Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.6

on 10/3/2003 9:12:00 PM

The packaging is so cute for this perfume. What's inside isn't bad either. I detect vanilla and cotton candy, as well as spices and.... licorice. That's the part that ruins some of this fragrance for me. The mix of the sweet notes and spices with the licorice makes it quite an interesting scent, not too sweet and not too weird. At first, I didn't care for it because it's so unique, but it has grown on me every day. I do like this very much now. I wear this occasionaly, and it's one of my favorites and one I would buy again. It's got a lot going on and I like most of what is in it and it's a well-executed fragrance from beginning to end. It is a very delicious perfume and amazingly, not too girly or unsophisticated. It's actually a very sexy scent. The drydown on this is just mouthwatering. It smells of cotton candy, caramel, sugar and spice, and everything nice. The packaging of this makes me happy, it's so pretty. Brings out the little girl in me, with a grown-up twist. I LOVE how delicious the Aquolina Web site is: http://www.selectiva-spa.it/pink_sugar.htm. Love this perfume and everything about it.

Super cute, cavity-inducing sweet, like spun sugar with depth. I think of girls with stuffed animals on their bed, Justin Timberlake posters on their wall and a bottle of Pink Sugar on their dresser. This would be the *perfect* scent for a young girl or teen--but it has enough interest to smell warmly gooey n' sticky on any girl of *any* age who loves super sweet scents. Cute stuff!

Received this as a sample with my sephora order. I don't normally like foody scents at all, but I can't stop sniffing my wrist! I can't smell the licorice at all for some reason, but I can pick out all of the other notes. I have a feeling that my guy friends would love this, but it's not something I'd be comfortable wearing every day. Maybe on a date. I probably won't purchase, just use my sample sparingly.

on 12/27/2003 7:56:00 PM

I am not a foody fragrance person but I do like this-a mix of cotton candy and vanilla? I'm not great at describing fragrance notes. Love the packaging and it is not too expensive. I would wear this in the winter only because it is a heavier scent.

on 12/31/2003 6:37:00 PM

My HG, signature scent. Whenever I wear this, I can't stop sniffing my arms, its that good. On me, it smells like freshly spun cotton candy. Lasts all day on me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I only have a sample of Pink Sugar but I am getting the full-size bottle from DH for Valentine's Day. On me, Pink Sugar smells exactly like sugar. Not fruity, not vanilla-y, just like sugar. Somehow it doesn't hit me as overly foody either... it is clean in a warm way and it makes me feel good (isn't that what fragrance is all about anyway?). Never in a million years would I have thought I would want to smell like sugar but I absolutely love this fragrance. I find the staying power to be admirable for an eau de toilette.

on 2/11/2004 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i get migranes from mostly all perfume, but this stuff is not sickening to me. it is light, young and pleasent. i have not purchased it yet- hoping to swap for it, but the price doesnt look too bad on sephora. light and almost candy- like, with not too much synthetic vanilla overpowering everything.UPDATE: i got sick of this quickly. i couldnt even finish my sample vial...

on 2/12/2004 10:53:00 AM

Got this in the mail from Sephora yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out. First of all, it hit me with this powerful gust of a top note--maybe it was licorice? Ugh, not a scent that smells good on me. I was skeered that I'd blown it with this impulse buy. I waited for the dry down and the scent began to soften...it never really softened into quite what I wanted, which was the sugar/cotton candy/caramel notes that other reviewers said they had found, but I am going to try it again today and see what happens. At this point I'd say I like it fine but it certainly was not what I expected. Packaging is amazing, though. 2/12/04: Wore it again today and really began to like it a lot more. Scent disappears too quickly, though, which is a big disappointment. I have to keep respraying. Maybe Aquolina will come out with an EDP soon.

on 2/18/2004 1:02:00 PM

This is the perfect winter scent to wear to make you feel nice and warm. I love this! Its so sweet but not over the top. Yes I also have this purfume, I am a purfume addict, lol. All I smell in cotton candy and carmel.

Aquolina Pink Sugar smells like yummy melted marshmallows. At first I liked it but I did think it was a little bit too sweet. After having sprayed it on for a couple of days I can truly say that I'm addicted to Pink Sugar. I swear, if I have some other perfume sprayed on I feel like something's wrong. I love the way the fragrance stays throughout the day and even the next morning I can still smell it. I know you're not supposed to smell your own fragrance but I totally enjoy it. Pink Sugar seems to make me a happier person it actually makes you feel warm and cowzy like youre bouncing on cotton candy and drinking hot chocolate with some vanilla in it. I love Aquolina!