Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by hair type : Other
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 2/16/2019 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

LOVE this moisturizer. I mainly use it at night over my face oil (herbivore botanicals emerald). I warm it up in my hands and then tackle the driest parts first (cheeks, chin) and then spread everywhere else, including my neck and chest. I wake up every morning with glowy skin thanks to this. I rarely use it during the day as it’s a bit thick, but if I want a bit of extra glow I add a tiiiiiiny bit to my cheekbones so it shines through my makeup as a natural highlight. Katie Jane Hughes recommends this product which is why I purchased in the first place.

on 11/14/2018 11:28:00 PM

I've recently added this to my skin care routine now that the colder months are approaching and my skin has never been better. I use this at night more because it's thick and I really slather it all over my face and when I wake up in the morning my skin is so moisturized and makeup application is better because the dry patches are gone. I've stopped using eye creams and replaced it with this instead. I also mix with my hand creams for added moisture. I use it on my elbows, I mix it with Nuxe dry oil for my feet... I've incorporated it with everything because it's so good! I have it in the car, office, purse, everywhere! It's that good!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do I see an organic 'Beauty Flash Balm'? 1 product that can multitask and have so many different uses is a product that I absolutely have to try! Unfortunately it just wasn't what I expected it would be and for one reason alone: it was too heavy. Nothing else bothered me about Skin Food other than its heaviness and inability to absorb into my skin - whether used on my hands, feet or roughest areas such as elbows or knees, it left a greasy after feel that I did not like (Lanolin perhaps?). The only use I did get out of this was as a lip treatment - a small dab each PM left overnight on lips and they would be softer and slightly plumper looking by the morning.

Bottom line: despite my high hopes, this is not the natural/organic alternative to my beloved Clarins Beauty Flash Balm...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin that just doesn't respond and burns with most moisturizers. My skin l-o-v-e-s this! It repairs my skin barrier like Avene Cicalfate but at a fraction of the price and without the mineral oil. I wish the smell weren't so strong but it does go away.

on 11/28/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to see what it could do for my oily/dry combination face (in hindsight, this super thick, emollient cream is not my best bet for daily use given that I don't have really dry skin). Fast forward to the chilly weather and dry indoors and my lips are the worst they've ever been. I was at a loss for what to use on the bleeding, cracking and flakiness - until I used a dab of this. This blows the dozens of balms I have used out of the water: it's thick, creamy and leaves my lips feeling hydrated and smooth. The cream itself is light so I apply sparingly if I am going out in public, but I slather this goodness on before bed and my lips are not chapped, cracked or flaking! The smell is a bit herbal and citrus-y, and this feels somewhat oily on the lips. I bought a 1 oz. tube for around $10 or so, and I don't know if I'm going to finish the tube but I would repurchase again if I ever run out!

on 7/28/2016 6:51:00 PM

Skin food really confuses me. I love it but not for the reason I think I am supposed too. Its supposed to be a really nourishing and moisturising cream but whenever I use this it makes my skin very dry. I have used this all over my face and it never breaks me out or clogs my pores but after a few days I look dry and flaky..however, I love it because it dries up pimples like nothing else. If I get a spot I apply this and within a day its dried out, after 2 days the scab (eurgh) comes off and the spot is gone. It also was an amazing treatment for mosquito bites...when I get bitten around my ankles they are really bad, huge, red, swollen, itchy...and last for weeks. I applied this and within 3 days they where flat, no longer red or itchy and dried out. So yes I highly recommend this but not for moisturising properties, more healing properties. I couldn't be without it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This cream is especially good for dry, sensitive skin on the face. I would not suggest for combination-oily or very oily skin as it is way too rich and greasy!
I found this works best warmed up between my fingertips and applied in a patting motion as the formula doesn't have much slip and 'massaging' it in like the instructions say only drags your skin around. This is a very thick cream so I find it much better applied at night as an overnight moisturiser as I wake up with glowing, supple skin. I have tried this in the morning using a pea-sized amount and tapping more on places that it needs and it does take a while to sink into the skin which is why it makes a good night cream.
The scent is a herbal-floral scent, it doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin nor does it dry it out.
Overall, I really do like this moisturiser, and it has many uses all over the body such as hands or feet. You literally only need a teeny amount so the tube will last me a long time as I don't use everyday as it is very thick so don't want to congest my skin.

on 2/9/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well I bought this on a friend's recommendation, she loves it. I do like the packaging, and I think you get a lot of product, but it's the cream itself that I'm not a fan of. It is quite thick and heavy, but seems to have a powdery texture to it. After using it I feel like I've rubbed talc into my hands. I find it uncomfortable. I've tried to love it but it's not for me. I prefer my hand creams to have a little more moisture to them. I also don't particularly like the scent, I find it a bit much, like the consistency of the cream. Won't finish it and I've only used it a week!

Wow the Weleda skin food really got the job done of actually softening and healing my roughened damaged skin from washing a lot dish with Ajax Lemon Dishwash liquid soap without gloves!

on 4/6/2013 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Great product. Leaves skin soft and moisturized but a tad bit greasy, which is okay in rough weather imo. The fragrance is citrusy/orangey/medicinal but not bad and it doesn't linger. A definite repurchase.