45%
package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I have zero allergies and no sensitivity. With that being said, these Eye Compresses were terrible. First off, to open the seal was difficult. The compress is too moist and gel like, which is fine, I have no problems with that. When I set out to "refresh" my eyes before going out in the evening after a long day, the burning and stinging were terrible. My eyes burned and teared. Afterwards, I felt like by eyes had a minor sunburn. I will never use this product again. I won't even give it away. The trash it goes. It's a terrible product and I love almost all of Borghese products. I especially like the eye makeup remover gel, which was off the market a while. It finally came back and I find that the gel remover also burns my eyes, not like the compresses. I still use and like the eyemake remover but I'm just a little more careful using it. Overall, I am satisfied with the eyemake remover but NOT the compresses!

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

10 months ago

After trying these eye compresses, I can confirm that the negative reviews are indeed founded. My own experience with this product has been so disappointing. As previous reviewers have correctly noted, these compresses are packaged very poorly, they sting your eyes, and have left the skin around my eyes red and irritated. I will not be using these compresses again, and I will most likely be throwing them in the bin.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

Firstly I hate the packaging.. The masks are so wet and stuck to each other, so hard to pick one. It does decrease puffiness and soothe tired eyes, but it stings my eyes like crazy when i get some into my eyes.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

9 years ago

The Borghese eye compresses are a staple for me...I'm so glad I tried them instead of listening to the negative reviews here. I've finished at least four jars in the past year. These compresses produce an immediate, dramatic improvement in my undereye bags and dark circles. After lying down with them for 10 minutes, I'd say my bags and dark circles are decreased by about 85-95%. Even if I'm running late, I still take at least 5 minutes to use them before applying my makeup, because the appearance of my undereyes affects the look of my entire face. I'm so glad I found these eye compresses...they are a life-saver for me!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

10 years ago

This is my first review of beauty products, since I seldom met something that is amazingly good or bad. Now I find one. After using two eye compress, my eyes feel so tight. The kind of tight like you have exposed you skin after multiple washes to the dry air for a long time without any moisturizer. So I stopped use that immediately after my first try and put my eye cream on, though that did not help either. It has been two days now and I still have the tight feeling which gets worse when I blink, and more fine lines. Hope everything will be ok soon. You will get nothing for ~50 bucks.

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

EyesBlack

10 years ago

I don't understand. My eye lids/ under eyes are not sensitive. But it burns after i put it on! My skin turned red! I used a lot of different kinds/ brands of eye cream/ eye masks, and I never had this problem before. :(

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

14 years ago

These are nice eye pads, although they are a bit big. Just use one and cut it in half, that should solve any problems due to size and cost issues. Be careful and don't get this stuff in the eyes as it will smart. Overall a good product to help reduce puffiness and fatigue around the eyes!

About reviewer (139 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination

EyesHazel

15 years ago

I like these...I don't have to much of a problem with puffiness but I like to place these in the fridge and put the cool compress on my eyes and rest, kick my feet up and then I moisturize like crazy when I finish. It does make me feel relaxed and soothes my tired eyes.

About reviewer (214 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Tan

HairBrown

15 years ago

These eye compresses are good, but not great enough to warrant the price tag. I'm not sure why some of the other people have commented that these are too small, because I found them to be pretty oversized. Like most of Borghese's eye products, this stings like hell if you get it into your eye, or if you leave it on too long (I'm sure the Witch Hazel in it has something to do with that). It does make a noticeable difference in the puffiness, but I wouldn't really plan on buying this again.

About reviewer (488 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

16 years ago

I bought these untested at Nordstrom after seeing them online. When the woman brought me the box I could not believe how HUGE it was. These compresses are enormous. I don't know if they've changed them since the last reviewer tried them, since she said they were not large enough. They come packaged in a sturdy glass jar and you recieve a generous 60 pads so the $49 price tag isn't too offensive. These pads contain the standard Acqua di Vita complex that is part of the Borghese line along with Tea Seed, Golden Seal, Witch Hazel, and Euphrasia. You only leave them on 5-10 min (longer and they tend to burn). The packaging said not to cut the pads, but one pad is so enormous, I cut it in half with a slight half-moon cut out and stick each half under each eye. Works beautifully and the product lasts forever. They are slightly cooling and do help with puffiness on a bad morning or to look a little more refreshed after a long day before going out. Of the eye masks/compresses I've tried (and I've tried alot) I've only repurchased this and the Origins No Puffery Mask. Both work great, but the Borghese is by far the best bang for your buck.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinCombination