, and I fell in love with it. I sprayed it onto a piece of paper, and I wanted to kiss all of the little dogs in the...neighborhoods next to the mall. I sprayed it onto my wrists, and I almost screamed in disgust.

My boyfriend, bless his heart, tried to make it seem as if it was a decent enough smell on me ("Well, it's not the best one you have, but it's not bad..."), but he kept shooting me looks that exclaimed, "You drove 2 hours to get this crap?!" I'm not exactly sure what happened from the bottle to my skin, but this perfume turned into the most rancid, metallic, nose-hair singeing scent I've ever tried. Sugar? No. Cotton candy? No. Caramel? No. Anything that makes you happy? No.

Instead, I got two wrists that smelled like acrid caramelized sugar soot that had been left in a cast iron skillet to die. Plus, something kept making my nose itch. I immediately ran to the bathroom to wash my wrists, but the danggone stuff was already in my blood or something, as I could still smell it the next day. As time went on, the chomping-on-vitamins smell left, only to be replaced by a smoldering plastic scent that I...I still can't explain it. Like I was stuck in a BIC factory and got too close to the pen molds?

The funniest part? After about 10 hours, part of the perfume turned into the most delicious aroma I'd smelt in a while. The funnier part? The scent was so hard to detect that I had to literally place my wrist next to my nostrils. The plastic scent? Still there.

Please, try this before buying it. When it's good, it's the best thing in many parts of the world. When it's bad, it'll force you to drive 130 miles in 40 degree weather with the windows down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love it I've already repurchased 3 times. If you shop at Ross it is much cheaper like $25 for the big bottle, much cheaper than Sephora. It reminds me of eating Cotton candy, Yes it smells sweet, so if you don't like real sweet smells don't try. At walmart That's so Raven has a similiar smell. I will keep buying as long as i find it at Ross.

on 12/11/2008 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was able to snag this in a swap. I smelled this at Ulta and it smelled yummy to me. - think syrupy Cotton Candy. I did not think it was overpowering or 'burnt' smelling, the only thing I disliked is that the scent seems to wear off in about 15-20 minutes.

Update 3/2010 - I get a ton of compliments when I wear this - I guess it mixes well with my body chemistry. I've kinda grown attached to the cookies and cakes smell. I'm on my 2nd bottle.

on 2/7/2009 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. On paper this seemed so perfect for me. I even smelt this on my friend's sister and liked it. It was the first time I've ever liked someone's scent enough to ask what it is and I couldn't believe it when she said "Pink Sugar". I was like, that's the scent I heard about on MUA! But upon receiving this (after much anticipation) I can only say that I was very disappointed. Could it have gone off? I wondered. I honestly thought myself to be a gourmand scent girl through and through. I laughed at the reviews claiming it was "just tooo sweet". I thought, for me, nothing can be too sweet! But ohhh no, there could. And it is Pink Sugar. Maybe, yes, once it mellows it is perfectly lovely and catching whiffs of the caramel/vanilla/candyfloss/sugary loveliness would surely be worth the initial AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH phase. But I just cannot put myself through that anymore. I just wish it hadn't got that sharp-sweet note which, for me, causes an almost acidic burning of the nostrils. Just thinking about it is wince-inducing.
I simply can't stomach it, even as a room spray. The only way I could fathom introducing this to my life is to wear it very, VERY occasionally. I mean, everybody needs a sugar hit now and then, don't they? To wear this everyday would be like slipping into a diabetic coma.

EDIT: 15/03/10

I CANNOT believe how much I've changed my mind about this! Love it now! I have recently dyed my hair back to light blonde from dark brown and it just seems to suit me more now? I just love the sweet, vanillery goodness as it floats in the breeze around me and catching wafts of it every now and again. It's such a sexy-but-innocent scent that is great for day and night - my joint favourite with Angel now :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I smelled it in the Sephora and instead of asking for a sample just went ahead and bought it. That's a definite first for me to be so taken with a fragrance like that. It smells sweet at first then when it dries down on me it smells like cocoa butter (so I'm told).
It's really beautiful.
1 YR UPDATE: it took all of 2 months for my nose to start hating the sweet smell of this after smelling it on me and what seemed like 8 out of 10 females on the street. It got too popular and the novelty wore off. Gave it away.

on 1/15/2010 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Well, I occassionally like sweet, gourmand, fun and flirty scents. This could be that but it's lacking "something". The sweetness is rather flat on my skin not cotton candy at all. I realized a few spritz's later that this is a younger casual "wannabe" to one of my faves Hanae Mori Butterfly. I had not worn HM in years but when I realized the connection I bought another bottle. Anyway, I do have and wear PS when I'm lounging around the house or running insignificant errands, jeans and sneakers, flannel PJs etc. Yet when I really want to smell "yummy enough to eat" I grab my Hanae Mori.

Hair: Other, Kinky, Other

Very sweet fragrance. I loved it a lot at first but now it kind of gives me a head ache. I only wear this on special occasions if I want to smell like a cupcake. A little goes a long way, although I don't think the staying power lasted on me for a very long time. I would suggest putting a unscented lotion under it to tone it down and make it last longer.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love this perfume, I wear this on a regular basis & I always get compliments whenever I have it on. It just smells so yummy & it lasts forever. Definitely one of my top HG fragrances.

on 4/21/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I am on a search for sweet smelling perfumes, flowery and dessert. When I walked into Sephora last week, I definitely got what I wanted. If you don't like sickeningly sweet, this is not for you! I agree, this product can be a little strong. I spray it on my wrist first and then rub it on my collarbone. It smells better on me as the day goes on and last a very long time!

Popular Fragrances