CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

4.6

on 9/28/2009 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this very sheer red on my skin. I'm MAC NW25, Chanel 30, GA LSF 5.5 with light brown/dark blonde hair and blue eyes and I find that I can wear most cool and warm colours well. Honey Red is, on my light-to-medium pigmented lips, a sheer warm red with enough brown/caramel in it to turn it into a YLBB colour. It's very versatile and can go from a work environment to a night out to a picnic in the park with ease. It has very little staying power but that was to be expected. I can see this being my chuck-it-on-and-go, no-mirror-required, basic/neutral lipstick. It fills a gap in my lipstick collection for that reason (and which was why I bought it!). It's cheap enough (I paid about AU$12 on Strawberrynet - cheaper than most drugstore lippies here) to repurchase several times, which I am probably going to do, given that others have commented on how quickly it gets used up. Packaging is very sleek. If you are scared of red lipstick or haven't found one that suits you yet then I recommend starting off with this very mild, muted shade.

on 5/1/2007 12:54:00 PM

I love this color!! It's a rich golden red that matches my yellow toned skin and dark hair with blue eyes. Has anyone come across this sort of colour in a drugstore long lasting product like Revlon Colorstay? It's very annoying (and costly) to apply this product several times a day. If anyone can suggest a similar color in a longlasting product, please email me.

I am a PPP with yellow undertones and as stated by the reviewer below this on me is also red with no hint of brown or pink. I really like it for days were i want to look a bit more pouty. Five stars from me.

on 11/1/2006 8:44:00 AM

I "lost" my previous review, so trying again... Honey red is a toned-down sheer red (kind of a coral red on me) that goes well with my light yellow-toned skin. I cannot see any pink in it whatsoever. For me this is a red - not a pink or a brown or a coral - but it doesn't shout "red lipstick"! Honey Red even looks nice when I'm tanned. The colour goes on sheer and I can wear it without lipliner. This can easily be worn to the office. It wears comfortably on my dry lips and of course needs fairly frequent reapplication. Never mind. The only thing I dislike is the packaging: I love the sleek silver tube but hate the ugly magenta stripe on it! However I enjoy this lipstick I won't buy again since there are so many others out there to discover...

This lipstick is great! I love the colour and the fact that it has a sun protection factor in it. The downside is that the lipstick does fade rather quickly, but the upside is that it's still a beautiful colour even though it has faded! Oh, and I think it's much too small as well, but I would still buy it again when I've finished this tube.

on 3/7/2006 3:38:00 AM

Honey Red has been a staple in my handbag since I discovered it last summer. Beautiful sheer red with a touch of pink. It's a moisture sheer formula so it takes a couple of swipes to build up the color. With one layer on my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, Armani LSF 5.5 skintone, my lips look sheer pinky red, two layers deepens the color, and finally with three layers it looks like a sheer red. The finish is glossy, almost like a lipgloss but not plasticky looking. It's moisturizing but the color does not last long. It does fade after a few hours. Although I love this lipstick I can't quite give it a perfect rating because of its size and packaging. It's tiny, I went through my first tube in a little over a month. Also the sleek silver tube design looks typical Clinique but that also means it gets dulled and scratched up in your purse. I still highly recommend Honey Red for red lips lovers and fearers!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

GORGEOUS color!!! Honey Red is a very sheer, warm, natural-flush red color. Even though it is red, it is sooooo wearable! And I am someone who never wears red, because I like "casual" lips (not "dramatic"), so this is really saying something coming from ME! It would look good with jeans on the weekend, shorts in the summer, as well as worn with a dress in the evening, or to the office during the week. I think the wearablity comes from the fact that it is so sheer and the color looks like a natural flush of the lips. Like you had just spent the day on a warm beach with clear gloss. Just flushed and glossy. Honey Red gives a warm, natural, sheer flush of red. I L*O*V*E IT!!! And the spf15 is a great added benefit too! Will absolutely purchase again!

on 1/8/2006 11:47:00 AM

I love the texture of this lipstick. It's very layerable and on my sallow PPP skin it works just fine. Bought it on Ebay for about $6 and am very happy with it. It is a touch more pigmented than the Bobbi Brown lip stains, but definitely not as thick as a classic lipstick. It is a bit more pink than I'd hoped, which is why I took off a lippie, but I'm still happy. In fact, I also bought one for my sister.

on 2/16/2005 10:21:00 PM

Finally I have found a red lipstick I can wear and even apply without a mirror if I need to. It does wonders for me--brightens me right up and adds a little sophistication and sexiness that only a red lipstick can. Yet it is very sheer and moist, glossy, and is just the most perfect shade! Not pink, coral, purple, orange, gold, mauve, cherry, brown, just pure clean red. But subtle. Try this one!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow...this lipstick is just perfect. Its a beautiful shade of sheerish browned red. It doesnt fuschia on me and it doesnt make me look like a hooker as most reds do. I just cant get over how great this is. Its definatly something I would reccoment to PPPs, people who are wary of a bright red and people on which reds turn fuschia. This formula is SO moisturizing! Love love love love love this!!!!