Cover Girl Professional Natural Lash Mascara

Cover Girl Professional Natural Lash Mascara

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

I use this product on my brows and I like it. It makes my very sparse, light brows more visible. It makes the tiny invisible hair stand out more and look more visible, thus making my overall brows appear thicker & fuller. The wand is a great shape for moving my lashes where I want them, unlike the maybelline brow gel brush, which is hard to work with. It does make my brows stick to my face, not exactly crunchy but I can definitely feel the product on them. So it does not make them soft. But I like the way it makes my brows look. As far as using it on lashes it didn't do anything at all. It doesn't make them stand out more or look longer or anything. However it might do some good on long thick lashes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product probably 7 years ago and still use that same tube. Yes, I know it's probably not hygienic, but I only use it on my brows and not often. It's a good product & doesn't dry up, obviously.

on 9/26/2008 3:36:00 AM

This product is one of my secret makeup tools. I'm a self-professed mascara whore and my eyelashes have be just "so" or else I'm not happy. I know you're supposed to put on your mascara after you've done everything, but I'm just not that kind of gal. Before doing anything else, I curl my lashes, apply mascara and then go over that first layer with my CG clear mascara. Yes, it makes a huge mess. Every morning, I look like a little raccoon, but you see my dear readers, combing the clear mascara through the regular mascara - and using your eyelids as a base - creates the smoothest, clump free lashes you could ever imagine. And the separation! Let's just say I get asked all the time if I'm wearing fake lashes or if those are really my lashes. I promise you, it really works. I go through a lot of Q-tips in my quest for perfect lashes, but there's nothing worse than heavy feeling crunchy lashes. (Gross.)

Try it sometime and you'll see. It may take a couple of tries to develop your expertise, but the clear mascara trick works.

Oh, and another thing, once your lashes dry and you've done your other eye makeup, you can go over the first layer of mascara another couple hundred times without any dreaded buildup. (So long as your actual mascara is a quality one.)

Hope it works for you!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I hate using black mascara because 1) it always gets all around my eyes, 2) it looks really clumpy, and 3) I don't really want the dramatic look. So this clear mascara is perfect for a natural look. It's also great for using on brows.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

perfect for the natural look, also if you don't mind it flaking off later!

on 11/9/2005 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use this all the time for day, but I've recently scaled back my morning makeup routine and this seems like an unnecessary extra step....so I'm eliminating it. The mascara did a nice job of separating and defining my lashes without adding color, but clear mascara seems like an oxymoron to me now! If I had unruly brows that needed help, I'd definitely repurchase this again....but not for now. EDIT 2/9/07: I won't repurchase this. I either use mascara or I don't. No clear for me! continued >>

on 6/8/2005 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tint my own eyelashes with an awesome and pathetically easy-to-use kit called 1000 Hours Brow & Lash Tint in Midnight Blue (blue/black) that I ordered from a online pharmacy in NZ (Id previously used the Roux Brow/Lash tint kit that I got from Sallys but it was much more difficult to use and the results werent as long lasting or as glossy-looking). This lash tint leaves my bare lashes looking full, longer and lush as it dyes the little blonde tips of my lashes (doesnt matter how dark your lashes are naturally, EVERYONE has those pale little tips on the end!) and really brings out the whites of my eyes (navy mascara has a similar effect). Since I want to show *off* the results of my handiwork, and not camouflage it with a traditional colored mascara, I was looking for a clear mascara that I could use to give my tinted lashes just a little bit more emphasis. In the past, I had tried clear mascaras from Makeup Forever and New York Color and wasn't really impressed. Also, I prefer a curved mascara wand, so when I saw this CoverGirl Smoothers "Natural Lash & Brow Mascara" with the curved brush, I snapped it up. Unlike most of the other reviewers who seem to use clear mascara only on their brows, I'm someone who actually uses it on my eyelashes and it works wonderfully well: gives my midnight-blue-tinted-lashes just enough added 'oomph' to really make my eyes pop. If you're looking for a clear mascara that actually thickens and/or lengthens your lashes, then this probably isn't for you, but if you're just wanting to go with that natural, YLBB look, this product is for you! I'll definitely repurchase again in three months when I have to toss this tube and get a fresh one because it has "expired."

on 2/21/2005 1:56:00 PM

I ONLY use this on my eyebrows. I've been using it for years. I am sensitive to just about everything but have never had a problem with this. It's a staple for me, Max Factor also has a clear mascara but it is more expensive so I'll stick with this.

This is my HG everyday, downtime, day off mascara. Since i have dark hair and lashes, i can get a natural mascara look with this product without all the heavy texture and color of my regular black mascaras. This is a great product that is very inexpensive and comfortable to wear. It has never irritated my sensitive eyes, and i love the way it conditions my lashes, too. Its the perfect break from other mascaras. For going out i reach for my beloved black, but for just 'everyday', this is perfect! It feels like you're not wearing makeup, but still provides the added staying power for my pencil and eyeshadow as well as a lightweight yet finished look. Why bother with something like Clinique Naturally Glossy when this is totally clear and ten times better at a fraction of the cost? A real HG unique product for $3 at Walmart! Give it a try, you wont be sorry! :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have blonde hair and eyelashes so I can't use anything thats not blonde. I can't even use brown without making me look like I have racoon eyes. So I use this and it makes my eyelashes look great. I love the brush, the curves work great. I would buy this over and over again!

<3 Chic Elle!