CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

4.7

on 9/28/2009 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this very sheer red on my skin. I'm MAC NW25, Chanel 30, GA LSF 5.5 with light brown/dark blonde hair and blue eyes and I find that I can wear most cool and warm colours well. Honey Red is, on my light-to-medium pigmented lips, a sheer warm red with enough brown/caramel in it to turn it into a YLBB colour. It's very versatile and can go from a work environment to a night out to a picnic in the park with ease. It has very little staying power but that was to be expected. I can see this being my chuck-it-on-and-go, no-mirror-required, basic/neutral lipstick. It fills a gap in my lipstick collection for that reason (and which was why I bought it!). It's cheap enough (I paid about AU$12 on Strawberrynet - cheaper than most drugstore lippies here) to repurchase several times, which I am probably going to do, given that others have commented on how quickly it gets used up. Packaging is very sleek. If you are scared of red lipstick or haven't found one that suits you yet then I recommend starting off with this very mild, muted shade.

on 5/1/2007 12:54:00 PM

I love this color!! It's a rich golden red that matches my yellow toned skin and dark hair with blue eyes. Has anyone come across this sort of colour in a drugstore long lasting product like Revlon Colorstay? It's very annoying (and costly) to apply this product several times a day. If anyone can suggest a similar color in a longlasting product, please email me.

I am a PPP with yellow undertones and as stated by the reviewer below this on me is also red with no hint of brown or pink. I really like it for days were i want to look a bit more pouty. Five stars from me.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow...this lipstick is just perfect. Its a beautiful shade of sheerish browned red. It doesnt fuschia on me and it doesnt make me look like a hooker as most reds do. I just cant get over how great this is. Its definatly something I would reccoment to PPPs, people who are wary of a bright red and people on which reds turn fuschia. This formula is SO moisturizing! Love love love love love this!!!!

on 11/24/2004 12:36:00 PM

LOVE THIS!! This is the best red for me, and I've tried a lot of them. I usually have to go for the brown-ish reds, since true reds just look fuschia on me. This one is a warmish neutral red, not too brown, but doesn't have a hint of pink either. It also helps that the formulation is sheer, so it doesn't scream "Red Lipstick." Another bonus: since it's sheer, you can apply it without liner and a brush, and it still looks good! More of a "casual" red lippie, I'd say.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I like this color. I'm not big on reds because I think they are too harsh for me. I'm a PPP with brown hair and blue eyes. This color is sheer and it's a perfect shade of red. Almost hard to describe. Not too light, not too dark, not too bright, not too orangy or bluey like some reds can be.

on 3/30/2004 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A red I can wear! It's difficult finding a red lipstick to suit my PPP warm-toned skin and strawberry blonde hair but this is a perfect muted warm-toned red.