Calvin Klein Escape For Women

Calvin Klein Escape For Women

3.3

I like this perfume although I don't wear it as often as I used to in the 90's but I still have a bottle in my arsenal of fragrances. It has that masculine musky scent to it that works for me. It has a tendency to be overwhelming so a little goes a long way, apply sparingly for best results.

I tested this out today. It said EDP and appeared to be the woman's Escape, but I swear it smelled sort of strong/masculine. I prefer the softer, feminine scents. You may like this if you like to make a statement with fragrance or enjoy sort of unisex smells. I do occasionally, but I'll pass on this one.

You can get this at a pretty good price if you like the scent. I see it at discount stores in smaller bottles. The bottle has a simple elegance.

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Exquisite on me. One spritz to the neckline from several inches and the scent is delectable for hours and hours. I receive compliments daily. However, those women who squirt it liberally will indeed find it nauseating as does everyone who abuses fragrance. The best compliment was an ex-lover who told me that when he was moving out of his apt and could still detect Escape on his pillow it made his legs go weak.

on 9/18/2013 7:56:00 AM

This is way too strong but very clean smelling. Immediately after spraying this I can't describe a single note of this fragrance as it has such strange chemistry. The sample I have just smells chemically when first applied but dried down after a couple of hours to a vague watermelony scent. I will not buy a full size bottle and it is doubtful whether I will finish the deluxe size sample that I have. This is way too harsh a fragrance for me, but I do think I have the newer version rather than the vintage one. Perhaps the original version is less harsh but I am not wasting my money trying to find it when I don't really like the reformulated one.

on 12/14/2012 7:18:00 PM

For a mass-market fragrance, Escape is supremely weird in its pairing of watermelons and peaches with seaweed, saltwater, and white flowers. Somehow, it all works to provide a sense of lushness, sunshine and ocean breezes.

By using a new kind of aromatic called calones, which provide that melon/marine effect, Escape was groundbreaking in 1991 and paved the way for other "watery" scents like L'Eau d'Issey. It still has a distinctive signature and I can always pinpoint someone wearing it. I LOVE that about Escape.

It's not something I wear often, as I have to be in the mood for its weird alchemy. I do think the reformulation is just fine-- I have both vintage and current, and while the former is more rounded and fruity, the current is a bit lighter and more wearable.

on 1/24/2012 5:05:00 PM

I have had an on and off love affair with fragrance over the years - i remember loving it in the nineties. I would purchase the fragrance again some 10 years later...but ended up swapping it again. I recently repurchased today actually - it was only 19.99 so the price was right. I sprayed on the sample and automatically started to rekindle fond memories i had for this scent...fruity and fresh at the same time. Lasting power is amazing and sillage as we all know is amazing too. I think it is a classic that will never go out of style. I think it is a nice change from all the caramel cupcake vanilla scents that are all the rage right now....mind you i have several of those also...fantasy, heiress, fancy, mariah...but for a change i am welcoming the appley fruity melony and flowery sweetness from Escape!!

on 1/19/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful clean aquatic scent! Strong and pretty too! I wear this to work...and co-workers say that it smells beautiful! Works well wiht my pheromones! U can buy this at Ulta or Marshalls/TJMaxx!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i like dis fragnance..it stays whole day n is kinda flowerly one...but i will prefer ck euphoria to it...i think euphoria is more classy...

i got it as a gift but i will never spend money on dis...its very strong so use wid caution...good for everyday use!!!

on 5/3/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

There is something in this fragrance (as is in many CK frags) that makes my stomach turn. Other than that it is quite lovely and classic.

A dab will do, it is pretty strong.

Has incredible staying power.

Clean, white floral...perhaps the precursor to Marc Jacobs' frags

on 12/11/2010 3:11:00 PM

I loved this when I wore it in college 20+ years ago. It was warmth personified if that makes sense. It always put me in a dreamy mood. i stoped wearing perfume but came across an ad for it recently and I was surprised it was still around and bought a bottle at beauty.com.

Uggh, it smelled like the ugly imposter. It had some resemblence but now smelled acrid and had a distinct smell of Cat pee. Maybe my sense of smell had changed? Then I read the review how Coty had taken over and maybe the formula changed. Another reviewer mentioned smelling fecal, so maybe what I need to do is find a "vintage" edition.

Popular Fragrances