Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

I believed Lotion P 50 by Biologique Recherche would be a HG and bought the little bottle to test it first. Unfortunately, it did diminish my pores a little bit but at the cost of really drying out my 40-year old combination skin and giving it a paper-like feel. The smell is horrible and I really had to avoid my husbands good night kiss for a while.
If you are looking after a dramatic difference, I recommend Peter Thomas Roths Un-wrinkle peel pads that keep my pores as small as possible and hydrate and polish like nobodies business. A cheaper alternative that comes close is Ordinary's Peeling Solution Mask (AHA 30%). I'm glad I tested the Lotion first! It was worth giving it a try, maybe it's supposed to work on younger or oilier skin!

No one quote knows how to describe the smell, however the smell actually comes from phenol, which is a key component of embalming fluid. The use of this chemical makes this fluid extremely potent and effective.

Le meilleur toner acide exfoliant que j'ai jamais essayé! Ça sent mauvais mais ça marche! Le battage médiatique est réel sur celui-ci! Sérieusement, juste quelques utilisations et vous pouvez voir une différence dans votre peau. J'ai même cessé d'utiliser mon Sunday Riley Good Genes car il s'agit d'un produit étonnant qui travaille plus fort pour exfolier et illuminer ma peau. Si vous ne l'utilisez pas avec des produits acides ou agressifs, commencez avec le tonique éclatant de pixi, il est beaucoup plus doux que la lotion P50 1970. Ce toner n'est PAS pour quelqu'un qui commence tout juste à prendre soin de la peau

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am so disappointed that this is not a miracle product for me- it is okay, but I have used exfoliants as good for less money. And I am a veteran of exfoliants: a lifetime user of Retin-A (and some stronger relations) someone who tolerates Fraxel pretty well, etc etc
And boy, does it smell bad: aggressively medicinal. To the point that my husband has complained. And he is usually pretty chill about my various bedtime face care rituals.
I have had one tiny but persistent blackhead for a month while using this twice a day:I thought this was precisely the kind of thing this product would tackle. Don’t get me wrong- it is not bad- I do think it makes my skin look fresh and I might buy it again- but I will look elsewhere first for my next exfoliant.

on 9/26/2018 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I had dreamed of using this product for about 3 years before I finally gave in and spent £61 on it. Yes it is an exfoliating toner. It is an expensive exfoliating toner and it smells of vinegar. But it is the best hands down by far. It doesn’t tingle my skin now I’m used to it. I look fresher and the texture has improved all over. I splash it on (decadent I know) rather than waste it on a cotton pad. I use it hairline to bustline and on the back of my hands every morning. I have no interest in any other chemical exfoliants now I have this! It is an investment in your skin for sure but at my age (45) it’s worth the expense if you can afford it.

on 9/15/2018 10:20:00 AM

I got the P50T, because in Japan they have only a limited (three types, I believe) range of these toners. I was warned that it stinks to high heaven, and in the beginning I was shocked, but now I am used to it and I even use it in the mornings, because it does dissipate. It’s a pretty nasty sensation to apply it, because, even though I do not rub it in, I just pat it gently in upwards motions, as I was taught by the BR esthetician, it still tingles and reddens my skin. You have to be careful with what you put on next, because I noticed it doesn’t always mesh well with other essences or serums. For example, SKII Facial Treatment Essence or CosRX Centella Blemish Ampoule caused such massive redness and burning, that I had to wash my face immediately. Thankfully, it works well with other serums I love, so it’s not a major problem. I give it 5 stars because it really helps to clear, heal and keep my hormonal acne at bay, like nothing else. It’s a product that truly does what it says. The only place I would hesitate to use it on is the neck. As a previous reviewer said, it really dries and irritates the skin on the neck, so I use a different toner for that area. Overall I would repurchase because despite the smell and the other issues, it really clears up my skin, which is the reason I invested in it in the first place.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Lotion P50 1970 is the only skincare product you absolutely NEED. It changes everything about your face from texture, redness, pores and pimples. This product makes my skin look glow-y and alive enough that it shines through any makeup I wear. I guarantee if you buy expensive makeup or full coverage you won't need either of those things once you consistently use this product. I now buy the lightest coverage because other than redness and the occasional pimple, I LOVE the way my skin looks.

It's expensive BUT I guarantee if you are unsatisfied with your skin, you will inevitably spend hundreds of dollars buying poor products that are readily available and highly marketed that don't have the active ingredients you need. A large bottle can easily last you at least a year and you can slap the cheapest makeup on your face...it will still look beautiful.

It has a vinegar smell, guarantee you won't notice it after a few uses. It's hard to find, seek out high end spas on the internet. The 1970 version is 'illegal' in Canada due to phenol but you can still get it if you look hard enough but if not the Lotion P50 is just as good.

If this product was to cost $500 I would still religiously repurchase. It's HG of the HG's and will never live without it

on 6/24/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My partner bought the Lotion P50V 1970 for dry skin. He couldn’t use it because the smell of the phenol grossed him out so much, but I started using it to try to help my adult acne.

I have been using this for the past 4 months and barely made a dent in the medium bottle. I pour a few drops into my palm and pat it all over my face after washing my face with the pink Lunese Cyclic cleanser. It burns a little bit and makes my face red, but the phenol helps and my skin always looks amazing when I wake up in the morning. It smells absolutely disgusting, but I got used to it. You’re supposed to use this twice a day, but I’m afraid of people smelling it on me during the day, so I only use it once a day at night.

It has absolutely normalized my skin, making it less oily, reducing the size of my pores, and giving my skin a healthy glow. I get far less acne, my skin texture has improved, and the sebaceous filaments on my nose are barely perceptible. After I go through the bottle with phenol, I will probably try a gentler version without phenol for my next bottle, probably the P50W without phenol.

on 5/30/2018 12:20:00 AM

Don’t bother, go straight for The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Toner and skip this. Biologique Recherche as a brand is loaded with animal ingredients- pig collagen... amniotic liquid and placenta. I am saying the brand, not this lotion specifically. The Ordinary toner costs less than 10 USD and does same job.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lotion P50 is difficult to review because, moreso than most skin products, it is very specifically targeted to skin type. In terms of the "new" P50, I found it to have little noticeable effect on my skin compared to other, less expensive (and more active) acid toners. It also consistently irritated my neck, likely a combination of dry skin and vinegar. I personally would not buy again, but that doesn't mean I oppose all variations (P50 1970 works for me—go figure). Best advice here is to speak to a brand expert and have them choose the right version for you. If this is your fit, it does live up to the cabbage water and vinegar smell—once it fades, you're ready to continue with other products. If starting with a damp cotton is still too irritating, I'd also suggest starting at the forehead where the skin is less delicate.