Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 6/24/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My partner bought the Lotion P50V 1970 for dry skin. He couldn’t use it because the smell of the phenol grossed him out so much, but I started using it to try to help my adult acne.

I have been using this for the past 4 months and barely made a dent in the medium bottle. I pour a few drops into my palm and pat it all over my face after washing my face with the pink Lunese Cyclic cleanser. It burns a little bit and makes my face red, but the phenol helps and my skin always looks amazing when I wake up in the morning. It smells absolutely disgusting, but I got used to it. You’re supposed to use this twice a day, but I’m afraid of people smelling it on me during the day, so I only use it once a day at night.

It has absolutely normalized my skin, making it less oily, reducing the size of my pores, and giving my skin a healthy glow. I get far less acne, my skin texture has improved, and the sebaceous filaments on my nose are barely perceptible. After I go through the bottle with phenol, I will probably try a gentler version without phenol for my next bottle, probably the P50W without phenol.

on 5/30/2018 12:20:00 AM

Don’t bother, go straight for The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Toner and skip this. Biologique Recherche as a brand is loaded with animal ingredients- pig collagen... amniotic liquid and placenta. I am saying the brand, not this lotion specifically. The Ordinary toner costs less than 10 USD and does same job.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lotion P50 is difficult to review because, moreso than most skin products, it is very specifically targeted to skin type. In terms of the "new" P50, I found it to have little noticeable effect on my skin compared to other, less expensive (and more active) acid toners. It also consistently irritated my neck, likely a combination of dry skin and vinegar. I personally would not buy again, but that doesn't mean I oppose all variations (P50 1970 works for me—go figure). Best advice here is to speak to a brand expert and have them choose the right version for you. If this is your fit, it does live up to the cabbage water and vinegar smell—once it fades, you're ready to continue with other products. If starting with a damp cotton is still too irritating, I'd also suggest starting at the forehead where the skin is less delicate.

on 4/3/2018 12:09:00 PM

This is the stuff!! I eased my way into using this because I wasn't sure what to expect. I have the 1970 version with phenol. It makes your face red and numb and is kind of stinky when you put it on but these effects don't last long. It seems to do amazing things for the clarity and tone of my skin. It also seems to help resolve minor breakouts and milia bumps without being overly drying. I am 51, and both my husband and adult daughter recently commented on how amazing my skin looks. I had been trying out CC creams for redness and blotchiness, but since using this every day or so, my own skin looks better than any coverage from a CC cream so I only need sunscreen and my under eye concealer. I started out with a travel size bottle, which was enough for many uses, but just reordered a bigger size. This is one skin care item that truly makes a difference. Worth the price!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have not used this very long, but nevertheless feel strongly that this was the biggest COLOSSAL WASTE OF MONEY and I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE.

Of all the beauty products I've bought, I think this one is my single biggest regret. It's just that bad for me. I should've known better from the ingredients to the reviews of how it burns that this is incompatible with my sensitive, slightly dry skin. I just really really hoped and wanted it to work.

Pros
- none

Cons
- burns! hurts!
- breaks me out
- doesn't make my skin feel or look good. Just makes it red, sensitive, irritated, and prone to sunburn. Skin is much worse than before!
- complete waste of money

First of all, THIS BURNS. EVEN WHEN DILUTED. I don't think any face treatment should burn. Some do, unfortunately. I simply don't think it's neccessary. There are a lot of exfoliating products on the market that don't burn; stick with one of those. I have sensitive skin, but have heard from others with normal skin that this burns.

Second of all, in my experience with products, I don't believe in beauty treatments going through a "PURGE". Products break you out or they don't. This purge myth seems like a convenient way for brands to wiggle out of their products being labeled as breaking people out.

Third, the price is ridiculous. Really. So many great, gentle toners/exfoliators on the market.

Fourth, just because something has been around since 1970 doesn't mean it's great

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As a black woman who has to be very picky about what products I put on my skin, I happened to stumble a popular YouTuber going through finer skincare items. I was a bit nervous about this product as the price isn't exactly a walk in the park. After getting a sample size of this I fell in love with my skin.

As someone who doesn't have an unlimited budget, I try to budget this in every 4-6 months and rotate it with my Pixi Glow Tonic. If I was really abrasive with my skin then it will tingle a lot but overall it made my skin clearer and my pores smaller.

I'm 17 and i depend on this product so much! My mum and sister also use this. We've gone away for Christmas and forgot this at home and i can already tell (it's been 2 days). This clears out your skin, NOTHING is comparable to this. I've been using it for over a year and it is insane. Also, I wanted to remark that the other reason why my skin has cleared is because i used the BR Placenta cream. The first month my skin was 10 times worse but only because it brings to the surface all the bad stuff. My skin is great thanks to these products. PLEASE TRY THEM AND THANK ME LATER

on 12/26/2017 11:31:00 AM

this helped me get rid of the whiteheads i used to have on my forehead. it doesn't seem to be as effective on my cheeks, but I'm grateful for what it did on my forehead. my skin is pretty tough from regular chemical peels, but this stung a little and made my face feel warm and tingly the first time I applied it... so I would recommend to go slow with this one, if your skin is sensitive. it absorbs quickly, even if I apply more than necessary, which I really, REALLY appreciate. while I'm trying to figure out if I can justify purchasing the big bottle I'm not using it that much because I don't want to run out, so I can't remember if I saw any hydration improvement on my skin but I never experienced any excessive dryness from this. I would buy a small bottle and see if you love it. Use it regularly until you run out and if you don't love it, don't buy it, it's way too expensive to buy if you only like it.

on 12/10/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm going to preface this review with do not order from Rescue Spa - as my review for another BR product didn't make the cut at a 1 star, but my two 5 star reviews did and when I inquired why, they never bothered answering. Hello, integrity? There are other places online to BR that allegedly provide more samples and they'll be getting my business now.

That being said, I'm going to leave my review I left for this product on their site here, because this toner is the bomb for my skin type.

I'd never heard of this before and after reading the reviews, I figured this would be perfect for my skin (thick, oily, congested). My normal routine is a Korean one, but the toners had been underwhelming and my skin while it looked great, was still congested and I needed more oomph. Enter this beauty! Upon my first application, no stinging which is no surprise as I have thick, oily skin that can tolerate a lot. It did numb a bit and the Chloraseptic smell is pretty strong, but fades rapidly.

The results were immediate and my skin was glowing from the first use. I jumped in applying twice a day, but I'd say start slower if you don't have skin like mine. My skin is now brighter, my blackheads are gone....and that's a freaking miracle for my 43 year old skin. I also had this weird congested pore by my eye that has lived there for years. I squeeze the contents out occasionally, but it always came back. After a month use, that thing has packed up and moved on and is almost gone with no picking on my end. This lotion doesn't dry me out, has given me a bit less oil production and seems to amp up the results of whatever I put on next. Highly recommend!

It's a bit expensive, but I got the middle size bottle and it's probably going to last me 4-6 months at two times a day.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice product.I was worried that the acids content would sting my sensitive dry face, but it never did so far, it is very gentle and refreshing. I use this only night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is looking fresh and glowy, not sure if it is thanks to this toner particularly but so far my regime is working well for me.
Only complaint I have about this toner is that it doesn't apply smoothly, I feel like i am dragging the cotton across my face.