Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by age: 36-43
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.4

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

Bought it due to Katie Jane Hughes's praises on Instagram and have repurchased three times. My skin savior in the winter. I use it like Katie does: I warm up a good dollop on my finger tips so the cream breaks down into a thinner consistency, then apply it on the driest parts first, eg. my cheeks. I use the leftover on my nose and chin. Then I wait 5min before applying sunscreen. Really hope they never change the formula.

on 12/17/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was recommended this product to help with peeling and dryness from Tretinoin cream. It’s been a godsend! I now use it daily on my face/neck/lips/hands. It does have a spa-like fragrance but it’s pleasant and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin nor bother my chronic headaches. It absorbs into the skin quickly even though it’s a fairly thick product, leaving your skin soft and hydrated.

on 8/11/2018 7:03:00 AM

I have dehydrated but oily skin that is prone to breakouts (lucky me) and I am a huge fan of this product, which I have been using for a month.

I use a pea sized amount, warm it between my fingertips and tap it over my face. I then follow with an oil free moisturizer (Clinique Hydrating Jelly) which helps me to spread the Weleda Skin Food but isn't moisturising enough for me on its own. This way I'm able to add both water and oil based moisturising factors to my skin and control the percentages (I use more Skin Food at night, and less in the morning, so that I'm not as shiny during the day).

In only four weeks I have seen a dramatic improvement in the quality of my skin and the severity and frequency of my breakouts. I suffer from moderate acne, but within two weeks of switching to this regime almost all of my blemishes cleared and at the time of writing I only have two tiny pimples that can barely be seen.

I was quite worried about trying it on my face due to its thickness, but it's really delivered results for me. Fingers crossed it continues to do so!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Overhyped.
I like weleda shampoos, but nothing else.
This is a natural cosmetics brand the quality of the products is just avarage.
The cream is thick, waxy paste that gives zero hydration. Nivea cream is much better, believe me.
After two days of using this as a body balm my skin was greasy on top and cracky, dry and dehydrated underneath.

If you'd like to test that type of creams, go for Hauschka rose cream or Biologique Recherche ones. Much pricier, but worth it.
If you need something cheaper, Nivea in blue can is also worth trying.

on 5/23/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've heard so much about Skin Food and so when it was on sale at Choices, I had to try it.

Great for my hands! I wash my hands A LOT due to a very busy work environment, and from all the washing and hand sanitizing, my hands are really parched. I layer on Skin Food before bedtime, and my hands feel so much better in the morning, and actually, for a few days afterward too. This is more like a balm, not a cream. I LOVE THE SMELL, but I know it won't be for everyone. Someone commented that it smells like a gin and tonic; they're not wrong!

I think once you try this, you'll realize that most "moisturizers" are just liquified, scented wax, that don't really do much than temporarily coat your hands. I can honestly say that my hands feel much more comfortable with Skin Food.

on 5/8/2018 9:39:00 AM

I don't like the smell or the feel of the cream, but I use it occasionally on my elbows when the skin there get's super-dry. One application and problem solved! It's really strange, but the skin will feel so much better for several days - after one application.

on 4/18/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This wasn't for me. I have rosacea on my cheeks and I had heard some use this for Rosacea but it made my cheeks burn. I had to wash it off. However some probably did soak in and when I woke up the next day my skin somehow looked different and brighter. Even so I can not use this and risk making it worse.

on 3/6/2018 1:32:00 PM

Best thing for superdry hands in wintertime! Also works as a rich complement to my face rutin in periods. Love the rich feeling, the scens but most imortant the pure ingedients.

on 2/21/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've gone through numerous tubes of Weleda Skin Food over the years. It makes a great overnight treatment when my face is feeling super dry or irritated. It's extremely thick, it works best for me over a light layer of jojoba oil.

on 10/26/2016 8:52:00 PM

This smells beautiful, I can't describe it very well but it's kind of orangey, clean but spicy. Quite edible, but not like food. Anyway. I love the texture, so thick, it reminds me of oil paint, and you can almost hear dry skin saying 'ahhhh' with relief when you apply it. Sadly it gives me milia if I use it on my face so I've donated it to a passing man, who swears by it. Well worth a try as a night cream for dry skin.