Calvin Klein Escape For Women

Calvin Klein Escape For Women

3.3

Calvin Klein fragrances are always good on me, and this one was a hit. It's been dubbed my "mom" smell by my kids and, yet also inspired a young gentleman to chase me down as I emerged from the subway to ask what the name of my fragrance was. He had to have it for his girlfriend. It's clean, feminine, light and very sexy. Whatever the reason, it's inspired many compliments for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this perfume although I don't wear it as often as I used to in the 90's but I still have a bottle in my arsenal of fragrances. It has that masculine musky scent to it that works for me. It has a tendency to be overwhelming so a little goes a long way, apply sparingly for best results.

on 9/18/2013 7:56:00 AM

This is way too strong but very clean smelling. Immediately after spraying this I can't describe a single note of this fragrance as it has such strange chemistry. The sample I have just smells chemically when first applied but dried down after a couple of hours to a vague watermelony scent. I will not buy a full size bottle and it is doubtful whether I will finish the deluxe size sample that I have. This is way too harsh a fragrance for me, but I do think I have the newer version rather than the vintage one. Perhaps the original version is less harsh but I am not wasting my money trying to find it when I don't really like the reformulated one.

I tested this out today. It said EDP and appeared to be the woman's Escape, but I swear it smelled sort of strong/masculine. I prefer the softer, feminine scents. You may like this if you like to make a statement with fragrance or enjoy sort of unisex smells. I do occasionally, but I'll pass on this one.

You can get this at a pretty good price if you like the scent. I see it at discount stores in smaller bottles. The bottle has a simple elegance.

on 12/14/2012 7:18:00 PM

For a mass-market fragrance, Escape is supremely weird in its pairing of watermelons and peaches with seaweed, saltwater, and white flowers. Somehow, it all works to provide a sense of lushness, sunshine and ocean breezes.

By using a new kind of aromatic called calones, which provide that melon/marine effect, Escape was groundbreaking in 1991 and paved the way for other "watery" scents like L'Eau d'Issey. It still has a distinctive signature and I can always pinpoint someone wearing it. I LOVE that about Escape.

It's not something I wear often, as I have to be in the mood for its weird alchemy. I do think the reformulation is just fine-- I have both vintage and current, and while the former is more rounded and fruity, the current is a bit lighter and more wearable.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Exquisite on me. One spritz to the neckline from several inches and the scent is delectable for hours and hours. I receive compliments daily. However, those women who squirt it liberally will indeed find it nauseating as does everyone who abuses fragrance. The best compliment was an ex-lover who told me that when he was moving out of his apt and could still detect Escape on his pillow it made his legs go weak.

on 1/24/2012 5:05:00 PM

I have had an on and off love affair with fragrance over the years - i remember loving it in the nineties. I would purchase the fragrance again some 10 years later...but ended up swapping it again. I recently repurchased today actually - it was only 19.99 so the price was right. I sprayed on the sample and automatically started to rekindle fond memories i had for this scent...fruity and fresh at the same time. Lasting power is amazing and sillage as we all know is amazing too. I think it is a classic that will never go out of style. I think it is a nice change from all the caramel cupcake vanilla scents that are all the rage right now....mind you i have several of those also...fantasy, heiress, fancy, mariah...but for a change i am welcoming the appley fruity melony and flowery sweetness from Escape!!

on 5/3/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

There is something in this fragrance (as is in many CK frags) that makes my stomach turn. Other than that it is quite lovely and classic.

A dab will do, it is pretty strong.

Has incredible staying power.

Clean, white floral...perhaps the precursor to Marc Jacobs' frags

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i like dis fragnance..it stays whole day n is kinda flowerly one...but i will prefer ck euphoria to it...i think euphoria is more classy...

i got it as a gift but i will never spend money on dis...its very strong so use wid caution...good for everyday use!!!

on 1/19/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful clean aquatic scent! Strong and pretty too! I wear this to work...and co-workers say that it smells beautiful! Works well wiht my pheromones! U can buy this at Ulta or Marshalls/TJMaxx!

Popular Fragrances