Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite perfume of all time!! If I could only own 1 perfume this would be the 1. HG!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really love Pink Sugar. I didn't at first, because although I do like sweet, seductive scents, this one was a little over the top for me. I recently turned 40 and I figured I just really don't need to go around smelling like cupcakes and cotton candy, which is what it smelled like to me, on other people.

It seems however, that I have some kind of weird chemistry with this scent. I didn't realize it until I squirted some on my wrist in Ulta on a whim. I get the typically sweet notes but I also get a citrusy fruity note that keeps it from being too cloying. It's almost fresh smelling. Weird. I don't wear it terribly often...mostly when I'm feeling young and flirty...but it's nice to have in my fragrance wardrobe when I'm in the mood for something different. I thought it was a nice novely, but didn't expect to purchase it again. However, I'm almost out, and finding that I'm sad to see the end of it. I think I'm going to have to have more.

Sometimes it pays to try a fragrance that you might not otherwise have chosen for yourself. I've been suprised several times that way.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I went ahead & purchased this fragrance a few days ago. It's the dead of winter & I find this time of year to be quite depressing. I wanted to buy something light & sweet that would remind me of warmer weather. So I purchased this. The last time I wore this perfume was about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm glad that I purchased it again. It's like consuming all the sweet food that I really enjoy but without the added pounds. Also, people never know I'm actually wearing perfume whenever I do wear this. People will sniff the air & ask, "Who has cookies?" People have yet to figure out that I'm wearing perfume! I think that's unique. This smells exactly like cotton candy (when first applied) & then dries down to smelling like cookies. & who doesn't like the smell of cookies?? Can't go wrong with this scent. I great day or evening scent. However, I would not recommend wearing this to a job interview. A light spritz of D & G Light Blue is my go to job interview perfume instead!

EDIT: I wound up returning this scent. Now I'm not one to give a hoot about pleasing others or doing things for other people, but everytime I sprayed just one single, lousy little spray, my husband would complain!! @ first I told him to get over it but then noticed the grimace he would always have whenever I applied this scent. Now my husband is a definite cologne wearer. He owns a collection of different male scents. Some that can even be smelled throught the entire house. That's actually why I was mad @ him when he told me that I smelled too strong! I mean the nerve of someone accusing someone else of smelling strong when they wear strong scents themselves! Well anyway, I happen to like all of his scents, (even his strong ones) so I decided to continue wearing it until I came to the realization that it didn't make me feel too attractive if my spouse didn't like the way that I smelled... NOT!!! (WELL MAYBE JUST A LITTLE BIT...) But the main reason is that it started to give me a headache too!!

on 1/11/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Rarely, if ever, do I rate a 5, or even a 4 on packaging, but Pink Sugar certainly earned that 5, and with gusto. The cylender containing the perfume has textured, pink stripes on the top and sides-- stripes that are 3D & you can feel the slight rubberiness touching them. The observant shopper will notice the hot pepper on the cylender label, indicating the spicy "adult" nature of this EDT. The top comes off easily, revealing a fragrance bottle wrapped with a piece of white cardboard to keep it safe. The cap of the perfume is frosted pink, with fuschia metallic ribbons on the cap and sides of the bottle. The packaging alone will definitely appeal to the kid in you. I will have a hard time throwing it away, if I do that at all. The fragrance itself is fantastic, starting off with that slightly peppery bergamot note on top of the sweetness, then dries to a powdery cotton candy finish after the pepper disappears. 2 hours after applying, it still retains that sweet note-- but not so sweet that it doesn't have an uplifting, fresh feel to it. This is different from any other "Oriental" fragrance I have ever smelled, but gorgeous enough that I strongly recommend it to anyone who loves fragrances in that category, OR anyone who can't decide between Earl Grey tea and a vanilla cappuccino in the morning. Definitely a fragrance that says that you are old enough to know better, but still too young to care (in a good way).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite scents. The first note I smell is sugar. If you ever smelled turbinado sugar being spun, this fragrance will remind you of that. There is a mid note of vanilla that takes the sugar to a cotton candy note. Finally there's a soft musky amber smell (dare I say patchouli' ish).
If you don't like candy sweet smells or vanilla, this is not the product for you. If you like vanilla or baked good type of fragrance, you'll probably like this.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS SCENT! It smells so pretty on me. I love sweet fruity fragrances and this is my HG! I always get compliments when I wear this. I will buy this forever! I am not a teen, but this scent is soooo me! I love it!

on 12/27/2004 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Am somewhat amused, somewhat peeved at the reviews here complaining that a perfume which calls itself "Pink Sugar" is (surprise!) too sweet. Well, duh. It's not as if they didn't give you advance warning IN THE NAME OF THE PRODUCT. Is it possible that Pink Sugar might just smell like pink sugar? Ya think?

Rant over... this stuff is marvelous. Not elegant or sophisticated, just pure girly fun. Cotton candy, vanilla and musk predominate with slight hints of fruit dancing in and out. I drench myself in this on days when I want to feel edibly delicious. And it attracts multiple positive comments. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last summer and I'm in love with it. It's definitely quite sweet and sugary, but I love scents like that.

You only need a little bit because it's a very strong scent, but the problem is that the scent doesn't last for very long on me. It's gone in about 3-4 hours.

on 12/4/2010 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Winner!!!!!!! I love Pink Sugar. It smells delicious. I just received my order in the mail and I already received a compliment on how good I smelled. I love sweet fragrances and this is definitely going to be a staple for me. Make sure you only purchase from Target because it is less expensive than buying from Sephora or another perfume chain.

on 12/31/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my signature scent. I always get complimented on how I smell. I only wear vanilla/foody scents and I alternate between this and Vanille Abricot. Apparently this lasts a long time because people throughout the day comment on how good I smell, I must get used to the smell and it isn't as potent to me. I just got the solid fragrance and am excited to travel with it because the top part of the bottle always loosens and will leak if it's not upright. That's my only complaint and I've purchased 3 of the large bottles.

Popular Fragrances